Billy Bryant

Reaction score
Hey guys, so use this thread to post what you want to see in FM 2015. Hopefully if someone from SI stumbles across this thread then they might be able to implement some things before the next game it's too late and we need to wait for FM 2016. Feel free to also use the thread as a fun way to see what your fellow fm-basers want to see implemented and how that differs/agrees with your own personal thoughts.

Additionally, I figure i'll update ideas that are repeated a lot, or that have a lot of likes and post them here on the front page with a page number and username. For now I'll mainly just post ideas that are repeated a lot, because only a few posts have a few likes and it's hard to tell which points people are agreeing with, or if they agree with all points made.

The things that people want:
-Match Engine... several points. More balanced, less bugs, the engine not pushing you to use certain tactics, more customisation.
-Press Interviews need to be completely redone from the ground up. Too repetitive and boring.
-All interactions with staff/players need to be redone (but interviews particularly, hence why it's above and separate)
-Weather/acts of god affecting scheduling i.e games postponed due to bad weather.
-The ability to start a game part-way through the season, with monthly updates from SI including table positions. i.e taking control of the club bottom at christmas and playing your way out of relegation. (louiscfc, page 1)

Last edited:
Because of the shear amount of fixtures and teams involved, it's always going to be a processor heavy game. There is nothing they can really do to scale it down I think.

I actually love the way the transfers work. IRL, teams down want to let their hot prospects go and set insane values for bidding teams. When Liverpool bought Andy Carrol, he was not worth 35M but Newcastle didn't need to sell nor did they probably want to. Value is completely subjective and based on factors outside of ability: Wages, standard of league, ect. If a club doesn't want to sell, untill the player forces a move, the club wont budge. That's how real life football works mate.

(Taking into account that the star ratings mean nothing)

Too many regens being 5* I think is realistic. How many 5* regens have actually gone on to be as good as Messi or Ronaldo? Not many I'd imagine. Potential is something Thousands of young players have but realizing it is insanely hard. I see injuries destroying young wonderkids all the time.

FM15 features I'd like to see.

• I want to see the interview section torn apart and redone. It's far too boring for me and I think it needs to be revisited/revamped.
  • I'd love to see more caretaker managers/assistant Managers being promoted to caretaker managers.
  • If staff/players could have regen sons (don't know if it's already a thing but I think it'd be cool :) )
  • Acts of God: more games being called off (like a 5% chance) from severe weather like we've seen this winter/spring

- I want to be able to have favoured personnel. Minor thing but it is the little things that make this game.
- Let me spend my wages. I appreciate it is a footy management SIM but maybe develop the game a bit and let me buy property or invest it in a stock portfolio. Maybe some personality development so I might be the type to go to titty bars and drink lots, then end up on front page of papers instead of back pages.
- More images such as stadia pictures incorporated into screen shots and more presentation thought put into such occasions as winning a league or cup. Make it feel a bit more special achieving these things.
- Let me go to to media about a player I've just sold because he has been a b itch and wants to leave the club.
- Agree with above about press conferences, they are awful.

That is all so far.

I think your manager should be able to start out with a Continental B license and you've to use your wages to buy your way up to Continental Pro license. In real life, no manager is aloud to manage in any nations top flight unless they have a Continental Pro licence. It'd make the game more fun for the LLMs :)

I also think you should be able to assign your manager to take a Coach role as well as Manage and the attributes are set according to your Licence Level (call it your managers CA :p ). Most Managers get involved with and take training sessions so I find it hard to believe we can pick a team on merit if we've never seen them train.

Wingers like Ronaldo should score much much more, like 50 goals a season like in real life, if I put Ronaldo on the left wing his favorite place, he scores like 15 a season, this is far from the truth. In FM 2015 wingers who come inside and shoot with their favorite foot to goal should score much much more. Like in real life.

My main addition to FM would be updates of the leagues and start a save mid-season.

