Wenger still hopes to keep Nasri

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 4K
Arsenal are about to meet Evertons demands for Jagielka. AOC isnt ready he will get cup games and the like. If he doesnt sign anyone the they face a real threat for fourth.

The Mata deal is unknown for one thing, only paper calling it off is the Daily Mail, hardly reputable, and like SAF Wenger plays loose with the truth when he needs to. He is also watch Jadson and Costa. Pretty much every Gunner, and reptuable source expects 2 more signings if Wenger has his way

Yeaah they probably should sign one more attacking player so that OAC doesn't have to play too much. Then maybe next season when Arshavin leaves he can take on a bigger role. Obviously Mata would be great but it's unlike Wenger to spend so much on a bench player (if they bring in someone like Mata Gervinho wouldn't be starting XI).

As far as Jagielka goes I think it's a horrible move. Is he that much better than Kosc or Djourou? Why spend 15-20 million on a 28 year old when you already have 4 players at that position, three of whom you've spent big transfer fees on in the past 2 seasons? Footballistically it might be a good decision and help them out a bit but financially speaking it's a bad move.

Looking forward to Saturday. Arsenal played Saturday, play tomorrow, and have a match next tuesday as well as Liverpool this saturday. Fabregas sold, Gervinho suspended, Song probably suspended, Eboue (:D) nearly left, bit of hate towards Wenger, oddly. Totally backing Suarez and Carroll against your back four. What're your lot's thoughts on it?

Yeaah they probably should sign one more attacking player so that OAC doesn't have to play too much. Then maybe next season when Arshavin leaves he can take on a bigger role. Obviously Mata would be great but it's unlike Wenger to spend so much on a bench player (if they bring in someone like Mata Gervinho wouldn't be starting XI).

As far as Jagielka goes I think it's a horrible move. Is he that much better than Kosc or Djourou? Why spend 15-20 million on a 28 year old when you already have 4 players at that position, three of whom you've spent big transfer fees on in the past 2 seasons? Footballistically it might be a good decision and help them out a bit but financially speaking it's a bad move.

You cant keep thinking finances, in some ways thats partly why they are here. Jagielka embodies everything they are often missing at the back. Quick, aggressive, commanding, great in the air, and on the ground, comfortable passing and moving with the ball, experienced, and knows the Premiership inside out. That is not a player who comes cheap

He is considerabley better, but also they are paying more than they would like because he is a player everton would desperately like to keep.

If they bought Mata,Gervinho would start on the right, and given the number of games they would all get lots of games.

Last edited:
Our defence were solid v Newcastle and we play tuesday saturday wednesday not tuesday saturday tuesday

Still pretty crampt schedule.
Vs Newcastle, Ameobi and Ba aren't the best or biggest of strikers though. Carroll scored the winner for Newcastle at the Emirates last year, and there's been no specific improvement as of yet, and Suarez; well Suarez ran the champions United's defence ragged.

Yes and we also kept Carroll quiet last year when he faced Arsenal with Liverpool, same with Suarez. Also Demba Ba played excellent last year at West Ham and is great with headers.

Still pretty crampt schedule.
Vs Newcastle, Ameobi and Ba aren't the best or biggest of strikers though. Carroll scored the winner for Newcastle at the Emirates last year, and there's been no specific improvement as of yet, and Suarez; well Suarez ran the champions United's defence ragged.

Was a champions United's defence without Ferdinand and Vidic* ;)

Thought I'd put this up for Arsenal fans to read-Wengers wish list

Arsene Wenger's wishlist: Phil Jagielka, Gary Cahill and more... | Mail Online

And I've been browsing Arsenal forums, and frankly, I'm staggered by how many fans are dismissive of Jagielka. They don't want a quality, experienced, mature, consistent, strong, aggressive England international fine. They can shove it up their backsides. Their loss is our gain. However, I also noticed a rather dismissive attitude of him from Everton fans too on independent forums, saying he's great at going backwards rather than forwards?! Wth?! There's quite obviously some people out there who are quite obviously blinkered when it comes to recognising quality players.
Anwyay, looks like he probably won't be going to the Emirates now as Wenger is now cooling on the idea of meeting Evertons valuation of the player.

Rant over.

(Btw this wasn't aimed at Arsenal fans on this thread)

Last edited:
^ Loving the idea that going forwards is far more important than defensive solidity for a, uh, defender. ;)

^ Loving the idea that going forwards is far more important than defensive solidity for a, uh, defender. ;)

I know. I thought I was seeing things when I was reading it. What do they want, Saha as a CB or something? I sincerely hope they were just doing a bad job at trolling

Back