What Game Are You Playing At The Moment?

I won't be doing too much gaming upcoming week sadly-doing a work placement at HMRC so have to cut right back on gaming. Which is going to absolutely kill me :( . And tomorrow I'll be too drunk to do anything anyway lol.

Once that's out the way I'll be able too though

let me know when and can hop on for a few hours and you can test it out. Currently a borg style robot race assimilating everyone great fun

This looks amazing.

[video=youtube;ifgjEMIqRO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifgjEMIqRO4[/video]

What I love most about Overwatch is when you're leading your team as Reinhardt (tank), you have 5 secs left before you lose, you've been drinking beer and you're issuing instructions over your're headset, you have Slayer playing in the background and you just absolutely go batshit crazy with your hammer (Reinhardts weapon) and completely 1 man wipe the opponents team and win. No other game does that for me. It feels absolutely awesome.

And drinking beer and tanking as Reinhardt are a perfect combo lol.

(And for anyone who is interested right now it's a free weekend)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution kept me occupied past few days. Fantastic game, forgot how great it was.

Nice collection of strategy games on current Humble Bundle.

Another good Humble Bundle out just now. Grey Goo at 1$ tier for you RTS fans, and Wasteland 2 at $10 tier if you like a nice oldschool RPG with X-com style combat.

Caved and bought CoD and FM.

Love CoD so far campaign is pretty good so far, dabbled on multiplayer but always found it a bit meh on CoD.

FM not sure about alot of the UI changes its really busy and will take some getting used to. Its not too bad overall but still adjusting

Have to say absolutely loved the cinematic for the new World of Warcraft expansion, Battle for Azeroth. Don't normally pre-order games but I might make an exception in this case.

Could it be that the Alliance finally crushes the Horde plebs once and for all

[video=youtube;jSJr3dXZfcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSJr3dXZfcg[/video]

And once again credit to Blizzard for another tremondous cinematic. No other game company can beat them, simple as. I've never come across another bunch of cinematics that can stir so many emotions amongst people. Not even a movie trailer comes close.

It's amazing. EA have actually gotten better. At being worst. I really wanted to get the new Battlefront 2 game, but sweet jesus. Take all my nopes. Initially making hero's 60k credits to unlock, then "fixing" the issue by reducing the cost to 15k wasn't even a fix. That was the original price in the pipeline-there's so much incredibly wrong with this game and it's launch it's unreal. When you gate progression behind a loot box model....yeah fk that.

This is why I'll NEVER buy from EA. I've never known such an anti-consumer company. And the people defending them.....some are saying that Blizzard started off the whole micro-transaction thing with Overwatch. Which is absolute BS-micro transactions started way before Overwatch. And the Overwatch micro transaction/loot box model is 100% cosmetic anyway, and has absolutely no affect on gameplay-unlike Battlefront 2.

So I guess I'll have to pass on this game which is gut wrenching as the game looks so **** good. And it's Star Wars.

#Fk EA

[video=youtube;z-20A66-v2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-20A66-v2g[/video]

Last edited:
It's amazing. EA have actually gotten better. At being worst. I really wanted to get the new Battlefront 2 game, but sweet jesus. Take all my nopes. Initially making hero's 60k credits to unlock, then "fixing" the issue by reducing the cost to 15k wasn't even a fix. That was the original price in the pipeline-there's so much incredibly wrong with this game and it's launch it's unreal. When you gate progression behind a loot box model....yeah fk that.

This is why I'll NEVER buy from EA. I've never known such an anti-consumer company. And the people defending them.....some are saying that Blizzard started off the whole micro-transaction thing with Overwatch. Which is absolute BS-micro transactions started way before Overwatch. And the Overwatch micro transaction/loot box model is 100% cosmetic anyway, and has absolutely no affect on gameplay-unlike Battlefront 2.

So I guess I'll have to pass on this game which is gut wrenching as the game looks so **** good. And it's Star Wars.

#Fk EA

[video=youtube;z-20A66-v2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-20A66-v2g[/video]

I nearly buckled and bought it but after seeing what they were doing was like noooooope.

Bought Cradle of Civilization for EU4 yesterday makes the Middle East really interesting giving them a lot of flavour Timmy has been gimped to **** and Ottomans been nerfed too but makes for a really enjoyable game

I nearly buckled and bought it but after seeing what they were doing was like noooooope.

Bought Cradle of Civilization for EU4 yesterday makes the Middle East really interesting giving them a lot of flavour Timmy has been gimped to **** and Ottomans been nerfed too but makes for a really enjoyable game

It's actually a lot worse than originally thought. This game has literally tanked-it's been absolutely savaged by reviewers. And with good reason. I tried it myself via Origin Access (curiosity got the better of me) and dear god. It has memory leak issues, incredibly stuttery graphics (even on low detail)...people with very high end rigs are even having problems, and these are people with GTX 1080 GPUs and the very latest I7 CPU's, multiplayer is incredibly unbalanced......the entire game is a train wreck.

And because of all this Belgium has declared the loot boxes as a form of gambling, some US governors are now getting involved, the game has tanked VERY hard in Japan.....this is shaping up to be the worst game release in history. And unsurprisingly...it's because of EA.

And because of all this Belgium has declared the loot boxes as a form of gambling, some US governors are now getting involved, the game has tanked VERY hard in Japan.....this is shaping up to be the worst game release in history. And unsurprisingly...it's because of EA.

To be honest, Belgium has been talking about loot boxes and gambling in games before this game came out.
Personally I'm glad people are voicing that all this micro-transaction stuff isn't the way it should be. Game industries are doing everything to get people addicted to their games. Just not sure if the government should be making these rules.

Yeah, I hardly want to defend EA here, but the real issue started with all these free-to-play/pay-to-win mobile games. They are marketed for small children but have gambling mechanics built-in, and the kid just wants to unlock monsters or whatever, he doesn't understand that he buys "500 coins" for hard currency.

It's only recently that it started creeping into PC/console market, but in the mobile world it's been going on for years.

ANOTHER great free game for PC owners out there (in time for chrimbo too), World in Conflict Complete Edition. Great RTS with an excellent story. Played it myself and highly recommended.

Summary: War breaks out following Russia launching an offensive against NATO forces (something eerily close in real life right now), due to the country in economic collapse, and not receiving aid. This is then followed up by an invasion of the United States.

If you want a great RTS-pick this up for free while you can.

https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/wic/12

ANOTHER great free game for PC owners out there (in time for chrimbo too), World in Conflict Complete Edition. Great RTS with an excellent story. Played it myself and highly recommended.

Summary: War breaks out following Russia launching an offensive against NATO forces (something eerily close in real life right now), due to the country in economic collapse, and not receiving aid. This is then followed up by an invasion of the United States.

If you want a great RTS-pick this up for free while you can.

https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/wic/12

**** yes, brilliant game that.

**** yes, brilliant game that.

Really intense stuff, and enjoyed seeing it from both sides of the conflict-cut scenes were enjoyable too. May have to fire this up again...........