Calum

Reaction score
Barclays Premier League
19th March 2011
The Hawthorns
200px-West_Bromwich_Albion.svg.png
200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

West Brom Team News

West Brom will be without in-form striker Carlos Vela as he is ineligible to play against his parent club. Graham Dorrans is out with an ankle injury, with fellow midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu doubtful with a tight calf.
Doubtful: Mulumbu (calf)
Injured/unavailable: Dorrans (ankle),
Vela (ineligible under rules of loan)

Arsenal Team News
Arsenal have Nicklas Bendtner back in their squad after illness, with the re-signed Jens Lehmann also included.
Cesc Fabregas heads a long list of absentees that include Johan Djourou, Abou Diaby, Thomas Vermaelen, Wojciech Szczesny, Theo Walcott and Alex Song.
Injured: Djourou & Fabianski (both shoulder), Fabregas (hamstring), Mannone (thigh), Frimpong & Song (both knee), Szczesny (finger), Walcott (ankle), Vermaelen (Achilles) :O

West Brom - Arsenal Head to Head Facts
West Brom are looking to complete a first ever Premier League double over the Gunners. They have not beaten Arsenal both home and away since the 1961/62 season.
• Arsenal have won six of the last nine top-flight meetings.
• Thirty-one goals have been scored between the sides in the Premier League era - an average of 3.4 goals per game.

Manager Facts
  • Roy Hodgson has won only one of his last eight games as a manager against Arsenal. That was a 1-0 home win for Fulham in August 2008. His Liverpool side drew 1-1 with the Gunners at Anfield in the opening game of this season.
  • Arsene Wenger's side have not lost a league game in the month of March since a 2-1 defeat at Chelsea in 2008 (W7, D2).
Predictions?

I hope its 2-1 Arsenal :)

Arsenal should win or though i would love to see wba win it just cant see it so i think the score be 3.1 arsenal

Hope WBA gets something from this game. They won against Arsenal at Emirates isn't it.. Hope WBA gets the 3 points once again.

West Brom will be nothing without Vela although i do worry for our very vunrable defence atm i guess squilacci will take djourous place??

For some reason I have a bad feeling about the match, though I assume that's just a natural development being an Arsenal fan.

i am the first one ot say....

DRAW!!

but i hope brom win

Cant see Arsenal failing here. 2-0 win for them unfortunatly.

For some reason I have a bad feeling about the match, though I assume that's just a natural development being an Arsenal fan.

I've not really looked forward to a West Brom meeting since we got done 2-1 up there a few years back.

Sincerely hoping for a win that will put us in an excellent place.

Injured: Djourou & Fabianski (both shoulder), Fabregas (hamstring), Mannone (thigh), Frimpong & Song (both knee), Szczesny (finger), Walcott (ankle), Vermaelen (Achilles) :O
You forgot Diaby in our very, very, very long list :S

Don't care how much we win by, just win. 90th minute winner for all I care.

Heard Ramsey is starting this match. I wish him all the best.

And also hope WBA nick some points here.

Heard Ramsey is starting this match. I wish him all the best.

And also hope WBA nick some points here.

Hope so as
Ramsey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Denilson

I really appeciate both teams for their style of football. Arsenal have struggled recently and have dropped out of three competitions plus they are plagued by injuries. West Brom are starting to find form.

Arsenal will be
A) Suffering from a lack of confidence from their recent defeats
B) Determined to win as they are now fully focused on the Premier League

In the event of A) I can see a win for West Bromwich Albion or a draw, if Arsenal play like they can then it wouldn't be suprising to see a heavy win for Arsenal.

It's hard because I'd really like West Brom to survive but Arsenal are my favorites to win the title. Both teams need the points...

I personally am going to say either a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.

ARSENAL TEAM
Almunia
Sagna Koscielny Squillaci Clichy
Wilshere Denilson Ramsey
Nasri Van Persie Arshavin

Subs

Lehmann, Rosicky, Eboue, Gibbs, Chamakh, Miquel, Bendtner

West Brom will be nothing without Vela although i do worry for our very vunrable defence atm i guess squilacci will take djourous place??

This isn't fair, Vela didn't play against Birmingham when West Bromwich Albion smashed them 3-1 or the last time they played and beat Arsenal. Vela has scored two (I think) league goals and although they were both important they were in games which the Baggies had seen the best posession and chances for them before him coming on. WBA have scored plenty of goals and are a good attacking force, their issue is with defense although it has solidified somewhat in recent games.

This should be a high scoring game.

To clarify, Mulumbu is fit (probably WBA's most influential and important player) and Somen Tchoyi (erratic, ridiculous player capable of the sublime and the extraordinary) is replacing Graham Dorrans, I believe.

ARSENAL TEAM
Almunia
Sagna Koscielny Squillaci Clichy
Wilshere Denilson Ramsey
Nasri Van Persie Arshavin

Subs

Lehmann, Rosicky, Eboue, Gibbs, Chamakh, Miquel, Bendtner

Dream wonderkid team. Excellent. Still can't forget how we lost Ramsey.:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back