West Ham vs Manchester United - Carling Cup Quarter Finals

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 292
  • Views Views 7K
You used the word crisis. We all saw it. Stop denying the fact.

Anyway, I agree with both Scott and Joss. This side was reserves IMO, but it was definitely strong enough to beat the WHU side last night. The whole team played poorly, rather than normally when one person will play badly but the team will pull him through and get the result.

No excuses, was just a poor performance. I don't think it will effect the rest of our season as most of them won't play in a big game against the likes of Chelsea etc, so the mentality of "we lost the last game" won't be there because the last game a lot of them would have played would have been the 7-1 win vs Blackburn. Blackpool away is the next game, so hopefully we can bounce back with a big win, but they will come at us without a doubt. Will be an entertaining game hopefully.

Nope no one saw it and there is no proof that i used the word "crisis". So ******* drop it.

And stop saying it was your reserves, you have a first team SQUAD all these players have had PremierLeague and even Champions League expeirience absolutely no excuses what so ever.

Kind of already stated that there were no excuses. It was not our strongest XI. By no way. Only Fletcher would get in our team from that team. That's what I mean by reserves.

Everyone saw you say it. Hence why people are bringing it up.

Kind of already stated that there were no excuses. It was not our strongest XI. By no way. Only Fletcher would get in our team from that team. That's what I mean by reserves.

Everyone saw you say it. Hence why people are bringing it up.

No everyone is bringing up what they wanted me to say not what i actually said, along the lines of taking it out of context. and its the way you said "i agree it was our reserves" its an excuse simple as that.

No everyone is bringing up what they wanted me to say not what i actually said, along the lines of taking it out of context. and its the way you said "i agree it was our reserves" its an excuse simple as that.

Well was it our strongest team? No, therefore it was a bunch of substitutes, otherwise known as reserves. If you don't want people taking things out of context, you shouldn't so it yourself as I also stated in my comment, that the team we put out should have won last night but performed poorly.

CJACKO never actually brought up the word 'Crisis' in his posts about United. It was mentioned as an interpretation of what he meant, by one of the United supporters. Possibly madsheep2001, I'm not really sure.

Also, substitutes aren't reserves. Reserves are reserves.

CJACKO never actually brought up the word 'Crisis' in his posts about United. It was mentioned as an interpretation of what he meant, by one of the United supporters. Possibly madsheep2001, I'm not really sure.

Also, substitutes aren't reserves. Reserves are reserves.

A reserve to me, is someone who is second choice. They are reserves to the First XI. You may not interpret the word reserve like that, but I do. Fair enough you don't agree with me, but it was nowhere near our strongest team, therefore it was a team of reserves. He used the word crisis Billy, which is why it caused such a commotion.

A reserve to me, is someone who is second choice. They are reserves to the First XI. You may not interpret the word reserve like that, but I do. Fair enough you don't agree with me, but it was nowhere near our strongest team, therefore it was a team of reserves. He used the word crisis Billy, which is why it caused such a commotion.

So people in the bench are reserves mate ?

If i had said the word "crisis" im sure someone would have found a link and posted it to me or on another thread by now as this has been running for weeks now, and no dout people have tried finding it as i know what they are like on here. Trust me not once did i say Man Utd are in a crisis. And players on your bench arn't reserves no way, Bebe he is a reserve because he plays for the reserves more than utd first team the same goes for Macheda. O'shea, Giggs, Hernandez etc etc etc ar not reserves and even old man red chops would agree with that.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

That is genuinly amazing. Just how??? I bet he couldn't do it again if he tried a million times.

If i had said the word "crisis" im sure someone would have found a link and posted it to me or on another thread by now as this has been running for weeks now, and no dout people have tried finding it as i know what they are like on here. Trust me not once did i say Man Utd are in a crisis. And players on your bench arn't reserves no way, Bebe he is a reserve because he plays for the reserves more than utd first team the same goes for Macheda. O'shea, Giggs, Hernandez etc etc etc ar not reserves and even old man red chops would agree with that.

Like I said already, TO ME they are reserves because they wouldn't get into the first team. It's how I perceive a reserve. You don't have to agree, but that's how I was taught a reserve was when I was playing football on a Sunday League etc..

He used the word crisis Billy, which is why it caused such a commotion.

Surely if the word 'crisis' was used, then someone would have linked it to show it? Until someone actually finds an instance where the word was used, we have to assume he didn't say it.

Also, in my opinion reserves are players who actually play in reserve games. Substitutes are part of the first team.

Hahahaha just read this whole thread.. top banter starting from 'Chin Up Avram' what you saying now Jake? We didn't just end United's unbeaten run, we destroyed it and it should've been more. People saying we beat United's 'reserves'.. well well well..

Only players who consistently start from our side last night, were Green, Obinna, Barrera (of late), Tomkins and Upson. 5 players. Fletcher from United 1 player, Hernandez possibly two. I know most United fans aren't bothered about this loss, but I would be for the future, your reserves are absolute pony. Also, shows how just being United you get the decisions, dunno how the linno saw that spector touched the ball on Obinna's shot.. but thats another mater. Ending this post with 'Chin up Fergie, no trophy this season'.

Hahahaha just read this whole thread.. top banter starting from 'Chin Up Avram' what you saying now Jake? We didn't just end United's unbeaten run, we destroyed it and it should've been more. People saying we beat United's 'reserves'.. well well well..

Only players who consistently start from our side last night, were Green, Obinna, Barrera (of late), Tomkins and Upson. 5 players. Fletcher from United 1 player, Hernandez possibly two. I know most United fans aren't bothered about this loss, but I would be for the future, your reserves are absolute pony. Also, shows how just being United you get the decisions, dunno how the linno saw that spector touched the ball on Obinna's shot.. but thats another mater. Ending this post with 'Chin up Fergie, no trophy this season'.
mate, worry about about yourself, you're still rock bottom...

as for the refs decision its spot on go back and read the thread as to why he and his assistant got it right

enjoy your survival fight...

Firstly, it was quite clear the Spector had touched the ball from Obinna's shot. I knew it had hit him, I just didn't know it was offside. Great decision from the linesman and had no end effect on the result.
Secondly, one result doesn't make our reserves pants. It was a bad day at the office. When Newcastle beat Sunderland 5-1, it didn't make them a pants side as they went on to beat Arsenal at the Emirates and get a draw off Chelsea at St James' Park. One result doesn't define the future of a club. It was just a bad day at the office.
Finally, to say 'Chin up Fergie, no trophy this season' is obsurd considering we are top of the league by 2 points, in the knockout stages of the Champions League and the FA Cup hasn't even started yet is ridiculous. Even more so as you're currently sitting bottom of the Premier League and are in your first Cup Sem-Final in 21 years.

You deserved the win, but to say this is going to destroy our whole season is ridiculous considering the position we are in at the moment having not really played our best football at any point this season (except maybe against Blackburn at the weekend).

mate, worry about about yourself, you're still rock bottom...

as for the refs decision its spot on go back and read the thread as to why he and his assistant got it right

enjoy your survival fight...

Hahahaa, can we play you every week? Really?
And was you there last night? Big United following were you there?
Rock bottom but who cares, we can laugh about it, with Specs in our midfield and we beat you, surely that means we can beat anybody?

I like west ham but this victory will be meaningless if they dont use it to spur themselves on in the league.

Firstly, it was quite clear the Spector had touched the ball from Obinna's shot. I knew it had hit him, I just didn't know it was offside. Great decision from the linesman and had no end effect on the result.
Secondly, one result doesn't make our reserves pants. It was a bad day at the office. When Newcastle beat Sunderland 5-1, it didn't make them a pants side as they went on to beat Arsenal at the Emirates and get a draw off Chelsea at St James' Park. One result doesn't define the future of a club. It was just a bad day at the office.
Finally, to say 'Chin up Fergie, no trophy this season' is obsurd considering we are top of the league by 2 points, in the knockout stages of the Champions League and the FA Cup hasn't even started yet is ridiculous. Even more so as you're currently sitting bottom of the Premier League and are in your first Cup Sem-Final in 21 years.

You deserved the win, but to say this is going to destroy our whole season is ridiculous considering the position we are in at the moment having not really played our best football at any point this season (except maybe against Blackburn at the weekend).

Read over what I first said. I said we destroyed your unbeaten run, not season..
And, first cup semi final in 21 years? Really? What about when we got to the Fa cup semi? First carling cup semi yeah, but be more specific. And your reserves are pants, Smalling is going to be money wasted, just like Bebe.

Hahahaa, can we play you every week? Really?
And was you there last night? Big United following were you there?
Rock bottom but who cares, we can laugh about it, with Specs in our midfield and we beat you, surely that means we can beat anybody?
no it doesnt. burnley beat us last season..... they got relegated. This seems to be the attitude of some (but certainly not all) hammers fans. Football doesnt work like it. beating does not mean you will suddenly not go down. if your players are thinking like that, no wonder you're sitting at the foot of the table

I agree 100% if it doesn't spur us on in the league, but if we were to win the cup were in Europe.. A club like us at the moment needs money, so I don't blame Avram for wanting to go all out to win it, even though we won't, when does Avram win finals?!

Still, wanting Ipswich next round, then to stuff Arsenal's kids in the final, cant be bad!

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

I was being sarcastic pal, we got a lot to do in the league, yeah granted. But we ruined you last night, and with that now behind us and in the tank, anything is possible up at Sunderland on Sunday.

Back