What Game Are You Playing At The Moment?

I did start the Ezio collection the other week, about halfway through II at the min, but moved on to playing The Witcher 3. Its so ******* daunting though, things massive..

I did start the Ezio collection the other week, about halfway through II at the min, but moved on to playing The Witcher 3. Its so ******* daunting though, things massive..

i have witcher 3 on 360,it really is a beautiful game

My PC need an update in order to play Witcher 3. First one was decent, second amazing, played it 3 or 4 times so far.
Can't wait to buy a new computer and install that beauty of a third game.

I have still not bought anything not even sure I will there are no strategy or RPG games that I fancy although I will get steel division in time I think

Hearts of Iron 4 is becoming pretty good now with patches. New focus trees are much better than the ones available at launch.

Naval warfare still frustrates me though. I mean would it kill them to make capital ships somehow useful?

And yeah, I get it, that's how it happened during the war as well. At first everybody was building capital ships, but carriers ended up outperforming them massively. The German super-battleship Bismarck is a particularly woeful story - they could have probably build a 1000 more Tigers instead of the Bismarck, but on first mission she took an unlucky bomb from a WWI era plane and sunk. You couldn't make this **** up.

But still, even if massive ships with massive cannons proved obsolete, at least they were effective at shore bombardment. But here it's just a ****** debuff to defense. I mean seriously. I spend 2 years bulding a battleship with Australia and all I got is a **** debuff.

Salt mode off.

Last edited:
Hearts of Iron 4 is becoming pretty good now with patches. New focus trees are much better than the ones available at launch.

Naval warfare still frustrates me though. I mean would it kill them to make capital ships somehow useful?

And yeah, I get it, that's how it happened during the war as well. At first everybody was building capital ships, but carriers ended up outperforming them massively. The German super-battleship Bismarck is a particularly woeful story - they could have probably build a 1000 more Tigers instead of the Bismarck, but on first mission she took an unlucky bomb from a WWI era plane and sunk. You couldn't make this **** up.

But still, even if massive ships with massive cannons proved obsolete, at least they were effective at shore bombardment. But here it's just a ****** debuff to defense. I mean seriously. I spend 2 years bulding a battleship with Australia and all I got is a **** debuff.

Salt mode off.

I am really enjoying it too atm, just made super italy by abusing the guarantee mechanics (sorry not sorry). and I am just sorting out my navy, literally licence request japan for carriers and spam the **** outta light ships is how I am going. I will drop that nuke on the 'Murica and get my duke nuked em achievement!

But yeah agreed naval needs work but good to see the game is getting there

I am really enjoying it too atm, just made super italy by abusing the guarantee mechanics (sorry not sorry). and I am just sorting out my navy, literally licence request japan for carriers and spam the **** outta light ships is how I am going. I will drop that nuke on the 'Murica and get my duke nuked em achievement!

But yeah agreed naval needs work but good to see the game is getting there

I mean, with major countries naval warfare is done easy, like you just said, make couple of carriers and spam destroyers and it's okay. But when you're playing smaller country catching up to big fleets out there is almost impossible. Even if you have an aggresive early campaign and take out some resource rich countries (Greece and Sweeden being everyone favorites), it's still really hard to catch since you need to build both ships and planes for them.

Also, Italy is my favorite major country to play, so many options to play them!

I mean, with major countries naval warfare is done easy, like you just said, make couple of carriers and spam destroyers and it's okay. But when you're playing smaller country catching up to big fleets out there is almost impossible. Even if you have an aggresive early campaign and take out some resource rich countries (Greece and Sweeden being everyone favorites), it's still really hard to catch since you need to build both ships and planes for them.

always been the same in hearts of iron though, in number 3 you just spammed light cruisers and where good.

Also, Italy is my favorite major country to play, so many options to play them!

yeah there is, I have eaten Yugoslavia, Romania, Czechs and Greece by 1938. Only the US has a bigger industry right now than me. gunna build for a year get everything up to date and then fight the war.

Yeah there is, I have eaten Yugoslavia, Romania, Czechs and Greece by 1938. Only the US has a bigger industry right now than me. gunna build for a year get everything up to date and then fight the war.

Yeah, exploting the Romanian guarantees is fun in this patch lol. I usually like to take out Spain though, then I take Gibraltar by land the day war starts and this way I can keep Royal Navy out of Mediterranean until I"m ready.

I'm curious. If any of you tech savvy can explain something. As you've probably heard, morons in the US are trying to get rid of net neutrality.

If the moron brigade succeed, would it affect online gaming from this country? I'm curious as I do a lot of online gaming on NA servers (play a lot of Hearthstone, Overwatch, Starcraft 2 and Heroes of the Storm) so wondering if this would have a bearing over here.

I'm curious. If any of you tech savvy can explain something. As you've probably heard, morons in the US are trying to get rid of net neutrality.

If the moron brigade succeed, would it affect online gaming from this country? I'm curious as I do a lot of online gaming on NA servers (play a lot of Hearthstone, Overwatch, Starcraft 2 and Heroes of the Storm) so wondering if this would have a bearing over here.

It will only impact people who are on US soil using US ISPs.

It will only impact people who are on US soil using US ISPs.

That's a relief. Hopefully something like that won't happen over here in the future. I know the EU have been strict enforcing net neutrality, but we won't be in the EU for much longer.

That's a relief. Hopefully something like that won't happen over here in the future. I know the EU have been strict enforcing net neutrality, but we won't be in the EU for much longer.

In the EU it isn't that strict anymore. Telecom providers (in Belgium and NL atleast) are already trying to push through unlimited mobile internet for certain mobile apps. I'm not that much into it if they are still doing it and if it went to court coz of net neutrality.

I think in Europe we still have significantly more leverage over corporations and politicians, compared to US where providers basically keep every member of congress in their pocket.

yeah there is, I have eaten Yugoslavia, Romania, Czechs and Greece by 1938. Only the US has a bigger industry right now than me. gunna build for a year get everything up to date and then fight the war.

Anyhow, what mods are you using? I'm playing with Expert AI 2.0, it really does improve the AI significantly and makes for much more challenging games.

Found Stellaris with a 55% discount (or roughly £13.50 for base game and all DLC discounted). How essential is the DLC though as regards to enjoyment? I'm reading mixed opinions on how important the DLC is (primarily Leviathans and Utopia), especially as you can simply find megastructures and repair them. If so that would negate the usefulness of Utopia. Imo of course

Edit-went ahead and bought the base game and all the DLC. Came to roughly £31.50 for everything so not too bad. Time to get clued up on the game

Last edited:
I don't know about Stellaris, but with Paradox games the DLCs are rarely optionala.

Already love Stellaris. Being a space/sci-fi geek it's right up my ally.

Although I already hate pirates.

Especially pirates that come from your own home world; and they turned to piracy because they became greedy and decided to take out your mining stations.

Has anybody played Watch Dogs and Watch Dogs 2, and if so is there any significant difference in the games and/or which is better? Thanks.