Wenger Pole-Axed By Szczesny

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 6K
Its now Mannone's chance to moan

ARSENAL youngster Vito Mannone has fired a dig at fellow keepers Manuel Almunia and Lukasz Fabianski.
The Italy Under-21 international admits he wants to leave Arsenal on loan after failing to secure a starting spot.
Almunia and Fabianski have both been picked ahead of him despite their dips in form and high-profile errors.
Mannone, 22, said: "I don't get regular playing time at Arsenal. I would consider a six-month loan deal just to play.
"Last year I played nine games and with me, Arsenal never lost.
"They brought Almunia back and then Fabianski started in the game at Chelsea last weekend.
"I get annoyed when I don't play, it's not as if the other two do that well.
"But if I've signed a contract extension until 2014 it is because they must value me.
"I am happy in London. I love the Premier League

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ter-dig-at-Arsenal-keepers.html#ixzz11i0w36DV

After hearing something after the Chelsea game that the Arsenal defence speak to each other on the pitch in French if this is true i can understand why the keeper makes errors sometimes if he can't even co-operate with his own defence.

The title is very mis-leading, but he makes a fair point to a certain extent.

that was 100% Koscielnly's fault he dallied on the ball and confused ches

Was both of their fault. Yes Koscielny should have put the ball in row Z but Scezencyy went for the ball and there was no call from him. If anything that defeat in the Carling Cup Final was the main factor in you failing to win anything this season.

Was both of their fault. Yes Koscielny should have put the ball in row Z but Scezencyy went for the ball and there was no call from him. If anything that defeat in the Carling Cup Final was the main factor in you failing to win anything this season.

No, it was Koscielny's fault, you can't retract your leg and look like you're going to boot it out and choose not to. You said for yourself there was no call from Szczesny, so Koscielny has no reason to not put his boot through it.

Lol Andy, as many mistakes as Almunia? Have a laugh.

No, it was Koscielny's fault, you can't retract your leg and look like you're going to boot it out and choose not to. You said for yourself there was no call from Szczesny, so Koscielny has no reason to not put his boot through it.

Lol Andy, as many mistakes as Almunia? Have a laugh.

But if he didnt want the ball why did he go for it?? If Koscielny saw him coming to the ball you cant blame him for having second thoughts. Its poor keeping and poor defending.

But if he didnt want the ball why did he go for it?? If Koscielny saw him coming to the ball you cant blame him for having second thoughts. Its poor keeping and poor defending.

Szczesny moved forward but didn't get close enough to the ball to give Koscielny the impression that he was going to grasp it (Since the defender had already pulled his leg back ready to swipe). It was inexperience from Kos that was responsible, he doubted his choice to smash it away and that was to blame. Don't get me wrong, Szczesny could have launched himself onto it and got a boot to the face or torso, but he shouldn't have had to.

Lol at all the people who feel the need to celebrate every Arsenal 'failure.' If you're a ManU fan, than grow up, you're a bigger club than Arsenal and there's no need to get all giddy every time they don't win a trophy. If you're a Chelsea fan, understand that they aren't backed by a foreign sugar daddy who wanted to create a fantasy football team, something that has ushered in rules to prevent this type of thing from happening in the future. If you're a fan of any other club, than your team is worse than Arsenal, so you shouldn't be talking.

CC final was completely Kos's fault for me. And I agree with CJACKO, that's the reason this season went down the drain for them. Their next two games were at Barca (probably unwinnable) and ManU away (where they still played very well, but lost because ManU matches up very well against Arsenal). So they went out of 3 competitions in one week. It was absolutely terrible timing, and if they took the CC than they could at least stop all of the constant 'no trophy' criticism. But having lost it it really zapped their confidence and has clearly ****** with their heads (why they constantly dropped points), and especially in the way they lost it...it's tough to recover from a loss like that. So for me, Arsenal's problems right now are all psychological. Hopefully they don't carry over to next season.

Szczesny moved forward but didn't get close enough to the ball to give Koscielny the impression that he was going to grasp it (Since the defender had already pulled his leg back ready to swipe). It was inexperience from Kos that was responsible, he doubted his choice to smash it away and that was to blame. Don't get me wrong, Szczesny could have launched himself onto it and got a boot to the face or torso, but he shouldn't have had to.

He shouldnt have but thats all part of being a keeper. And thats inexpirience for you and thats why i still believe Arsenal need a keeper.

