What Roles and Duties Best suit my players?

I need help with Gerrard, I'm currently playing as Liverpool and I'm in 2012.
He's 32 at the moment and I know that it's just a matter of time until his stats starts to drop massively,
What role should I play him as now at 32 and what stat should I train?
As I still want him to be able to play, until he "drops dead"

View attachment 196554

Raikan007

i need some help with Fernando Llorente i bought him for 14,75m for fulham in the second year he had a great year with athlectic club and i would like him to have the same inpack but he has only played 5 games and 0 goals so far i am using him as a poacher along side benitez any ideas.

View attachment 196693View attachment 196694

Hey Poker, he is not a poacher, if any position besides a Target Man - Support/Attack (especially if you have Benitez next to him) which is his natural and best role (set ball to play to head and set everyone of your players crossing to be aimed at him except your Cb's and set float crosses)

Advanced Forward - Attack could work to, but rather use him as your go to man for flick ons and build up play.

set his creative freedom to 4 clicks below halfway, attacking halfway too!
short passing, hard tackling, halfway closing down, run with ball - sometimes, run from deep - sometimes, through balls often, long shots never, crossing sometimes from deep aim centre.
Normal wide movement, hold up ball, roam from position no, tight marking no, zonal marking :)

think that should about work :) have Benitez set up with NO creative freedom, run with ball and run from deep always, short passing and crossing sometimes (to TM) from the byline! no long shots. roam from position yes, no holding up the ball. move into channels wide movement :)

I hope that works :)

waynee rooney and hernandez in a 4-2-3-1. with rooney behind hernandez

DJ Campbell

Joey Barton

Adel Taarabt

in the order you wrote them!

Poacher
Ball winning mid - defence
Advanced playmaker/ trequartista

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

I need help with Gerrard, I'm currently playing as Liverpool and I'm in 2012.
He's 32 at the moment and I know that it's just a matter of time until his stats starts to drop massively,
What role should I play him as now at 32 and what stat should I train?
As I still want him to be able to play, until he "drops dead"

View attachment 196554

from experience you don't need to worry yet, his stats don't decrease until 34/35 barring a serious injury. he can play just about anywhere, best roles are amc, advanced playmaker, box to box. When his stats finally do go downhill, use him as a deep lying playmaker or reduce his closing down to a very low level so his fitness doesn't plummet too quickly

from experience you don't need to worry yet, his stats don't decrease until 34/35 barring a serious injury. he can play just about anywhere, best roles are amc, advanced playmaker, box to box. When his stats finally do go downhill, use him as a deep lying playmaker or reduce his closing down to a very low level so his fitness doesn't plummet too quickly

Thank you :)

peopleeeeeee i neeeeeeeeeeeeeed heeeeeeeeeeelp :)
im playin with 4-3-3 formation..

can some pro tell me wich roles to give

eto'o aguero tevez

thanks in advance ;)

p.s. im playing eto & tevez as adv forwards and aguero as poacher and its going quite well.. do you agree ppl with that roles? or u have some better solution? cheers !

Last edited:
Playing as Everton and have Danny Welbeck(on loan) and Connor Wickham up front. What roles and dutys should they play. More so Connor Wickham seen as he's young and dont wanna ruin him? Also where should Ross Barkley play, has great PA and want to ease him in?

Im Manchester City. How do i play Chiellini and Mertesacker. My formation is 4-1-2-1-2.

Steven Defour?

Struggling to get the best out of him despite him awesome mental attributes.

so i do , I cant help him play better, i think advance playmaker is best position for him. but he not play well

What's the best role to play Pato in, as AMR?

Hello guys i need roles and duty for my milan midfield.

4-3-1-2 system:

Abbiati
Abate nesta/mexes thiago silva taiwo
aquilani van bommel/ambrosini nocerino
boateng
ibra/cassano pato/robinho

So i dont know what roles and duty would be the best for my midfield.

steve morison as lone forward. I have set him as both advanced forward and target man, he is racking up assists but he hasn't scored in ages and some games he doesn't even shoots on goal...

steve morison as lone forward. I have set him as both advanced forward and target man, he is racking up assists but he hasn't scored in ages and some games he doesn't even shoots on goal...