Wenger Pole-Axed By Szczesny

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 6K
Fair do's to him, wanting to play. Can't be hard with those two infront of you

Perhaps I overreacted, though I'm just trying to emphasise how bad our keepers actually are.

Perhaps I overreacted, though I'm just trying to emphasise how bad our keepers actually are.

I think you misread my post as having a dig at you, i wasn't at all, i was just agreeing with your later post as it turns out, and with others saying that Vito hasn't had enough of a chance, but has looked good when he did play. We simply don't know how good he is, he doesn't even play for the reserves, James Shea does.(I think :S)

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Fair do's to him, wanting to play. Can't be hard with those two infront of you

3. Vito Mannnone.

Wenger - Don't blame Fabianski for Keane goal

Lukasz Fabianski was not at fault for Robbie Keane’s equaliser during the Carling Cup tie against Tottenham, according to Arsène Wenger.

The Polish keeper has come in for criticism from sections of the media after getting hand to Keane’s shot but failing to divert the ball away from danger.

Arsenal went on to win the tie 4-1 after extra time and Wenger was quick to defend Fabianski for his performance on Tuesday night.

“You can't blame him for that goal because he touched it and when a goalkeeper touches the ball you always think he should stop it,” said Wenger

“But if he dives and doesn't touch it nobody speaks about it.

“First of all, the goal was offside and apart from that I think he had a sound game.”

LOL. He was almost entirely at fault for it, it was a weak shot and straight at him pretty much, he should have been holding that, or at the very least getting it away from goal rather than into the goal :S. Still have nightmares about the Porto goal :'(

LOL. He was almost entirely at fault for it, it was a weak shot and straight at him pretty much, he should have been holding that, or at the very least getting it away from goal rather than into the goal :S. Still have nightmares about the Porto goal :'(

:S:S:S we stuck with him forever

Fabianski was at fault. If there was one thing football taught me, it's to 'play the whistle'. No whistle = no stop. He should have done better.

Here's the thing - what's Wenger supposed to do here? Play him after this little outburst? Sets a very bad example for those backup and fringe players who think they're better than they actually are. And really who wants him? Looks like a case of inmates running the asylum

Shame. Probably he is right, Arsenal doen's have the best of goalkeepers in the first team and he probably should be given a chance.

But I think he should be more patience or at least watch his manners (speaking about lack of bravery in the club for not relying him and such kind of things he said).

Szczesny deserves a chqance and atleast deserves to be No. 2 ahead of Fabianski who is error-prone although I feel he should wait for his chance to come as he is not some future Buffon or Cesar

In FM, it would be the first thing I would do as the Arsenal manager - get a world class GK. And it will be one of the easiest things to do. Not so in RL. Puts us "managers" in our place, no?

Almunia hasn't looked so bad this season though, has he? The lad should wait for his chance to come. Look at Hart and Given.

Szczesny deserves a chqance and atleast deserves to be No. 2 ahead of Fabianski who is error-prone although I feel he should wait for his chance to come as he is not some future Buffon or Cesar

Disagree here tbh. Mannone should be number 2, and Szczesny should be sent on loan imo, Wenger said at the start of the season that he would pick three keepers to compete for #1 and send the other on loan, instead he just gave Almunia the jersey, and hasn't really given anyone else a chance, except in pre-season, and now Flapianski in the Carling Cup - who should really be sold at the end of this season, or in January if we bring in a quality keeper (which it looks like we won't)

What I like about Arsene Wenger is he believes in people. Time after time Almunia and Fabianski have been so inconsistent, but he sticks up for them which is so admirable.

What I like about Arsene Wenger is he believes in people. Time after time Almunia and Fabianski have been so inconsistent, but he sticks up for them which is so admirable.

Many people would say its stubbornness.

Many people would say its stubbornness.

Or reluctance to splurge on a good goalkeeper. I suppose you could say he does not like to be proved wrong, and he hopes possibly that Flappy and Almunia will silence their critics.

Admirable, but foolish.

as a brentford fan i watched a lot of szczesny when he was on loan there. and he defianlty going to be a world class keeper. as if his contract will be ending this year then there will a lot of top clubs looking at him.
NO QUESTION...!!!!

Atleast he is confident, and that video makes him look pretty good. If you don't want to play him Wenger, send him to Argyle please.

Should get a run out for Arsenal against Newcastle in the Carling Cup, otherwise Wenger is really a stubborn old man.

Back