West Ham v Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 272
  • Views Views 11K
Not at all. Just that that particular decision was wrong, I feel (regardless of whether it changed the game) & WHU capitulated in an Arsenal-esque fashion..

Obviously Utd's second half performance was outstanding (4 goals in 30 mins usually says something!) and they clearly deserved it, but WH threw away a lead in a terrific position (Giggs at LB, 2-0 up, Vidic on a yellow with Demba Ba getting in behind him etc etc.)

west ham capitulated after the first goal, comeback had very little do with the ref

tbf you cant really say since you didnt watch the game, we created some very good chances first half, and second half we were a different animal, and west ham couldnt cope

Fair enough, then. I'll shut up now =P

west ham capitulated after the first goal, comeback had very little do with the ref

I know. That's what I'm trying to say - that regardless of refereeing decisions, Utd did very well & West Ham capitulated. Just pointing out that the penalty decision was wrong and even included the bit in brackets!

Really? As I said, I haven't watched the game but generally when you're losing 2-0 and could have had a man sent off that suggests your not playing particularly well... Utd do it all the time though and you'd be expected to have the majority of possession against WH. (not arguing, just saying)

joss... for one we tend to struggle at Upton Park, 6 wins in 17 there, and again you havent watched the game so yu are makig assumptions, which to be fair are fairly off the mark, first half play was fairly even, marked by two incidents, second half was almost all us

Would people agree that the best way to get at least a point against Man Utd is to score 4 goals? lol. No matter how big the lead, they always, ALWAYS come back to bite ya in the backside

argh cant see easily when people have already replied. ignore my last joss,

Well that was frustrating. We didn't deserve to be 2 up at half time, no way but we was so we'd take that. How vidic wasn't sent off was beyond me, he gave away a penalty, and was last man when he brought Ba to the floor. For BOTH of our penalties, there was NO yellow card which is a joke. Fell apart in the second half, we didn't know how to deal with Hernandez, and we paid the price. Ball wasn't sticking up top, just so frustrating!

We were giving abuse to Rooney all game as we always do, and to be fair to him he shut us up with that hat trick, and a fist pump towards all of us did that. But what he did after the game is a disgrace, what an absolute ****. The FA need to come down hard, he should be banned for the rest of the campaign, the elbow on McCarthy should be taken into consideration and this, an absolute disgrace.

'Your a ****, your wifes a slag'

Would people agree that the best way to get a point at least is to score 4 goals? lol

lol probably, this season has been so up and down. never know what to expect anymore

joss... for one we tend to struggle at Upton Park, 6 wins in 17 there, and again you havent watched the game so yu are makig assumptions, which to be fair are fairly off the mark, first half play was fairly even, marked by two incidents, second half was almost all us

Why is everyone being so defensive? I've said so many times I'm not trying to argue and I've accepted that since I didn't watch the game, I can't really comment. I made assumptions on you being 2-0 down - I think it's a fairly safe assumption to make usually, wouldn't you?

EDIT: OK Mike.

Really? As I said, I haven't watched the game but generally when you're losing 2-0 and could have had a man sent off that suggests your not playing particularly well... Utd do it all the time though and you'd be expected to have the majority of possession against WH. (not arguing, just saying)

Yeah it usually does look bad. But one penalty was Evra's ridiculous hand ball, I didn't see the 2nd penalty but can't say. And the incident with Vidic later was through him missing the header. Basically all individual error rather than the team playing poorly. Valencia in particular was having a lot of joy down the right, needed someone to attack them more. Says a lot about how threatened we felt when Hernandez comes on for Evra.

EDIT: Also, not arguing with you Joss. :)

Well that was frustrating. We didn't deserve to be 2 up at half time, no way but we was so we'd take that. How vidic wasn't sent off was beyond me, he gave away a penalty, and was last man when he brought Ba to the floor. For BOTH of our penalties, there was NO yellow card which is a joke. Fell apart in the second half, we didn't know how to deal with Hernandez, and we paid the price. Ball wasn't sticking up top, just so frustrating!

We were giving abuse to Rooney all game as we always do, and to be fair to him he shut us up with that hat trick, and a fist pump towards all of us did that. But what he did after the game is a disgrace, what an absolute ****. The FA need to come down hard, he should be banned for the rest of the campaign, the elbow on McCarthy should be taken into consideration and this, an absolute disgrace.

lol overreaction much? elbow has NOTHING to do with anything

Ignoring the second part of your post - the important thing about whether it's a red card or not, is whether he's denied a clear goal-scoring opportunity, not whether he's the last man.

Yeah it usually does look bad. But one penalty was Evra's ridiculous hand ball, I didn't see the 2nd penalty but can't say. And the incident with Vidic later was through him missing the header. Basically all individual error rather than the team playing poorly. Valencia in particular was having a lot of joy down the right, needed someone to attack them more. Says a lot about how threatened we felt when Hernandez comes on for Evra.

EDIT: Also, not arguing with you Joss. :)

Apparently (Twitter at it again) Evra substitution wasn't tactical, but because he had a knock? Unconfirmed but someone said Sky said so..

Ignoring the second part of your post - the important thing about whether it's a red card or not, is whether he's denied a clear goal-scoring opportunity, not whether he's the last man.

exactly, wasnt a clear opportunity as PIG probably would have got there first, though ive seen them go in some cases, its one of those decisions

Last edited:
Hold on, what did Rooney do after the game? I went straight upstairs after it finished.

Apparently (Twitter at it again) Evra substitution wasn't tactical, but because he had a knock? Unconfirmed but someone said Sky said so..

Ahh wouldn't know, missed the first 10 mins of the half getting lunch. Bit still, there was no threat from West Ham for basically the whole 2nd half

Ahh wouldn't know, missed the first 10 mins of the half getting lunch. Bit still, there was no threat from West Ham for basically the whole 2nd half

They had 1 shot OT aside from 2 pens.

Oh dear you do not know football mate, tell me this.. if ANY penalty is given, surely and in most cases at least a yellow card is given? So one yellow card for the penalty, and one for the tug on Ba (last man) = a red surely? Stop asslicking Mike as he just mugged you off in previous posts.

Back