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Lol at all the people who feel the need to celebrate every Arsenal 'failure.' If you're a ManU fan, than grow up, you're a bigger club than Arsenal and there's no need to get all giddy every time they don't win a trophy. If you're a Chelsea fan, understand that they aren't backed by a foreign sugar daddy who wanted to create a fantasy football team, something that has ushered in rules to prevent this type of thing from happening in the future. If you're a fan of any other club, than your team is worse than Arsenal, so you shouldn't be talking.

CC final was completely Kos's fault for me. And I agree with CJACKO, that's the reason this season went down the drain for them. Their next two games were at Barca (probably unwinnable) and ManU away (where they still played very well, but lost because ManU matches up very well against Arsenal). So they went out of 3 competitions in one week. It was absolutely terrible timing, and if they took the CC than they could at least stop all of the constant 'no trophy' criticism. But having lost it it really zapped their confidence and has clearly ****** with their heads (why they constantly dropped points), and especially in the way they lost it...it's tough to recover from a loss like that. So for me, Arsenal's problems right now are all psychological. Hopefully they don't carry over to next season.

We arnt celebrating their failiures we are highlighting them.

He shouldnt have but thats all part of being a keeper. And thats inexpirience for you and thats why i still believe Arsenal need a keeper.

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

they need an experienced keeper who can dominate his box and instruct the defenders on what to do. They need someone to organise the defence, whether that be Vermalen (sp), a new CB to pair him with or an experienced keeper. Think it was Mike who pointed out that when Arsenal conceded their goals yesterday from corners there was no one doing any organising in the box. If they had a keeper who could really control his area then that wouldn't be happening

Wasn't referring to you but I'm referring to a lot of people who are celebrating them. But highlighting them is just what I'm talking about too, people love to highlight and discuss Arsenal failures. It seems to be the new favorite past-time. People talk about Arsenal so much it's not even funny. With the amount of criticism they're getting you'd think they were about to get relegated. But they're in 3rd place. They got eliminated by Barca in the CL, by ManU in the FA Cup (away fixture), and were runners up in the CC final (due to a terrible mistake by a CC in the final minutes). Not a bad season. Yet why are they criticized more than any other team in the league? It's absolutely ridiculous. People just won't shut up about them. They did better this season than people predicted at the beginning...

they need an experienced keeper who can dominate his box and instruct the defenders on what to do. They need someone to organise the defence, whether that be Vermalen (sp), a new CB to pair him with or an experienced keeper. Think it was Mike who pointed out that when Arsenal conceded their goals yesterday from corners there was no one doing any organising in the box. If they had a keeper who could really control his area then that wouldn't be happening

They need a talker in the side. I was listening to a podcast last night and Darren Fletcher (the BBC 5live Commentator not Man Utd's Scottish midfieler) said he spoke to a Spurs player after their 3-3 draw with Arsenal the other night and this Spurs player said he has never known a side so quiet on the pitch.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Wasn't referring to you but I'm referring to a lot of people who are celebrating them. But highlighting them is just what I'm talking about too, people love to highlight and discuss Arsenal failures. It seems to be the new favorite past-time. People talk about Arsenal so much it's not even funny. With the amount of criticism they're getting you'd think they were about to get relegated. But they're in 3rd place. They got eliminated by Barca in the CL, by ManU in the FA Cup (away fixture), and were runners up in the CC final (due to a terrible mistake by a CC in the final minutes). Not a bad season. Yet why are they criticized more than any other team in the league? It's absolutely ridiculous. People just won't shut up about them. They did better this season than people predicted at the beginning...

I think they are being slated because of the way Wenger goes about his business mate. At the start of the season Wenger's targets would be to win things not come close again. Its also easy to see where the problems are at Arsenal but Wenger is being a stuborn old man. Like i say for most teams what they have achieved this season would be tollorared but this is Arsenal and 7 years without one single trophy is not good enough.

yeah it was me, and its something that must be rectified. Coyle is no fool, his side will have worked on set pieces to exploit Arsenals percieved weakness, I didnt see any real communication from the arsenal players, and this is something that is very easy to spot

The point is that those psychological problems need fixing. Look at Bolton, they got absolutely hammered by Stoke and picked themselves up and played superbly against Bolton. Hence why the general consensus is that they need a leader/commanding CB/GK.

Back