Wenger - The January window is not fair

Meemo

Reaction score
By Giuseppe Muro

Arsène Wenger believes the January transfer window should be abolished because it creates unfairness in the Premier League.

The Arsenal manager is a long-standing critic of the window and looked on as record-breaking sums were spent on the likes of Fernando Torres, Luis Suarez, David Luiz and Andy Carroll on deadline day.

Wenger believes the movement of players can create an unlevel playing field in the top flight. Indeed, Arsenal may benefit from that this year with Manchester United set for two games against a much-strengthened Chelsea side. Either way, the Frenchman wants the system changed.

“I am against the transfer period in the middle of the season because I feel it is unfair,” said Wenger. “I don’t find it right.

“If you look at it, some teams have already played some teams twice and others not at all. You can question the fairness of the league and the way the fixtures are organised considering that you have a real transfer market opening in January.”

Source:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-the-january-window-is-not-fair

=======

He has some valid points. Just wanna share this article I found through Twitter (H)

the little baby wenger finds it unfair, shame, poor baby, go cry to your directors and owners... man up man! all you do is frikkin whinge about everything, god, Imagine his wife...

he is always critical of anything that happens in football except his own team

I dont think ive seen an interview where he isnt winging about tackles of transfers

to be honest he has a point, the transfer window is a joke that just hugely inflates prices

The January transfer window is disruptive, but in terms of playing freshly strengthened teams, it probably balances out with the weakened teams you will also have to play (for example Arsenal's next match; against Newcastle).

cry me a river.

it wouldn't be so unfair if he actually opened his cheque book and make some signings for a change.

Ive no problem with the window, if Wenger thinks it's disruptive to teams then he could argue that the whole transfer system should be abolished as the teams get new players and never stay the same.

The league finds out who is the best team, and the phrase "best team" encompass allot more than the starting XI on the pitch.

As Cal. said, I'm sure Arsene is really unhappy that he has play Newcastle without their best player who has just been sold...

Stupid French mug.

I agree with the inflated prices argument, that is absolutely true, but it is totally up to the teams to commit to the prices that they pay for players.

If he doesn't benefit from it, he will moan, this is the way of Arsene Wenger.

I personally choose not to listen to him because he is absolutely full of it!!

Wenger the little *****! y does he complain so much? mtschew! pfft! smh! (mooning). lol.. now fabregas has taken over too!

he has a point where players are overpayed for!!!
andy carroll has been having a good season, but he's still not worth 41million€
the January transfer window creates desperation in teams to try and win, and it usually means that they pay lots of money for players!!
i think Wenger has the right idea about buying and selling players!! training players from youth is a better way of handling a team!!
A spending limit should be brought in for teams!! especially teams who have just been taken over by billionares!!!

“If you look at it, some teams have already played some teams twice and others not at all. You can question the fairness of the league and the way the fixtures are organised considering that you have a real transfer market opening in January.”

So his point is that some teams have already played the clubs who have strengthend twice so it's unfair that the teams who play them after January face a tougher test?

I'm sorry Mr Wenger but who is to say that these players will even settle and these clubs will not be weeker due to it?

As we've currently got M'sieur Gerard "Master of the January Transfer Window" Houllier managing us, I have to disagree with Wenger.

Why can't more of you be like Mike (Man Utd fan) and GodCubed and actually try to reasonably interpret and analyze all these news stories. Every Wenger story or piece of news the only thing I see around here is the man is a whinger and the man is this and that.

I'm sorry Mr Wenger but who is to say that these players will even settle and these clubs will not be weeker due to it?

Yeah...i think our game is a bit messy now with Dzeko. Our defending has been weaker now when we play 2 strikers...with Tevez having more of a free role. But still...it's not working atm. And Dzeko haven't really settled in yet.

Idk if you agree with me blakefish.

Last edited: