What do you LOVE about England?

But he was assistant to McLaren too and I think he worked alongside Sven + McLaren before then, he's also the U21 manager as well I believe? He's obviously waiting for the chance but personally I'd rather see him in club management or sticking with the youth teams..
hes only been there since 2007? hes said he taking his time after the whole manchester city failure, and wants to properly learn the game before taking a senior role, cant think of a better person to learn from than capello. i think he's learned from his mistakes and will do well at whatever he takes up next. also the fact that capello made him a senior coach as well, suggest he may well be being groomed

Last edited:
I think Pearce would be a good option and I like the way he has groomed to come through. The Scots did something similar with Andy Roxburgh.

lol @ all the jealousy towards England in this thread.
Seriously some of you Irish and Scottish guys really need to start achieving something yourselves instead of wasting all your time trying to find faults in others. Maybe if you did you might actually get somewhere instead of just watching jealously from the sidelines.

As for the topic, I'm American so kinda neutral to the English side generally (unless we're playing them of course). However one thing I totally respect about the English is the support from the fans at games. I don't think any country comes close at this world cup tbh.

The fact that, despite having won the rugby world cup in 2003, finishing second in 2007, winning the twenty20 world cup recently, and the ashes not long ago (twice). None of this really matters until we have the real world cup back.

View attachment 78844
^^^people who embariss themselfs like that oO)
how is that embarrasing? they are showing their support, and we are not the only country to wear mental costumes in support of their country. clearly you've never come across dutch supporters. its fancy dress, its actually fun you know?

He may not be the captain anymore, but Terry played like a legend tonight and put his body on the line time after time. The attempted block with his head just epitomized what the guy is all about, he may be a **** off the pitch, but on it he will always give 100%.

Legend.

28473450417204992638289.jpg

Certainly played for shirt, he was brilliant against Slovenia except for his stray pass. Hopefully he will continue this form against Germany.

i love the way that with 18 seconds into englands opening game in the world cup they had to mention 1966... but they never seem to mention that after england won the world cup that there first game as world champions, scotland beat them 3-2 ;)

i love the way that with 18 seconds into englands opening game in the world cup they had to mention 1966... but they never seem to mention that after england won the world cup that there first game as world champions, scotland beat them 3-2 ;)
Thats because nobody can remember it, its a nothing game as far as England are concerned. If it was Germany or Argentina we might of been up for it.

Funny that cause when scotland are at a World Cup people always remember Peru and Costa Rica. People in glass houses and all that.

the passion. what other match so far in this world cup could you hear their fans????

because winning the world cup is a little bit bigger than a game against the scots. also in your supports section you spelt algeria wrong mate.

the fact that we're higher ranked and always will be higher ranked than Scotland, Wales, Rep of Ireland. ;)

No matter what happens, we will always beleive in England! We aint the best rankings wise, but in the english hearts, we can beat ANYONE! Thats what I love, Our Spirit and belief!