• Hinduism

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Budhism

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Jedi

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Scientology

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster]Pastafarianism[/url]

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Jewish

Votes: 6 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Religion is for those that have no faith in themselves

FM Base is my religion:)

A bad joke :(

Unfortunately, you will never be able to get from start to finish without jokes and ****-takes when the subject is religion (especially on an internet forum.) For some reason, some people can't just answer yes, no, or don't care either way (or whichever options may be given.)

If you believe it's impossible to know whether or not God exists then yes, that is the correct word.

Actually, an agnostic is someone who tries to know whether or not God exists. It would be selfish to think human beings are the most evolved creatures in the Universe.

Actually, an agnostic is someone who tries to know whether or not God exists. It would be selfish to think human beings are the most evolved creatures in the Universe.

As far as I know, an agnostic is the following...

1. somebody denying God's existence is provable: somebody who believes that it is impossible to know whether or not God exists
2. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
3. somebody denying something is knowable: somebody who doubts that a question has one correct answer or that something can be completely understood.

Unfortunately, you will never be able to get from start to finish without jokes and ****-takes when the subject is religion (especially on an internet forum.) For some reason, some people can't just answer yes, no, or don't care either way (or whichever options may be given.)
There is nothing wrong with trying to be humorous if you want to, im just struggling to find what is funny or humorous about putting Muslim when you are not. oO) If a Muslim said Catholic, would that be funny?

Agnostic. I don't rule out a higher-power, but I don't believe in God.

There is nothing wrong with trying to be humorous if you want to, im just struggling to find what is funny or humorous about putting Muslim when you are not. oO) If a Muslim said Catholic, would that be funny?

Humorous is fine and should be read in the manner it was written, but, like you said yourself, some of it just doesn't need to be said.

As far as I know, an agnostic is the following...

1. somebody denying God's existence is provable: somebody who believes that it is impossible to know whether or not God exists
2. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
3. somebody denying something is knowable: somebody who doubts that a question has one correct answer or that something can be completely understood.

So, he doesn't rule out the possibility of God's existence, but doesn't believe in it fully. Looks for proofs, before making his final statement. You're saying what I said, for other words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back