What are you listening to?

Any indie rock lovers need to check out people like The Clash and The *** Pistols.

The Clash`s first album "The Clash" and The Pistols "Nevermind The Bollocks" are classics.

I have recently converted my future to be 15 year old nephew into these bands from listening to tripe such as Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance.

Rant Over!!!

Personally don't think there is anything wrong with Fall Out boy or Chemical Romance or any similar bands. Maybe its perhaps i'm open minded or i just can't tell what is percieved as "****" music.... :D

The Mountain - The Stills

Personally don't think there is anything wrong with Fall Out boy or Chemical Romance or any similar bands. Maybe its perhaps i'm open minded or i just can't tell what is percieved as "****" music.... :D

I agree with that, each to their own. I have loved listening to The *** Pistols since I was very young though rpashley, I like The Clash as well. :)

Jimmy Eat World - Kill

I agree each to their own but the modern bands such are influenced by bands of the past who in turn would have been influenced. Not everyone chekcs out who influenced their fav bands, eg I was into Nirvana and read articles that they were influenced by the likes of The Pistols and The Pixies so I checked out their music and loved it.

Suppose what I am trying to say is that there is loads of good music past and present that people do not check out simply cos they do not know it was there.

Pistols are ok, dated ttm now, clash are much better

Ad ur taste in punk music is terrible!

Pixies own, one of my fav bands, Doolittle being a 5/5 album for me

ATM in listening I just listened to half of the Air - Virgin Suicicdes soundtrack, was pretty good.

Im :wub:'n ttm There There by RH atm, but it is my fav rh song ovverall anyway

yeah im always listenin to rh , in love with amnesiac at the moment. tis awesome

ATM in listening I just listened to half of the Air - Virgin Suicicdes soundtrack, was pretty good.

Yeh I like that album, it's really good considering it's a soundtrack. The film is alright as well might be worth a watch.

yeh think im gunna get the film just to see what the soundtravcks like in the film

saw rene amesz - this dj in newcastle last week and it was unreal so been trying to download bits of his stuff but theres not much going round

saw rene amesz - this dj in newcastle last week and it was unreal so been trying to download bits of his stuff but theres not much going round

Oink would have had plenty R.I.P :(

Pistols are ok, dated ttm now, clash are much better

Ad ur taste in punk music is terrible!

Pixies own, one of my fav bands, Doolittle being a 5/5 album for me

Im :wub:'n ttm There There by RH atm, but it is my fav rh song ovverall anyway

Pistols are *****. It's your generic taste that is terrible. The Pistols are only percieved as good because they were one of the first "real" punk bands. The pistol's music sucks though, and they are fuckign stupid.

obv the music sucks, its punk

You're listening to the wrong bands, Gregor. If you would care to open your mind, there are plenty of musically decent punk bands out there.

Zum Beispiel:

YouTube- NoFX - "Seeing Double at The Triple Rock" Fat Wreck Chords

YouTube- Propagandhi, A Speculative Fiction, Live, Edmonton 03/03/07

YouTube- The Bronx - White Guilt

Bands like The Bronx, Propagandhi, Dead Kenendys and NoFX have soem great musical ability.

YouTube- Dead Kennedys - Too Drunk to ****

YouTube- The Bronx - "They Will Kill Us All (Without Mercy)"

Last edited:
Massive Attack - Sly

You're listening to the wrong bands, Gregor. If you would care to open your mind, there are plenty of musically decent punk bands out there.

Zum Beispiel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE190Dt95Hs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lBADaQXlEk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2cvkDXsdSI

Bands like The Bronx, Propagandhi, Dead Kenendys and NoFX have soem great musical ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7TWLxCIgwE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-IPjZwDCbI

Woo zum beispeil is like the only phrase in German I know :D

Link 1: ****. Singing sounds just like every other lame american punk band on scuzz
Link 2: NO ides what he was saying guitars sounded **** too
Link 3: Better than first 2. I like sound of the singing, music is better when there are less guitars too. Youtube decided not to load anything after 30 seconds though.

Link 4: Oh no, worst one so far. Don't even get me started. I really hope he is making his voice sound lame like that. Idea for the song is *****.
Link 5: Not my thing at all. Hate it when people shout at the mic.

Massive Attack - Sly

Woo zum beispeil is like the only phrase in German I know :D

Link 1: ****. Singing sounds just like every other lame american punk band on scuzz
Link 2: NO ides what he was saying guitars sounded **** too
Link 3: Better than first 2. I like sound of the singing, music is better when there are less guitars too. Youtube decided not to load anything after 30 seconds though.

Link 4: Oh no, worst one so far. Don't even get me started. I really hope he is making his voice sound lame like that. Idea for the song is *****.
Link 5: Not my thing at all. Hate it when people shout at the mic.

haha, all are technically decent though. And the song you thought was ok, is by a punk band, but is not a punk song is it? haha

A new iron curtain drawn across the 49th parallel. Cut all diplomatic ties as we expel all American dignitaries, and issue a nation-wide travel advisory for any others left inside. Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. The burned out shells of south-bound traffic lay strewn across a cold stretch of would-be interstate. Still visible below their charred remains: Pax Americana plates. Your stupid ******* laser-pucks were just the start. And while you may stand six full cubits and a span, we got a shepard's sling and five stones in our hand and the battle of 1812 lives in our heart. We don't care if we're destroyed. We'll never capitulate. We'll take the whole ******* world down, down with us in flames. Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm. We got a good 15 years left till the United We Stand murals on West Broadway finally fade and we wave good-bye to such sad, childish refrains. Replaced with other stupid lullabies like "you can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead hands". Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

Those are the words for the one you couldn't tell what he is saying. ******* intelligent band tbh.

I am now streaking the new a-f album which is up on their myspace. Nice to see a new instrumental direction, a lot more instruments like; violin, piano, timpani drums, **** there is even a childrens choir in two of the songs. I'm not too keen on the album-titled track, however pretty much like every other song. If you have 2 minutes have a quick flick through the tracks. There's also 2 folk songs, that are really, really different, but I'm enjoying this album a lot.

www.myspace.com/antiflag

Stand out tracks for me are: Vices, The Modern Rome Burning, Spit In The Face, If You Wanna Steal (You Better Learn How To Lie), The Smartest Bomb and Go West.