Which of these would suit a top serie a team like Juventus in your opinion?

Only the 271 and the other sets linked to below that as the 5 first tactics are for underdogs/middleteams.
Just remember that you are playing an Beta of the unpatched FM13, i.e a version in FM13 that is likely to be heavily flawed.

Sure;

Mr_Hough_FM11_4-1-2-3_+_tweaks_for_FM13.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

The 4-1-2-3 is standard MR Hough FM11.
4-1-2-2-1 is the STR/L dropped to wingers
4-1-1-2-2 is the str/l dropped to wingers and a mc added to attack - very offensive but a bit more suspect at the back.

Using these 3 tactics ive won 7, drawn 2 in last 9 games after a winless run of 7 with previous tactic.
Wont work on FMC as these are classic tactics.

Link is dead ? The page doesnt response

Just won the Spanish League with Barca (big deal I know!) but first trophy on FM13. Used a 4-4-2. Results included beating Real 5-1 in the Super Cup, 4-0 wins over At. Madrid and Bilbao and 6-3 win at Dortmund.

View attachment 279512View attachment 279513

Good results. It Does seem like this beta indeed favours a flat 442 ( unlike fm12) when playing with a top team against teams that does not threaten you with an advanced MC. I have had similair results with a 442 using the Spurs and the Gunners. We basically walked the park.

Good results. It Does seem like this beta indeed favours a flat 442 ( unlike fm12) when playing with a top team against teams that does not threaten you with an advanced MC. I have had similair results with a 442 using the Spurs and the Gunners. We basically walked the park.
Hopefully 442 remains successful after full release. I've always used a 433 since FM10 but I've tried a few so far this year with little success. Perhaps SI have finally fixed the bug where the central of the 3 strikers was never marked

I have now been trying these tactics and they seem to function equaly good in FM13 as in FM12

The 451 - Great results with Stoke Underdog / Middleteam

The Narrow Diamond - Top of the Table with Norwich 2011/2012 Underdog / Middleteam

The Deep 442 - EPL winners with Aston Villa 2011/2012 Underdog / Middleteam

The Deep 4231Underdog / Middleteam

The Wide 42121 - Promotion with Posh, Hudds, Morecambe Underdog / Middleteams

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ore-fm13-451-wingbacks-271-formation-tbh.html

and I have aslo tried these other sets using the same approach as the 271above

Thebetterhalf.freeforums.org • View topic - 352, 442, 4411 for Shiraz ( and others)

Hey can you use the 4231 in the link on your forum with a big team and must you use a specific match prep?

I'd like to try it out.

using the underdog tactics aswell only i use the counter version for every game as wimbeldon since they suck lol

won every game 9 games into league so far

I just finished my season in League Two with Oxford United using mostly one of Raikan007's tactics from FM12.

View attachment 279562

Most of these games were using instant results on FMC, I only ever played the "bigger" games.

Last edited:
Usually I just use tactics other users upload, but I fancy learning how to create tactics and building my own. I always feel like using others tactics is nearly cheating in a way. Problem is I pretty much know very little about what effect the sliders etc have on the players and team.

So any experienced tacticians out there give me a quick few tips to get me started?

Using one from another site

4*4*1*1 - a BWM and DLP in the middle, AMC and advanced forward, going well so far.. played 5, won 5, scored 11 conceded 2. with Rangers. (bought Koumas, Diao & a RB) got Batt and McCarthur on loan.

Yeah 4-2-3-1 is a really rubbish tactic. Currently using Chelsea, and am getting getting killed by flat 4-4-2 and other teams using 4-2-3-1. I wished my trio of Oscar, Mata and Hazard are as fluid as their real life counter parts :'(. Hopefully this is just a beta flaw.

Hey can you use the 4231 in the link on your forum with a big team and must you use a specific match prep?

I'd like to try it out.

Yes, those sets Of 4 versions( overload, attack, counter and Cautious) can be used with any team.

Enjoying FM13 so far, but my old tactics are not effective, wondering whether we think this latest match engine will suit a proper old school wingers 442 style tactic?

I got the sack from PSV last season, but now I manage Sheffield Wednesday. So far I had to save them last game, which I managed to win. I finally switched to a tc tactic I made 4-4-2. My team has such a fighting spirit 4-0 down against West Ham, 5-5 in the end. 3-1 Against Birmingham 4-3 in the end for me. I am so glad it is working for me now. :D