West Ham v Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 272
  • Views Views 11K
Lee Mason trending on twitter. Really? 2 penalties against us and he's won the game for us? Unless we've suddenly gained Almunia in goal who would have missed the oncoming ball, it was bouncing high and towards PIG, thus not a clear scoring opportunity. We scored 4 too, dominated the match and the goal he "gave us" we still would have had one in hand.

Ridiculous.

Lee Mason trending on twitter. Really? 2 penalties against us and he's won the game for us? Unless we've suddenly gained Almunia in goal who would have missed the oncoming ball, it was bouncing high and towards PIG, thus not a clear scoring opportunity. We scored 4 too, dominated the match and the goal he "gave us" we still would have had one in hand.

Ridiculous.

Woah - I didn't watch the match but:

a) Why does Lee Mason trending on twitter mean everyone is saying he changed the game/gifted Utd the win?
b) Mason gave 2/3 controversial calls - Vidic YC, Second WHU pen, and Utd pen. Whether you think they were right or wrong, they were controversial..

a) Why does Lee Mason trending on twitter mean everyone is saying he changed the game/gifted Utd the win?
b) Mason gave 2/3 controversial calls - Vidic YC, Second WHU pen, and Utd pen. Whether you think they were right or wrong, they were controversial..

so what if they are controversial, what matters is if they can be given within the rules of the game. cant say for the united pen as i missed it, but the answer is yes for the other two

so what if they are controversial, what matters is if they can be given within the rules of the game. cant say for the united pen as i missed it, but the answer is yes for the other two

I'm not saying they're controversial because they're wrong. As I said, I didn't see the game, but by the sound of things there were some close calls which people are bound to debate and give their view on and thus Lee Mason is trending.. Just saying that Joel's post was overreacting a little bit.

Because that is what all the tweets are.

I didn't say I didn't think they were controversial. I was saying he hasn't won us the game because he's Fergie's ***** like so many people seem to think. Not directed at anyone on here, just a general thought on what people seem to be saying/thinking.

Because that is what all the tweets are.

I didn't say I didn't think they were controversial. I was saying he hasn't won us the game because he's Fergie's ***** like so many people seem to think. Not directed at anyone on here, just a general thought on what people seem to be saying/thinking.

Fair enough - seemed like you were overreacting but just seen some of the tweets haha

This is why i hate twitter, load of *****, just a giant rumour/gossip mill

Just seen the Utd pen - No way the right decision.. hits Upson's arm but nothing he can do about it (hands behind back and all)..

Feel for WH, and annoyed Utd got all 3 points again when they've played so badly for half of the game but from what I've heard, they've only got themselves to blame.

Just seen the Utd pen - No way the right decision.. hits Upson's arm but nothing he can do about it (hands behind back and all)..

Feel for WH, and annoyed Utd got all 3 points again when they've played so badly for half of the game but from what I've heard, they've only got themselves to blame.

You talk like we got back into the game through luck, it was anything but second half, deserved it

We haven't been bad in first half at all!!!

You were losing 2-0? I think that says something about your first half performance.. It's happened numerous times this season - Utd play badly, but have the belief and character (and often some luck) to win or grab points in the second half or late on. I don't think I need to look for examples, do I? Everyone does it sometimes, but Utd seem to be able to do it whenever they're in trouble.

Also, as I said before, they usually win rather than just draw from losing positions.

:(

Man Utd just dont know when they are beaten

Haha

You were losing 2-0? I think that says something about your first half performance.. It's happened numerous times this season - Utd play badly, but have the belief and character (and often some luck) to win or grab points in the second half or late on. I don't think I need to look for examples, do I? Everyone does it sometimes, but Utd seem to be able to do it whenever they're in trouble.

Also, as I said before, they usually win rather than just draw from losing positions.

Haha

To be fair, apart from the two penalties and our defensive frailty, we were still having all the play and playing some good stuff. Deceiving scoreline from the first half IMO.

You talk like we got back into the game through luck, it was anything but second half, deserved it

Not at all. Just that that particular decision was wrong, I feel (regardless of whether it changed the game) & WHU capitulated in an Arsenal-esque fashion..

Obviously Utd's second half performance was outstanding (4 goals in 30 mins usually says something!) and they clearly deserved it, but WH threw away a lead in a terrific position (Giggs at LB, 2-0 up, Vidic on a yellow with Demba Ba getting in behind him etc etc.)

Man Utd didn't really play badly in the First Half within 29mins we had 9 corners we were actually dominating then from a corner West Ham broke and Evra gave away a penalty for handball. We didn't actually play badly as some people are making out.

Haha

Joss, you said you haven't watched the game still you are commenting on first half performance. Scoreline wont tell whole story.

Haha

tbf you cant really say since you didnt watch the game, we created some very good chances first half, and second half we were a different animal, and west ham couldnt cope

To be fair, apart from the two penalties and our defensive frailty, we were still having all the play and playing some good stuff. Deceiving scoreline from the first half IMO.

Really? As I said, I haven't watched the game but generally when you're losing 2-0 and could have had a man sent off that suggests your not playing particularly well... Utd do it all the time though and you'd be expected to have the majority of possession against WH. (not arguing, just saying)

Back