What Game Are You Playing At The Moment?

Paradox have announced a new Rome game this is not a drill (although it'll probably be gash for at least the first 6-12 months)

Paradox have announced a new Rome game this is not a drill (although it'll probably be gash for at least the first 6-12 months)

Yeah, HoI4 was last Paradox game that i bothered to get on release. It's 2 years after launch and only now the announced sea expansion will (hopefully) get things up to the level things should be on launch day.

Yeah, HoI4 was last Paradox game that i bothered to get on release. It's 2 years after launch and only now the announced sea expansion will (hopefully) get things up to the level things should be on launch day.

I had fun with it on release, but it was lacking and late game performance was awful. I'll pick up the last couple of expansions I reckon and then have a blast because it has serious potential.

I've just got latest Stellaris expansion and my god this game is different level now it's insane. Probably for my money the best space strat on the market. I can't wait for all the mods I play to catch up too.

Some sad news in gaming community, John @Totalbiscuit Bain has passed away.
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit

The guy who I started to listen when growing up and he has effected so much in the gaming industry.

Rest in peace.

Woke up about an hour ago to see a tweet that he had passed away. I was absolutley crushed. TotalBiscuit and Day9 (another major SC player) got me into Starcraft.

I also loved watching his WTF videos on youtube. And loved the times he was doing the podcasts with WoWCrendor, Dodger and Jesse ***.

Always fun, warm and did his best for others. Also fought for others, even when he knew time was short for him which speaks volumes of him. Just an absolute trooper. And only 33 years old. That's absolutely no age to go.

Going to miss him terribly. The gaming community as a whole are going to take this extremely hard.

Thoughts with his family and friends.

RIP.

Last edited:
I've also just noticed that both Sky News and BBC news both had articles on his passing as well. That's how highly regarded he was. I've also been amazed by just how much of an impact his passing has had, especially on the people who never met him (myself included-as mentioned beforehand I was devastated). I knew it was going to be big, but it's been a lot bigger than I realized. Amazed.

I've also just noticed that both Sky News and BBC news both had articles on his passing as well. That's how highly regarded he was. I've also been amazed by just how much of an impact his passing has had, especially on the people who never met him (myself included-as mentioned beforehand I was devastated). I knew it was going to be big, but it's been a lot bigger than I realized. Amazed.
think cnn did something about him aswell

Was he a programmer/developer?

No, he was a journo who had a huge impact on the industry. The guy was a pioneer of professional conduct and transparency in gaming journalism and he was incredibly brave and tenacious in exposing games that suffer from technical problems.

If you watch some of his video reviews, the first thing he does is he would often spend like 5 minutes going over all the technical option in the menu and detailing what they do and whether they actually work properly. He seemed like a madman the first time I saw it, but he kept at it regardless of the reactions and eventually developers actually started adding options that he demanded. Like, he's basically the sole reason why shooters have FOV sliders.

He was also a respected reviewer and promoted a lot of indie games to success and did some commentary and casting for Starcraft I think? But his biggest impact was exposing bullshit practices of game industry and losing him is awful, awful news for the gaming community.

No, he was a journo who had a huge impact on the industry. The guy was a pioneer of professional conduct and transparency in gaming journalism and he was incredibly brave and tenacious in exposing games that suffer from technical problems.

If you watch some of his video reviews, the first thing he does is he would often spend like 5 minutes going over all the technical option in the menu and detailing what they do and whether they actually work properly. He seemed like a madman the first time I saw it, but he kept at it regardless of the reactions and eventually developers actually started adding options that he demanded. Like, he's basically the sole reason why shooters have FOV sliders.

He was also a respected reviewer and promoted a lot of indie games to success and did some commentary and casting for Starcraft I think? But his biggest impact was exposing bullshit practices of game industry and losing him is awful, awful news for the gaming community.

He indeed did casting for Starcraft 2. He also pretty much saved the game Warframe. The company that made the game was going under. He did a "WTF is Warframe" video and there was a massive surge of players. So the company went from about to be going under to where they are now.

Also had a major impact on League of Legends-there's an ingame item named after him because he referred so many people to the game from the beginning. He referred 10 thousand people as part of Design a Champion, and the prize was to as the title says, design a champion. But Riot ignored him so he quit the game, but later they got back in touch with him to finally get him to design a champion. But John instead gave the opportunity to someone from Make a Wish instead.

It can't be underestimated just how many lives he's touched, be it everyday gamers to content creators.

Last edited:
Borderlands 2
Dishonered 2

and debating getting Detroit Become Human.

And about Total Biscuit situation - apparently his wife (now widow) and kid were in dire financial situation because of the expenses of his cancer treatment. ******* American healthcare system is just nuts, dude.

Some of the fans set up a gofundme fundraiser for the family and up to date it gathered over $300,000 which should get them out of the red zone. Pretty cool.

Doesn't For Honor have a terrible grind to unlock stuff?

If so I'm going to pass. I'm old and grumpy and any patience I once had has been replaced by piles of salt because of games like Overwatch lol

First details finally emerge about Blizzard releasing WoW Classic. Not going to lie. Triggered so much nostalgia about my very first playing experience of World of Warcraft over 9 years ago.

Was only yesterday I was a World of Warcraft noob, trying to talk to NPC's and buying crappy white text gear. Now I can't stop talking about it when someone briefly mentions it (spent 20 mins talking to a fellow WoW player on the phone who was also a Sky customer service rep-who was a complete lore nerd lul).

As I never experienced the "joy" of WoW Vanilla I may give it a try. Still a long way off though.

For anyone interested:

[video=youtube;ipioG6pvwz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipioG6pvwz0&feature=youtu.be[/video]