Wenger still hopes to keep Nasri

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 4K
If Nasri wanted to stay why didnt he accept a contract months ago then?

If this is aimed at me ? I never said he wanted to stay, i said the deal could fall through so he will have to be an Arsenal player until at least January with all the fans on his back.

Now that Cesc left Arsenal wants him to stay even more and will be offering better contract than previous one..? Just a thought.. ;)

If this is aimed at me ? I never said he wanted to stay, i said the deal could fall through so he will have to be an Arsenal player until at least January with all the fans on his back.

No it wasn't ;)

Why aim for top 4? and hope to be lucky to ****** a cup. Arsenal have the manager and the finances top actually improve after this situation and go on a title challenge

mata
CB
possible LB (traore isnt good enough cover)

No need for panic buys and you're right, they could be title challengers this year, I don't want to write them off, but I think give them another year or two and they'll be a great team (if they stay healthy) once their current young crop matures. Of course this is assuming they don't do what Cesc and Nasri did.

Mata is too expensive since they got absolutely ripped off on the Cesc deal and I have a feeling they will too with Nasri (City will see how cheap Cesc was and low-ball them). Since they already went out and bought two wingers I don't see why they shell out a bunch on another one. It would involve benching Gervinho, which would be a waste, or Walcott, which would also be a shame considering how much time they've put into him. Arshavin is a great player and if he recovers he's more than capable as a back-up. They just spent a lot on Oxlade-Chamberlain so they should give him some minutes. And Rosicky should play sometimes too to provide experience, necessary for such a young team. I don't think they have room for another winger.

They won't get a CB either because they'll have to spend too much money to improve on Kosc/Djorou. An LB could help; if I were them I'd look for a really cheap veteran LB. Mainly they need another DM. With Wilshere and Ramsey rotating as the CM they will need another DM because that means either Diaby or Frimpong will be in the starting XI. I don't know if either one is good enough at the moment for that.

No need for panic buys and you're right, they could be title challengers this year, I don't want to write them off, but I think give them another year or two and they'll be a great team (if they stay healthy) once their current young crop matures. Of course this is assuming they don't do what Cesc and Nasri did.

Mata is too expensive since they got absolutely ripped off on the Cesc deal and I have a feeling they will too with Nasri (City will see how cheap Cesc was and low-ball them). Since they already went out and bought two wingers I don't see why they shell out a bunch on another one. It would involve benching Gervinho, which would be a waste, or Walcott, which would also be a shame considering how much time they've put into him. Arshavin is a great player and if he recovers he's more than capable as a back-up. They just spent a lot on Oxlade-Chamberlain so they should give him some minutes. And Rosicky should play sometimes too to provide experience, necessary for such a young team. I don't think they have room for another winger.

They won't get a CB either because they'll have to spend too much money to improve on Kosc/Djorou. An LB could help; if I were them I'd look for a really cheap veteran LB. Mainly they need another DM. With Wilshere and Ramsey rotating as the CM they will need another DM because that means either Diaby or Frimpong will be in the starting XI. I don't know if either one is good enough at the moment for that.

Mata isnt too expensive, they had funds before Fabregas, and now possibly Nasri. They look like they are about to meet Everton's price for Jagielka, which will be fantastic. Get Mata, AOC can still get minutes.

Mata > Nasri anyway. They'd pretty much break even on the deal with the prices being bandied around for both players too. Then they have Cesc money + banked funds for straight up squad improvements.

I saw a weak Arsenal in the match with Newcastle, they had possession and no clear chance to score a goal. Of course it's the first day, but I don't rate Arsenal as doing better than us this season if they don't buy something.
And you'll see, Arsenal's youngsters are too over-rated.

I saw a weak Arsenal in the match with Newcastle, they had possession and no clear chance to score a goal. Of course it's the first day, but I don't rate Arsenal as doing better than us this season if they don't buy something.

Arsenal will always be better than spurs ;)

Apart from the fact they are better than your youngsters, And they still have a better squad than you. Even without improvements they are in better shape than Spurs

Who are you to say that if they don't buy something they can't do better than you? Last time I checked all your strikers are pretty ****.

