West Ham vs Manchester United - Carling Cup Quarter Finals

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 292
  • Views Views 7K
I agree 100% if it doesn't spur us on in the league, but if we were to win the cup were in Europe.. A club like us at the moment needs money, so I don't blame Avram for wanting to go all out to win it, even though we won't, when does Avram win finals?!

Still, wanting Ipswich next round, then to stuff Arsenal's kids in the final, cant be bad!

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

I was being sarcastic pal, we got a lot to do in the league, yeah granted. But we ruined you last night, and with that now behind us and in the tank, anything is possible up at Sunderland on Sunday.
right the money you get for europe is utter peanuts to the money you will lose going down. Assuming you even get there

West Ham just wait it will be back to the classroom at the weekend when you get taught.

Yeah good argument, but we feel as though were good enough to stay up, oh well all to wait and see.

Read over what I first said. I said we destroyed your unbeaten run, not season..
And, first cup semi final in 21 years? Really? What about when we got to the Fa cup semi? First carling cup semi yeah, but be more specific. And your reserves are pants, Smalling is going to be money wasted, just like Bebe.

You said you destroyed our unbeaten run. BUT you then said "no trophy this season" which implicates you think we're not going to win a trophy because of one bad result.

You said you destroyed our unbeaten run. BUT you then said "no trophy this season" which implicates you think we're not going to win a trophy because of one bad result.

Because of one bad result? You've been so so lucky this year, alright coming back from behind late one is a sign of a good team, but you've done it luckily and even admitted yourself that your not playing too well. As much as I'm slagging you off now, I do still want you or Arsenal to win the league, as i can't stand Chelsea winning it again..

And for that scouser who piped up, you got taught a lesson by Blackpool at home mate so you can bore off haha!

Hahahaa, can we play you every week? Really?
And was you there last night? Big United following were you there?
Rock bottom but who cares, we can laugh about it, with Specs in our midfield and we beat you, surely that means we can beat anybody?
Yes i was there unfortunately...

And no just because you can beat a weakend Man Utd side on a snowy november evening doesnt mean you cant beat anyone.

Surely if the word 'crisis' was used, then someone would have linked it to show it? Until someone actually finds an instance where the word was used, we have to assume he didn't say it.

Also, in my opinion reserves are players who actually play in reserve games. Substitutes are part of the first team.

he did say it, i have tried looking through older threads in "The Rest" section of the football forum, but they havent got really old thread on there.

What was said he implied there was a crisis, and someone said, either me, Mike. or someone else said, would ylu say united are in crisis and he said Yes. so why he is correct in saying he never used the word crisis, when the question was brought to him, He agreed with it.

That was the past way of doing things, now you have a back-up squad/selection of players, who are too good for the reserve league but not good enough for the first team. AKA the players who played last night.

Because of one bad result? You've been so so lucky this year, alright coming back from behind late one is a sign of a good team, but you've done it luckily and even admitted yourself that your not playing too well. As much as I'm slagging you off now, I do still want you or Arsenal to win the league, as i can't stand Chelsea winning it again..

And for that scouser who piped up, you got taught a lesson by Blackpool at home mate so you can bore off haha!

It is one bad result. It's our first defeat since April. First defeat in 30 matches in all competitions. So yeah, ONE bad result. We haven't been playing well, yet we're top of the league by 2 points and haven't even conceded a goal in the Champions League and we're in December. I'd say for a team not playing well that's a pretty good season so far. Especially as history proves we always get better later in the season.

some fans are just thick. Its the carling cup which is probably like the champions league for west ham. One west ham fan stopped supporting them at the start of the season because they were losing and now supports them again because of this and he calls me a glory hunter oO). One question, would you rather be top of the premiership and through to the second round of the champions league or bottom of the prem and in the semis on the carling cup?

****** **** the game finshed hours and hours ago

close the thread

It's a debate Calum. About the match. It's not going off topic. There's no need to close the thread.

i didnt say it was offtopic

its just annoying a old game keeps appearing in recent threads (A)

Then you'll hate this Calum...

United were pants, West Ham were good. Let's hope it continues for the rest of the season but I can't see it happening.

Back