What tactic are you using?

• Thread starter Thread starter W4NKER
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 314
  • Views Views 273K
I'm using a variation of goals galore from last game. Except had to change the amr/l to advanced playmakers. Its currently going well.

People are having sucsess with a 4-4-2, hmm have to try that out if the new tactic i made for liverpool doesnt work

Using 4-4-1-1/4-4-2 with Blackburn Rovers. Short passing, fluid, more expressive, cautious tackling, float crosses, man marking, more roaming.

D line is slightly high (due to a couple of defenders being a bit slow so don't want to go too high), and tempo is fairly quick with no target man being used. Working so far after gubbing Morecombe 5-1 (though after going 1-0 down), and currently in match against Wolves. Had to abandon 4-3-2-1. was just disastrous (should've known after losing 5-4 to Killie in a pre-season friendly). Though NONE of my goals have come directly from crosses, and NONE of the goals I've conceded likewise.

One tactic I won't be using again (especially when the previous were working so well) is a 4-1-2-1-2. Was ripped to shreds by Watford and down 3-0 by HT. Had to go 4-2-1-3 to get some credibility back and finish losing 3-2. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I am now going to pick up the hair I ripped out from my head.

One tactic I won't be using again (especially when the previous were working so well) is a 4-1-2-1-2. Was ripped to shreds by Watford and down 3-0 by HT. Had to go 4-2-1-3 to get some credibility back and finish losing 3-2. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I am now going to pick up the hair I ripped out from my head.

Haha, same as me actually, I tried to recreate the diamond that Man Utd are using just now, with Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson and Kagawa, got ripped apart, brought on Valencia and Nani about 55th minute and went to a 4-2-4, managed to stop getting outplayed but still lost. Really struggling to create some decent tactics in this game actually, weird considering I found Fm11 and Fm12 relatively simple, tactics wise.

Haha, same as me actually, I tried to recreate the diamond that Man Utd are using just now, with Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson and Kagawa, got ripped apart, brought on Valencia and Nani about 55th minute and went to a 4-2-4, managed to stop getting outplayed but still lost. Really struggling to create some decent tactics in this game actually, weird considering I found Fm11 and Fm12 relatively simple, tactics wise.

I'm sticking with 4-4-2 right now as I'm leading Norwich in the Carling Cup

Edit-just turned 1-1 as I was typing :@

Last edited:
I'm sticking with 4-4-2 right now as I'm leading Norwich in the Carling Cup

A flat 4-4-2 seems to be a good choice, a lot of people were talking about crosses being the way to go in the game, so I signed Bale for £24.5 million, and just told him and Valencia to get down the flanks and get the ball in for Van Persie and Rooney, seemed to work better than any other approach I took, still wasn't brilliant though.

A flat 4-4-2 seems to be a good choice, a lot of people were talking about crosses being the way to go in the game, so I signed Bale for £24.5 million, and just told him and Valencia to get down the flanks and get the ball in for Van Persie and Rooney, seemed to work better than any other approach I took, still wasn't brilliant though.

Crossing bug isn't even affecting me for either sides to be honest. All goals just normal-either mistakes are just accurate finishing. Prefer it that way as it's making it more exciting. Though at times causes some raging too lol

I welcome anything which makes the game harder and at the same time more realistic. I just hopes it pays off to spend hours upon hours analysing ones squad, finding out how to utilize the players in the best possible way and in which formation. I'd hate to see all that sometimes tedious work turning out being redundant, or simply not worth the time/energy/heart put into it.

It's really quite frustrating having to wait another eleven days for the boxed version.

A 4-4-2, in which I use a poacher and a complete forward support up front. Rest of the team has express instructions to punt it up to Agbonlahor - the poacher - every opportunity they get. The goals I am scoring are HILARIOUS.

I have started using the gird the tactic and changed it into a 4-2-3-1 and it kinda works. First season (note that I started using the tactic from the Fulham game); 34c080df8166fb59c17ad17f6d54fe2f.png, d265399bc8db325254d8d2d25eee9460.png. Second season; 25b9bb79ef31bf982a50a3f2d1eb20a9.png. Its not as good as FM12 but it is getting me results and maybe with a few tweaks it might be amazing.

Second season looks like pretty good with lot of cleansheets and only one loss.

No, because I know they won't work. They were specifically designed for the FM12 match engine which has been changed drastically.

Its been alright for me so far Hazza, pulled the two wide strikers out wide into the AML AMR slots, and tweaked a bit, corners arent working much, but i;m sure someone will find the corner bug soon enough.

Its been alright for me so far Hazza, pulled the two wide strikers out wide into the AML AMR slots, and tweaked a bit, corners arent working much, but i;m sure someone will find the corner bug soon enough.

I have found a corner bug which I score a lot from but I don't intend to release it at the moment as it's not incredibly effective.

A simple 4-4-2 with my Chester City side has been brilliant. I'm on a 13 match unbeaten run and have won 12 of them. No creative freedom or roaming set. Treq. and poacher up front.

I have found a corner bug which I score a lot from but I don't intend to release it at the moment as it's not incredibly effective.

Wait, so you found a corner that u score a lot from that doesnt work?? hows that exactly.. lol

Back