Wenger dealt fresh Vermaelen blow

Oh get over yourself and stop being such a girl.

Were massive rivals, and in a race for Champions League and your best Centre Back is injured? Of course I'm going to be happy.

I'm sure you were devastated when Dawson got injured? No, Thought not.

Grow up.

Difference is we didn't comment on the thread about Dawson being injured and celebrate..

Oh get over yourself and stop being such a girl.

Were massive rivals, and in a race for Champions League and your best Centre Back is injured? Of course I'm going to be happy.

I'm sure you were devastated when Dawson got injured? No, Thought not.

Grow up.

But I don't go on Spuds threads with the aim of ******* all the Spurs fans off, do I? Anyway, overreacted tbh - let's move on :)

Wenger's admitted he's going to have to strengthen his defence.. heard rumours that he wants to sign Sol Campbell again :p

This is not good news at all, Arsenal definitely need a new defender imo, Sol Campbell is just NOT the answer..

Djourou has been awesome this season :) but squilacci has been the opposite :(

Koscielny has been ok but seems a better defender than squilacci. Anyway I would love to see Samba or someone of that calibre

Micah Richards may be he wants to leave Man City. It'd be perfect for Arsenal just he isn't foreign.

It might turn out to be a boon in disguise(It will give us a better CB to partner vermalen)

But it is SAD

Well i think he can do nothing to force himself out of the club? If he hands transfer request City will rather give him for free to some other club. OR put him to reserves until his contract runs.

This ****** sucks.
Think it would just be best if Wenger said he won't be back this season, that way he can take his time to get over it 100% and come back in peak condition next season.

Would expect Cahill or Samba to be brought, unless Wenger finds someone amazing in some unknown place. And Sol is NOT our answer this season.

Ah, ****. Get better soon TV5 :wub:

Don't understand this "Samba to Arsenal" stuff - He's completely the opposite to what Wenger looks for. he has next to no technical ability and is just a tank, he's not even that good IMO.

You need a solid centre back with EPL experience to cover without having to pay too much money.

He's available, played incredibly well at Blackburn since joining and would only command a fee of about £8m. He'd also be beastly from set pieces making you more of a threat..

Ugh, 3 times now it's been announced that he's out for even longer - Vermaelen is so much better than our other centre-backs and would really help strengthen the defence.

Please Wenger bring in Samba.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Don't understand this "Samba to Arsenal" stuff - He's completely the opposite to what Wenger looks for. he has next to no technical ability and is just a tank, he's not even that good IMO.

How well has it worked out for us in the last few years having these 'non-tankish' CBs? I personally think this would be a good step.

Well the players Wenger has looked for in Koscielny and Squillaci have hardly been brilliant this season. Maybe we need something a little different.

He doesn't need good technical ability, he's a defender. As long as he can tackle, head the ball away and pass it upfield then it wouldn't be so bad we got him. Plus, he would be eligible for Champions League as well, unlike most CB's we will look at.

Who we can really sign ? mmm maybe Otamendi..

But he is too small..

That's true. Doesn't change the fact he'd be epic for our team though, personally I think he's a great defender. I hope to God we get him.

Oh please do not sign Otamendi Wenger. Actually it seems as if Wenger is targetting someone already in the premiership.

Last edited: