• No more graphical presentation of player attributes. Keep it simple like the old days! In real life, a coach describes a player using phrases such as: good pace, excellent technique, very good first touch, professional etc etc. It is not a FIFA game...hence, just numbers, is enough.
  • better interviews and press releases
  • Some various and rare situations. For example I remember in championship manager there were few cases where a player would feel disappointed and could not performe well in the pitch due to marital concerns! I would love to have that feature back! I.e. giving advice to balloteli because his girlfriend dumped him lol!
  • In-game reactions. Like mini pep talks during the game.
  • Ability to contact the supporters!What they want, etc.
  • Number of passes stat. There is only the completion percentage stat.
  • Matches should be a bit more weather dependent

That's all for now

Last edited:
normal match engine, don't care about anything else, skin can be from win 98 I don't care just normal match engine!

Would like to see the option of managing the Under 18s on their own, rather than 'taking control' whilst managing the First Team, would be a good way to build a reputation with the aim of managing the seniors, or for those who like to start unemployed.

Having a use of the currency earned in game would be a nice.
I'd love to be able to save enough to eventually buy a club and have total control of the club on all levels, such as:
Sponsorships deals (choose who you want)
Recruitment camps
Talking with the fans
Visiting ill-children in hospital with a few fan favorites
Being able to win money via competitions like when Southampton bought Bradley Wright-Phillips
Players seeking personal advice
Have a wage budget that players will abide to if they favor the club

On top of that, I'd like them to be gone with regen faces and get people's actual faces in.

Press conferences to be totally revamped, far to boring and monotonous, need more scope for controversial questions and answers and a real opportunity to say what one feels. I know this would be difficult as everyone on this forum could respond with something different to a particular game or incident, but more options are required.

Whilst on the above subject better interaction with people such as coaches, other managers and players. Like the press conferences and interviews there are not enough options. For example asking a under 21's or 18's manager a question rather than waiting for them to tell me something

Creating your own history, personality and friends within the game at the start

Opportunity to comment on other matches, like internationals and big cup games

Occasionally, and I do mean occasionally, non football related absences, like in real life for example drugs ban, prison sentence, illness, AWOL, family emergency. Would have to be few and far between but would add a little realistic spice to the game

-
- Let me spend my wages. I appreciate it is a footy management SIM but maybe develop the game a bit and let me buy property or invest it in a stock portfolio. Maybe some personality development so I might be the type to go to titty bars and drink lots, then end up on front page of papers instead of back pages.

You could do that sort of thing on one of the old fifa manager, it was not fantastic, but you could buy cars, boats, houses, flats engagement ring etc, the choices were not fantastic but it was like the start of a good idea

Just a game without bugs and a normal ME.

I think the main thing is a complete overhaul of the interactions between managers/players and the media. It plays a huge part IRL.

The game has "media handling" personality traits, but I never feel they have any impact. When I go up against Mourinho I expect something said way out of the ordinary, totally unpredictable. When I play against a Roy Keane managed team I expect him to badmouth the sh*t out of everything I do. It feels so stale.

I want more options to unsettle, unnerve, confuse, aggravate ect. other players and manager. Not just declaring my interest in a player 20 times a season.

I'm at the point where I can guess which 5 questions I'll get in pre and post match interviews. I may as well close my eyes when I answer.

I think your manager should be able to start out with a Continental B license and you've to use your wages to buy your way up to Continental Pro license. In real life, no manager is aloud to manage in any nations top flight unless they have a Continental Pro licence. It'd make the game more fun for the LLMs

I like this idea a lot, but only as an option. Personally, it wouldn't fit my play style as I like to take on the persona of real life managers.

Press conferences to be totally revamped, far to boring and monotonous, need more scope for controversial questions and answers and a real opportunity to say what one feels. I know this would be difficult as everyone on this forum could respond with something different to a particular game or incident, but more options are required.

Whilst on the above subject better interaction with people such as coaches, other managers and players. Like the press conferences and interviews there are not enough options. For example asking a under 21's or 18's manager a question rather than waiting for them to tell me something

Creating your own history, personality and friends within the game at the start

Opportunity to comment on other matches, like internationals and big cup games

Occasionally, and I do mean occasionally, non football related absences, like in real life for example drugs ban, prison sentence, illness, AWOL, family emergency. Would have to be few and far between but would add a little realistic spice to the game

Would be great if they could add non-football related incidents, but if they can do that for OOTP, why not for FM?

Right now, FM needs more and better defensive tactical options if SI wants the game to be seen and recognized as a simulator. Every team organizes differently in terms of offensive and defensive process and FM seriously lacks defensive options.

Another basic thing missing is motivating chating / instructing players during matches: every manager shouts from the bench motivating / criticizing his players, either if their performing well or having a wrong / complacent attitude.

Better role and duty descriptions are needed: it's quite unprofessional to change a tactical system and leaving the same descriptions from the pass.

I just dont understand why strikers cant seem to score no matter what tactic you use this year. I hope thats something fixed in fm15

I like this thread and thumbs up to the man who started it. Good idea to have this sooner with the hope that one of the SI staff members gets to see what the fans truly want. While FM has added a lot of details over the past few years there is always room for improvement so let me get down to my wishlist:

-A more balanced Match Engine were all tactics have the same success rate. Being forced to play with a certain formation to accommodate the Match Engine is very boring
-An option to complain to the FA about poor match officiating against your team and to ask to delay a specific match
-Club Chairman/President should be more involved in the game and their stats should mean something e.g. interference
-Weather should be more of a factor with games being delayed/postponed
-When negotiating a contract with another club that sacked their manager, i wish to have an option to take charge of the club end of season. This would allow me to finish what i started at my current club till the season is over before i change clubs. In return my future club will have to place an Interim manager or Assistant manager temporarily in charge for a few weeks/months before i officially take over
-As a manager of a national team i would like an option to interact with my FA. Having options to bid for hosting junior/major international tournaments
-As club manager i would like to ask my board to submit an application to host a continental cup final were relevant e.g. hosting a UEFA Europa/Champions League Final
-Bring back training schedules
-Bring back the old but very proven tactical way of creating tactics
-Bring back player endorsement
-Player development and progression needs to be more stable
-Club facilities should be very significant. I hate it when i invest a lot in my facilities only to get bad regens compared to other clubs with very average facilities
-Opponents scouting reports needs more details. Giving me stats is not helpful. I want my scouting report to tell me were to exploit my opposition and what tactics/shape/tempo would work best
-Manager Reputation needs a serious fix. **** managers get better jobs than me yet i won more trophies, does not make any sense at all when they laugh off my interest
-Manager achievements should mean a lot to my status at the club i am at, it should be my job security, staff, management and player should show more respect to that. No one gave Fergie **** unless they already left the club
-Buying and selling of players needs to be balanced out well
-Loaned players need to improve more from the game time they get
-Agents and their players need to seriously calm down and stop being dramatic over nothing with frequent unrealistic demands or complaints
-What happened to manager power? I am in control and my authority should be respected to much extent by all those around me. The game forces you to be a single character in all situations because of the very limited interaction options. You cannot be a Jose type of manager everyone will hate you
-Board, player, manager and staff interactions all need a major overhaul. Plain boring and always the same responses. Some options your given never suit the situation your in
-Press conferences also need a major overhaul. No vibe/tension whatsoever and they boring/repetitive/useless

FM2010 was the best for selling players, I remember I got rid of all the guys I didn't want with Fulham for a few million each, although 2.5m for Fredrik Stoor could be deemed equally unrealistic...

I would like the option when deciding how to press the opposition to 'hunt In packs' like how barca or bayern do, I try hassle opponents and much higher defensive line, but they don't press them enough, I want to eliminate all passing options with it and force them to whack it forward aimlessly.

I'd also like to start a career at lower ranks than the first team manager( like be a clubs u21 or u18s manager)

Interactions need to change, too repetive with press and players.

I like this thread and thumbs up to the man who started it. Good idea to have this sooner with the hope that one of the SI staff members gets to see what the fans truly want. While FM has added a lot of details over the past few years there is always room for improvement so let me get down to my wishlist:

-A more balanced Match Engine were all tactics have the same success rate. Being forced to play with a certain formation to accommodate the Match Engine is very boring
-An option to complain to the FA about poor match officiating against your team and to ask to delay a specific match
-Club Chairman/President should be more involved in the game and their stats should mean something e.g. interference
-Weather should be more of a factor with games being delayed/postponed
-When negotiating a contract with another club that sacked their manager, i wish to have an option to take charge of the club end of season. This would allow me to finish what i started at my current club till the season is over before i change clubs. In return my future club will have to place an Interim manager or Assistant manager temporarily in charge for a few weeks/months before i officially take over
-As a manager of a national team i would like an option to interact with my FA. Having options to bid for hosting junior/major international tournaments
-As club manager i would like to ask my board to submit an application to host a continental cup final were relevant e.g. hosting a UEFA Europa/Champions League Final
-Bring back training schedules
-Bring back the old but very proven tactical way of creating tactics
-Bring back player endorsement
-Player development and progression needs to be more stable
-Club facilities should be very significant. I hate it when i invest a lot in my facilities only to get bad regens compared to other clubs with very average facilities
-Opponents scouting reports needs more details. Giving me stats is not helpful. I want my scouting report to tell me were to exploit my opposition and what tactics/shape/tempo would work best
-Manager Reputation needs a serious fix. **** managers get better jobs than me yet i won more trophies, does not make any sense at all when they laugh off my interest
-Manager achievements should mean a lot to my status at the club i am at, it should be my job security, staff, management and player should show more respect to that. No one gave Fergie **** unless they already left the club
-Buying and selling of players needs to be balanced out well
-Loaned players need to improve more from the game time they get
-Agents and their players need to seriously calm down and stop being dramatic over nothing with frequent unrealistic demands or complaints
-What happened to manager power? I am in control and my authority should be respected to much extent by all those around me. The game forces you to be a single character in all situations because of the very limited interaction options. You cannot be a Jose type of manager everyone will hate you
-Board, player, manager and staff interactions all need a major overhaul. Plain boring and always the same responses. Some options your given never suit the situation your in
-Press conferences also need a major overhaul. No vibe/tension whatsoever and they boring/repetitive/useless

Agree with every point.

Guys I just figured if you like the comments that you agree with, or if a few show up more than once, then maybe I could edit those into the first post?

Anyway i'm glad you guys are finding this useful, the idea was to get this out early so that if SI did stumble upon it, maybe it wouldn't be too late to implement some of the thoughts. Especially the ideas of bringing things back into the game, as they already know how to do this, it would just be a case of implementing and integrating it successfully with any updates made since it was taken out.

for me its just that you should have to start off at your favoured club picked on first loadout and start at the bottom of the club and working your way up earning your badges even an in game set of questions to determine your play style such as if you play possesion football you're more likely to get offers from arsenal swansea barcelonas of the world and if you play direct football the likes of chelsea stoke athletico madrid

1. More variations in set piece... for example, tries to take quick free kick. Set my player run. Specific set piece routines to use. Maybe allow me to select 3 routines to use and the ME randomly selects them. Would be boring to have only 1 set piece routine.

2. Manager's mood selection. Not looking at any 3D animation but a mood selection. Eg, the team just conceeded a poor goal, I choose something like "Shouting at defense" the team should have some kind of reaction to that. Or when the striker missed a chance and look dejected, I can select "clap, cheer team on" to boost morale.

3. Negotiate my own parent / feeder club... for example Crewe & Middlesbrough produces good youth players. I would like to nego a link up with them.

4. Training sessions. More hands-on perhaps. I do prefer the training of the old. 5 a side, dribbling cone, etc. Then have some stats for each training session... players who impress.. not just the assistant report we have now.

5. last, maybe the selling of players to be made easier. I have players i'm not even able to sell for free, not that they rejected salary from another team, no team even bid for them.

It might be impossible to put all our ideas into the game as everyone have different ideas.