Wenger named best manager of the decade

Shay Given

Banned
Reaction score
Arsene wenger has been named the worlds best manager of the last decade by the ( IFFHS ) or ' International Football Federation for History and Statistics ' an organisation officially recognised by FIFA .

Top 10 Managers -
1 - Arsene Wenger 156
2 - Sir Alex Ferguson 148
3 - Jose Mourinhio 135
4 - Fabio Capello 120
5 - Guus Hiddink 112
6 - Carlo Ancellotti 108
7 - Luiz Scolari 101
8 - Marcelo Bielsa 101
9 - Rafael Benitez 97
10 - Marcello Lippi 88

They vote every year but wengers never actually topped a pole but hes consistently been in the top 10 so when they added up all points over 10 years he came out on top, despite failing to win anything in the last 5 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...anager-past-decade-trophy-hes-won-years.html?

A bit surprised Fergie didn't win it. Must have been the early decade points that swung it in Wengers favour

I'd say Mourinho would be a better choice because he's really risen this past decade. Won't argue with Wenger though, one of my favourite managers footballing wise.

I guess thats fair considering its the last decade in which he won 3 premire league titles, got to the ChampionsLeague Final and had that unbeaten season plus domestic cup wins although if it was me I would have gone for SAF or Jose Mourinho who have both won Champions League Trophies, league titles and Jose Mourinho even won that Treble with Inter Milan making them champions of Eruope for the first time since 1965

1.. why didn't fergie win???
2.. why is fabio capello 4th???

Wow, I'm surprised, but obviously this is my thinking too.

I changed my mind after seeing whatFergie and Mourinho have achieved n the past decade and when youc ompare it to Wenger's CV its sigtly barren

Mourinho
Porto (2002–2004)
Chelsea (2004–2007)
Internazionale (2008–2010)
The Treble (League, Cup and European trophy)
Individual

Capello shouldnt be in top 10, no way !.

Sir Alex first...then Mourinho and then Wenger.

But....Ian Holloway :'(

I think that's absurd.

No offence to Wenger, he moans a lot and Arsenal have had a few barren years but he's still a tremendous manager. As people have said, Mourinho and Fergie are much more deserving.

Sir Alex Ferguson

5 Premiere League Titles

1 FA Cup

1 League Cup

1 Champions League Trophy

1 FIFA Club World Cup

4 Community Shields

i am pleased it is not Mr ferguson.

i would probably put maureen in first though.

I honestly think Mourinho has won more trophies in the last decade than Wenger has won in his lifetime

These are my top ten managers:
1. Sir Alex Ferguson
2. Jose Mourinho
3. Arsene Wenger (felt i had to put him here)
4. Ian Holloway
5. Josep Guardiola
6. Mick McCarthy
7. Steve Bruce
8. Owen Coyle
9. Martin O'Neil
10. Martin Jol