What Roles and Duties Best suit my players?

Raikan007

Reaction score
JP Woody's ever popular thread is back again for FM11, please keep to the simple rules below!

If you're struggling to choose what role or duty best suites certain players then ask in here.
So for example,if your not sure whether you should play Messi as a winger or a inside forward,or with an attacking or support role then put your queries here.

BRAND NEW!!
Iaan's Best calculated position for your player tool!

Please attempt to use this if there is no reply or you want one of those 'quick answers"

here is the link to the original thread...

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f101/best-calculated-position-for-player-t52377.html

Please be concise and to the point,and if possible give a screenshot or description of your formation.

See this thread for descriptions of player roles.

Last edited:
Hi im sorry if this doesnt belong in this thread..but i belive that you are one of the best at what you know. I need help with more formation and roles not just roles. I have two ways of which i think man city should play (P.S i have made no signing yet. Either a 4-2-2-2 (two defensive mids with two wide men) or 4-3-1-2.
However I dont know what roles to play my mids in the 4-3-1-2 or my wide men in the 4-2-2-2. I play with barry-viera-toure in mid, and silva on the right and johnson/balotelli. thanks in advance and sorry if im asking alot and if this is in the wrong thread :)

@ david silva leftwing playmaker attack

@torres adv forward attack.

View attachment 111026

Right, so I am having trouble with my new signing, Marko Marin. I bought him from Chelsea for £15.5million, in which would replace the now-aging Milos Krasic.

He played well vs. Arsenal in the Community Shield, but now, is struggling.

I am playing him in his natural position of RW in a 4-2-3-1, next to Luka Modric and Mesut Ozil but, still underperforms.

I have tried playing him as a Trequartista, supprting and attacking Winger and, I think once, as an Advanced Playmaker.

I am stuck, and need some help.

View attachment 111026

Right, so I am having trouble with my new signing, Marko Marin. I bought him from Chelsea for £15.5million, in which would replace the now-aging Milos Krasic.

He played well vs. Arsenal in the Community Shield, but now, is struggling.

I am playing him in his natural position of RW in a 4-2-3-1, next to Luka Modric and Mesut Ozil but, still underperforms.

I have tried playing him as a Trequartista, supprting and attacking Winger and, I think once, as an Advanced Playmaker.

I am stuck, and need some help.

This is the FM11 thread btw. However I used him as a Winger on Support at LW and he played well, but he wont compare to Modric & Ozil wherever you play him I think

This is the FM11 thread btw. However I used him as a Winger on Support at LW and he played well, but he wont compare to Modric & Ozil wherever you play him I think

Cheers for the help.

And oh, I thought that this was for both, but nevertheless, I will post in the older one next time I need help with such things on FM10.

Actually for torres if you play him as a poacher he is a beast too gets loads of goals on fm 2011