What are you listening to?

Pistols are *****. It's your generic taste that is terrible. The Pistols are only percieved as good because they were one of the first "real" punk bands. The pistol's music sucks though, and they are fuckign stupid.

He's right....everyone knows they've sold too many records to be good.

I'm listening to El Hoyo- Manu Chao at the mo.

He's right....everyone knows they've sold too many records to be good.

I'm listening to El Hoyo- Manu Chao at the mo.

If you define how many records a band has sold, to their quality to write decent music, you are seriously deluded. Let's take any pop-rock band. Blink 182, Green Day, ****, we'll even throw the Ramones, the Clash and *** Pistols in there. What do all of them having common? They write the easiest songs on the planet, they aren't good musicians, and few of them have mildly good lyricists. So why then did they sell millions of records? Easy. They were mass produced by corporations and advertised to be sold to the general public. This makes them popular through recognition, not through their musical talent.

10 albums that should be heard by all at some point in their lives.

If you define how many records a band has sold, to their quality to write decent music, you are seriously deluded. Let's take any pop-rock band. Blink 182, Green Day, ****, we'll even throw the Ramones, the Clash and *** Pistols in there. What do all of them having common? They write the easiest songs on the planet, they aren't good musicians, and few of them have mildly good lyricists. So why then did they sell millions of records? Easy. They were mass produced by corporations and advertised to be sold to the general public. This makes them popular through recognition, not through their musical talent.

Point/Counterpoint - I have only been on this forum a couple of weeks but have already picked up you talk complete b*******.

Anyway 10 albums that should be heard by all at some point in their lives.

1) The Holy Bible - Manics
2) The Clash - The Clash
3) The Bends - Radiohead
4) Nevermind - Nirvana
5) In Uteroo - Nirvana
6) Generation Terrorists - Manics
7) Nevermind The Bollocks - Pistols
8) American idiot - Green Day
9) Troublegum - Therapy?
10) 30 Something - Carter USM

Point/Counterpoint - I have only been on this forum a couple of weeks but have already picked up you talk complete b*******.

2) The Clash - The Clash
3) The Bends - Radiohead
4) Nevermind - Nirvana
5) In Uteroo - Nirvana
9) Troublegum - Therapy?

Would agree with a couple of them, and totally disagree witht the others, but hey, each to their own and all that. ;)

2) The Clash - The Clash
3) The Bends - Radiohead
4) Nevermind - Nirvana
5) In Uteroo - Nirvana
9) Troublegum - Therapy?

Ive only heard The Bends in entirerity, **** good album!!!!

bends pwns obv

the clash - the clash is the bst clash album, not londons calling like the critics say

Both nirvanas albums are really good

I think i have both the Nirvana albums and *** Pistols on my PC at uni, just aint listened to them all the way through

2) The Clash - The Clash
3) The Bends - Radiohead
4) Nevermind - Nirvana
5) In Uteroo - Nirvana
9) Troublegum - Therapy?

atm Jigsaw falling into pieces, radiohead

but i bought Raconteurs and Operator Please's new albums yday so have been listening to them alot

Age of understatement-Last Shadow Puppets (sounds ridiculously like Kinghts of Cydonia)

Thank you for your constructive comments you are a very valued member of this forum.

He is valued, he makes things interesting :D

Thank you for your constructive comments you are a very valued member of this forum.

It speaks for itself tbh.

And don't tell me how valued I am, I've brought more to this forum than you could hope to bring. I offer a different perspective to this forum, without me there would be less discussion.

Just listening to all my 'Not Listened To' on Winamp :)

And don't tell me how valued I am, I've brought more to this forum than you could hope to bring. I offer a different perspective to this forum, without me there would be less discussion.

i beg to differ, without you there would be less petulant childish pointless arguments

except for this thread where its me doing it

Now come on Mr. Counterpoint or can I just call you Point? Let’s put an end to this feud cos come on lets face it if you want to continue I would wipe the floor with you.

Ps So glad you have changed that hideous Avatar.

Age of understatement-Last Shadow Puppets (sounds ridiculously like Kinghts of Cydonia)

He is valued, he makes things interesting :D

That is a tune, and start does sound abit like Knights of Cydonia

Ad does spice things up, was bit dull when he was banned