Wenger angry at Mancini comments

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 5K
He said it about Neville and Adam. We will see what we can do we would like him etc. Mancini said we hope to sign him. I dont see much if any difference at all.

Agree here, if you have made contact with the club and they are willing to do business, but otherwise think both are in the wrong, and Wenger is entitled to be annoyed

Agree here, if you have made contact with the club and they are willing to do business, but otherwise think both are in the wrong, and Wenger is entitled to be annoyed

I still dont think he has done anything wrong at all. We are going down the wrong route here people, in the end managers wont be able to say anything about any players that arnt theres. Imagine Barnet manager gets asked how much would you like someone like Messi at your club? Oh sorry i cant talk about him. Stupidity seriously lads get a grip.

I still dont think he has done anything wrong at all. We are going down the wrong route here people, in the end managers wont be able to say anything about any players that arnt theres. Imagine Barnet manager gets asked how much would you like someone like Messi at your club? Oh sorry i cant talk about him. Stupidity seriously lads get a grip.

Because they are not their players, its pretty easy to see why hes annoyed

Lol he said he wants to sign a player not that he will sign this player.

an offer hadnt even been accepted, or even made yet, and he's saying he hopes it could have it wrapped up in a month

an offer hadnt even been accepted, or even made yet, and he's saying he hopes it could have it wrapped up in a month

Yer hope?? We all hope things in life. Hope to me says thats when he wants Citys transfers in to have been completed so it gives them 2 weeks to settle. Hope and expect are 2 completely different words hope is fine expect is not fine and Mancini said hope. He hopes to have Nasri not expect.

Yer hope?? We all hope things in life. Hope to me says thats when he wants Citys transfers in to have been completed so it gives them 2 weeks to settle. Hope and expect are 2 completely different words hope is fine expect is not fine and Mancini said hope. He hopes to have Nasri not expect.

He still hopes that a player - under contract at another club - will be his, without even making a bid for said player. It's wrong.

When Arsene isnt selling the player, and you haven't made a bid, you stepping over your bounds. and Wenger is rightly annoyed. SAF would just as annoyed too, and so would United fans

He still hopes that a player - under contract at another club - will be his, without even making a bid for said player. It's wrong.

Seriously lol we are entering such bad teritory here. It will get to the stage where no-one from a club will able to talk about another player. THEY ARE FOOTBALLERS NOTHING MORE!!!! People moan about how much they get and that they are treated like royalty but you are making it worse now. All people hope things and Mancini wants Nasri so what. If Nasri is commited to Arsenal then he wont rise to this and will just laugh it off and so should Arsenal and there fans.

When Arsene isnt selling the player, and you haven't made a bid, you stepping over your bounds. and Wenger is rightly annoyed. SAF would just as annoyed too, and so would United fans

Thats irrelivent because this dosent include Ferguson does it, although i think if someone said i wouldnt mind him (a Utd player) at our club Fergie would just say he aint going. Then if the player wasent commited to Utd and unhappy he would sling him out simple as that and you know it. If players are commited then saying you would like them dosent matter. I am absolutely amazed by how much bad press you lot are giving this seriously.

Seriously lol we are entering such bad teritory here. It will get to the stage where no-one from a club will able to talk about another player. THEY ARE FOOTBALLERS NOTHING MORE!!!! People moan about how much they get and that they are treated like royalty but you are making it worse now. All people hope things and Mancini wants Nasri so what. If Nasri is commited to Arsenal then he wont rise to this and will just laugh it off and so should Arsenal and there fans.

Thats irrelivent because this dosent include Ferguson does it, although i think if someone said i wouldnt mind him (a Utd player) at our club Fergie would just say he aint going. Then if the player wasent commited to Utd and unhappy he would sling him out simple as that and you know it. If players are commited then saying you would like them dosent matter. I am absolutely amazed by how much bad press you lot are giving this seriously.

well its relevant because it shows wenger isnt alone, and the stuff in bold is not true either, since he would first try and get to the bottom of it

Not gonna bother debating this anymore

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7045492,00.html

For **** sake, who do they think they are saying they would like our player playing for them!!! Ludacris the worlds gone mad lol.

Being very very sarcastic of corse.

Showing interest =/ saying you want him signed by the end of the month. It's the fact he puts a deadline on it, basically ruling out his future with Arsenal and almost claiming him as a City player.

It doesn't say whether City have had a bid accepted or not. "The situation is very difficult". Could mean anything.

It doesn't say whether City have had a bid accepted or not. "The situation is very difficult". Could mean anything.

City havent had a bid accepted, they've not even made a concrete approach, hence Wenger's annoyance

Roberto Mancini has admitted he was surprised to be criticised so fiercely by Arsene Wenger over comments made about Samir Nasri.
The Arsenal
spacer.gif
manager hit out at his Manchester City
spacer.gif
counterpart on Saturday, accusing him of breaking the 'basic rules of football' by discussing a desire to sign another club's player.
Mancini
spacer.gif
had stated that he was eager to sign Nasri
spacer.gif
'by the end of the month', although City later clarified that he was talking about general transfer targets and not Nasri specifically.
The Italian has now tried to further play down his remarks about Nasri, insisting that he had said little to anger Wenger.
"I said only that Nasri, (Sergio) Aguero are two good players and I said also that Nasri is under contract with Arsenal," said Mancini. "I don't know why he's upset, but only this.
"Because the question was about some good players, I say that like this. I said also that Nasri is under contract with Arsenal, it's difficult. Only this."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shocked?! Mancini really you cant see why he is angry at you

He may hope, dream whatever. Why to talk about him in the press conference. When he was asked about Nasri he could have said We will see or could have ignored that question. There is a reason why many clubs wont publish anything untill the transfer is done. Showing respect to other club..

The "problem" with Wenger, if you wanna call it so, is that he seems to still believe in kind of a "honor code", which is completely missed in nowadays football.

He may hope, dream whatever. Why to talk about him in the press conference. When he was asked about Nasri he could have said We will see or could have ignored that question. There is a reason why many clubs wont publish anything untill the transfer is done. Showing respect to other club..

Because in football these days too many people dont talk!!! How boring would it be if no-one said what they thought about a player/club?? He didnt say im definatly taking Nasri from Arsenal because we can pay him more etc etc. I genuinly cant believe how people are reacting to this.

Because in football these days too many people dont talk!!! How boring would it be if no-one said what they thought about a player/club?? He didnt say im definatly taking Nasri from Arsenal because we can pay him more etc etc. I genuinly cant believe how people are reacting to this.

I hope to sign X player is disrespecting Arsenal as they haven't given permission to talk to the player. If City had bid accepted and only personal terms to be agreed then we can agree Mancini did no wrong but here its completely different.

I hope to sign X player is disrespecting Arsenal as they haven't given permission to talk to the player. If City had bid accepted and only personal terms to be agreed then we can agree Mancini did no wrong but here its completely different.

How is it disrespecting Arsenal?? All they have to say is they can hope all they like we arnt selling him!! How hard is that?? This is so feeble its laughable. How many times has Coyle come out and said "We would love to have Sturridge back" and its fine because its a player he likes!! If Chelsea dont want to sell and the player dosen't want to move its no problem. If we are not careful everything in football is going to become silent and done behind closed doors and no-one will talk about anyone/anything.

Last edited:
Back