For example, when I get bored of a save I want to start a new one. I feel it would be awesome if FM released monthly updates of the leagues based on real life so I can start a new save in January for example with a team that might be struggling IRL. This would be better rather than starting all over again back in July and more realistic than some of the short term challenges.
These updates should only go up to the end of the season otherwise people wont buy the new one.

I wanna see that high finishing actually means something . it feels like every1 with above 15 finishing is suddenly heskey and misses every opportunity ...

Wingers like Ronaldo should score much much more, like 50 goals a season like in real life, if I put Ronaldo on the left wing his favorite place, he scores like 15 a season, this is far from the truth. In FM 2015 wingers who come inside and shoot with their favorite foot to goal should score much much more. Like in real life.

I've actually not had any problem with this. My inside forwards almost always score 10-20 goals a season in the EPL (players like Andros Townsend, Anthony Knockaert and Gylfi Sigurdsson). I don't control Cristiano Ronaldo, but it ****** me off that in all seven plus seasons of my current save, Ronaldo has scored 45+ goals and been the World Player of the year six out of seven years (the other year it was Messi), and he even won it the year my striker scored 43 goals (33 in the EPL) and won five trophies (including UCL). Real Madrid won nothing, and my striker wasn't even in the top 3.

The fact that players just don't sell is one thing that really annoys me. So much easier to sell in FM13

[h=3]i want to decide the new stadium name myself. Maybe not for new manager, but if u stay in the club long enough... at least i want to given a chance to proposed a name to the new stadium.[/h]

I want to see WOMEN'S FOOTBALL added, know it would be huge on data, but Women's football is getting bigger and better every season...
Maybe it could be that you have to start off managing a Woman's team or Lower League team while gaining your Pro License..

1) I really want to have the option to set up youth academies around the world (well at least within your knowledge area)

2) Interview process (whether it be press / board) needs a revamp - still very rigid and it just becomes boring

3) More in depth training regimes and the option to go to training camps (of the managers choosing)

4) The transfers still seem unrealistic, admittedly alot better than last years fo buying players in some cases, but it's near impossible to sell (even if you transfer Messi, he won't have any interest, haha, ridiculous)

5) When creating a manager, i want to see the option to replace a staff member currently in the game, eg. Beckham becomes the new manger of United yet the actual Beckham is still in the db.

6) When discussing contracts, it needs to be more realistic and not just calculated on the fact that they are currently being paid 180K therefore they want 250K, despite being on the transfer list for example.

7) Scouts and Scouting process needs to re-visited, I still am unable to get past 75 percent of World Knowledge despite having over 20 Scouts and 5 affiliates.

8) The match engine needs improving, for example Barca would struggle on a crappy, waterlogged pitch but Stoke (long ball teams) would relish in these situations.

9) To be able to get more involved in the youth team / recruitment process

Just to name a few of the top of my head

If you're a smaller team and one of the big teams show an interest in one of your players, I'd like to be able to open up a conversation with him to see what he wants to do and try to convince them to stay (or go). It seems at the moment you cannot talk about interest unless an offer is made and you refuse and they throw their toys out of the pram. It'd be good to sit down with a player and talk through their options.

I really want to have my own favorite personnel. All in game managers has it except for us :(

I want to be able to send my scout out for a specific role like Ball Playing Defender Stopper I don't want to say find me a defender with X in passing and then have to filter through a list of all defenders who are naturals at defend and cover. I may miss some talent that way but I should think that the scouts are being sent out after similar discussions in real life as well :)

2 things:
- improved ME
- I'd like FM to be finished product when they release it, I don't fancy being a non-paid tester for ~4 months year after year

I agree with most things said already but one thing that's always annoyed me about fm is the debt, ive played as Manchester united and had over 300 million in my bank balance but still paying off their massive loan which is over 8 million a month now why couldn't you pay off a massive section of the loan which would lower interest, so would mean paying less each month.

I want to see WOMEN'S FOOTBALL added, know it would be huge on data, but Women's football is getting bigger and better every season...
Maybe it could be that you have to start off managing a Woman's team or Lower League team while gaining your Pro License..
Not this!