Honestly as both an Arsenal fan and a fan of Samir Nasri I have to agree with what he said on twitter. Yes people will say he had a good half season last year he doesn't deserve outrages wages and I agree with that. But we already lost Fabregas, if we lose Nasri it will be devastating because we all know Wenger won't rush buy in the last 2 weeks of the transfer window. What Arsenal need to do is sign Nasri to the wages he wants (which I heard was around what Fabregas was earning so it wouldn't be a huge hit on our wage bill anyways now) and sign a good CENTRAL MIDFIELDER, not another winger or even an attacking midfielder. Go out and buy a Bastian Schweinsteiger or a Mario Goetze. From what I've heard about our transfer funds was at the beginning of the window we had about £40m, ok so we spent around £22.5m on Gervinho and AOC and another £2m on Jenkinson we have around £16m left go and buy Gary Cahill with that money and then we also have around £30m of the Fabregas money to spend on a good midfielder.

Honestly as both an Arsenal fan and a fan of Samir Nasri I have to agree with what he said on twitter. Yes people will say he had a good half season last year he doesn't deserve outrages wages and I agree with that. But we already lost Fabregas, if we lose Nasri it will be devastating because we all know Wenger won't rush buy in the last 2 weeks of the transfer window. What Arsenal need to do is sign Nasri to the wages he wants (which I heard was around what Fabregas was earning so it wouldn't be a huge hit on our wage bill anyways now) and sign a good CENTRAL MIDFIELDER, not another winger or even an attacking midfielder. Go out and buy a Bastian Schweinsteiger or a Mario Goetze. From what I've heard about our transfer funds was at the beginning of the window we had about £40m, ok so we spent around £22.5m on Gervinho and AOC and another £2m on Jenkinson we have around £16m left go and buy Gary Cahill with that money and then we also have around £30m of the Fabregas money to spend on a good midfielder.

You can't just buy anyone you want. There is no way in **** Schweinsteiger would go to Arsenal.

Found it absolutely ludicrous when people say Arsenals youngsters are over-rated. That's all I'm going to say on that one-doesn't even warrant a response tbh

what Arsenal need, according to the gospel of Chaz Sexington

There are a few points I think Arsenal need to solve before they can win the League, or just make the top four now that the Scousers and spending their benefits and Man City are spending Arab oil...

Back in the Double-winning season of 97/98, they had this defence and keeper - Lee Dixon, Tony Adams, Steve Bould (Martin Keown), Nigel Winterburn, David Seaman. They shared a few characteristics with a battleship; they were as solid as one, had the same potential for causing broken bones and about as friendly as one. Highbury was scary then - you'd get ready for the game, head out onto the pitch only to have 4 north Londoners eyeing your kneecaps hungrily must've been a pretty scary experience. Dixon and Winterburn weren't your modern attacking wingbacks - no Sir! They were snarling, foam at the mouth rottweilers that tackled with all their body parts, bar their adam's apple. Adams made Vinnie Jones behave himself, and on the bench you had Keown sipping battery acid. That they dominated the airspace better than the RAF in '41 goes without saying. Arsenal need to buy new types of players; they have enough small, light, technically-gifted attacking midfielders. Arsenal need to sign a defender with more years in prison than teeth, and a file for filling his studs may be useful as part of the contract. All sports require a bit of violence; it would at least make golf a lot more interesting.

Which brings us to the keeper problem. Whoever thought covering the keeper's gloves with vaseline must've been an absolute genius, and probably in the pay of Chelsea.

Tactics-wise, Wenger has gone from counter-attacking football to trying to pass the ball to Fabregas as much as possible during an attack. Granted, it may be difficult to play counter-attacking football without a half-competent backline.

This brings us to the next point on the agenda. Physically stronger smaller EPL teams. The tactic when playing these teams away from home is usually to have their midfield destroyed by a pack of angry pumas, concede a goal from a set piece, and then proceed to pass the ball from side to side in the opposition half, while being careful it doesn't go anywhere near a goal.

With the departure of Cesc, what's Wenger's new plan? Who shall they try to pass it to?

I agree 100% about them needing a DM. They need a DM way more than a winger, since they have 5 wingers, or even a CM a defender. Schweinsteiger or someone similar would be absolutely perfect but he'll stay at Bayern for years.

I agree 100% about them needing a DM. They need a DM way more than a winger, since they have 5 wingers, or even a CM a defender. Schweinsteiger or someone similar would be absolutely perfect but he'll stay at Bayern for years.

He said they need a CM, not DM, which I would agree with. Song is good enough.

Back