create a tactic mode is very useful. i am customised my tactic with 4-1-2-2-1. 1 point behind leaders after 12 games.

What sort of tactic do you guys think i should use in league 2 with a newly promoted team.?

Keep it simple Danny, play narrow and with a quick tempo, that's what I did with AFC Wimbledon and I got promoted 1st time in that league :)

Hi, I'm playing Tottenham Hotspur with this tailored tactic (4-1-1-3-1). I draw three times (Liverpool, Man City, and Aston Villa), suffer a defeat against Chelsea (5-1), and managed to beat Arsenal (3-1) and Man Utd (1-0). I'm sitting at the top of the table with 5 points clear from the 2nd rank, Chelsea. Most of my winning come in close margin, mostly 2-1 or 1-0. I never banged my opponents goal with plenty of goals. I am satisfied, except for the embarassing Chelsea match. Any other suggestion for me?

----------------------------------Gomes / Cudicini-------------------------------------- <-- Goalkeeper

Corluka/Hutton----Woodgate/Dawson----King/Bassong----Bale/Ekkoto <-- Defenders

--------------------------------Huddlestone / Jenas ---------------------------------- <-- Defensive Midfielder

---------------------------------Palacios / Kranjcar------------------------------------ <-- Central midfielder

Lennon / Bentley---Keane / Bostock ---Modric / Dos Santos-------------- <-- Winger Right and 2 AMC

-------------------------Defoe / Pavlyucenko / Crouch----------------------------- <-- Single striker

Last edited:
In my 2nd season as hull city i need help with tactic on my 1st season I finished 15th useing 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 this season i beat chelsea 3-0 lost to bolton 2-1 lost to liverpool 3-0 and lost to middlebrough 3-0 so i need a good tactic my players are in the images.
Attached Thumbnails

In my 2nd season as hull city i need help with tactic on my 1st season I finished 15th useing 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 this season i beat chelsea 3-0 lost to bolton 2-1 lost to liverpool 3-0 and lost to middlebrough 3-0 so i need a good tactic my players are in the images.

I would seriously reccomend downloadind an reading the TT&F 10. It will give you sound advice on tactic building and also has some classic tactics made that you can use.

Link:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1118

il have a look i guess i shud do it on my own or it wont feel right

Hi there. I would like your ideas on how to play with Arsenal in a 4-4-2 formation for Football Manager 2010. No new players
eduardo/bendner van Persie
Vela Nasri Fabregas Arshavin
glichy vermaelen gallas sagna
-------almunia-------------
My prefered style of play is attacking (at home) and counterattack when i'm playing away against good teams like Man Utd Chelsea or Liverpool and all the other good teams from UCL

Hi there. I would like your ideas on how to play with Arsenal in a 4-4-2 formation for Football Manager 2010. No new players
eduardo/bendner van Persie
Vela Nasri Fabregas Arshavin
glichy vermaelen gallas sagna
-------almunia-------------
My prefered style of play is attacking (at home) and counterattack when i'm playing away against good teams like Man Utd Chelsea or Liverpool and all the other good teams from UCL

Don't you think you need one or two defensive players in your midfield? Arshavin, Nasri, and Vela are all attacking players, while I doubt Fabregas has the ability to hold on to the enemy's attack.

Attacking

Ever since the early LMA manager I have adopted the youth mentality with all my teams and fm2010 is no change, I use a 'Wenger' style of management and try to snap up promising youngsters as my team and mature them into my tactics, its easier to sculpt a masterpiece from fresh clay than a second hand batch ;]
Now as you can see by this Screenshot my team isn't completely changed that is because I have just begun my time there, with boro's restricted funds I have had to delve into my youth banks of knowledge and pick out bruna raul schennikov etc all placed in my reserves who, this is crucial to my stage of tactics, use a moderated 'more free' version of my senior tactics. Call me mental but this is how I use logic and tutor the players through so they become adept to using my free roam tempod play
I use a 4-2-2-2 altered positions formation with 2 pacy fullbacks who cover the space in midfield and overlap when necessary to support the 2 AM players
my strikers are both using diff roles, one supports and one runs off balls and anticipates
my defence is tightly knit and is disciplined through training so they use the offside trap to perfection, Listen everyone variates on team instructions etc but I would suggest not too much width as you become a one trick pony
I use a holding midfielder who roams between backline and midfield and one that stays central and distributes
Although my squad does not look impressive right now it has been picking up results, 5 games played and only had one blip when I played my U-18s and got a 0-0 draw but you will possibly get deadend games with any tactics
All others have been clean sheetsand 4-8 goals scored against mediocre to poor oposition, I can not stress the importance of patience, if it doesn't work first game and you still dominated the game that is not a fault with tactics but its bad luck. I always suggest a 5 game review stage with new tactics play 5 review results, stats possesion etc and look at the areas to tweak and then do another 5 game review till you feel suited and comfortable in them.
Apart from the tactics.instruct for this 4-2-2-2 formation I haveanaway one which is aimedtshutting out opponents and breaking oncounter and works superbly on big teams
Untitled-4.png

Last edited:
Arsenal League Winners - FA Cup Quarter Finalist (Lost to Chelsea) - Carling Cup Winners - Champions League 1st Knockout Phase (Lost to Barcelona)

-------------------Almunia--------------------
-Sagna---Gallas---Vermalaen---Clichy-
-----------Fabregas---Toulalon------------
----Walcott-----Arshavin---Jovetic-----
----------------Van Persie-------------------

- Senderos Sold for 9m, Gibbs Loaned to Everton for 2.2m, Merida Loaned for 1m, Diaby loaned to Sunderland for £1.5m (Entire reserve team sent out on season long loan with wages paid by loaning club in full).

- Jovetic signed for £14m plus future clauses, Toulalon signed for £17m plus future clauses (after tonnes of negotiation).

Van Persie Target man to feet, Arshavin inside forward behind Van Persie, Jovetic and Walcott attacking wingers, Fabregas advanced playmaker (with high creative freedom and through balls often), and Toulalon Ball winning midfielder. Defence unchanged

Im playing with manchester city in this formation -

Given
Richards - Toure - Mexes - Bridge
De Rossi
Bari
Wright Phillips ----------------- Robinho
Tevez - Adebayor​

I'm playing the game since 2007 but I never been good in tactics :\
thanks.

Any tactic that you think that would be good for Porto?

Man United
2009/10
Van Der Sar
O Shea,Vidic,Ferdinand,Evra
Valencia,Hamsik,Fletcher,Silva
Rooney,Berbatov

i am dulwich hamlet in a lower league, have the best squad in that league not that it means much

Man United
2009/10
Van Der Sar
O Shea,Vidic,Ferdinand,Evra
Valencia,Hamsik,Fletcher,Silva
Rooney,Dzeko

flat 4-4-2 or 4-4-2 with AML and AMR

anyone got a good tactic for birmingham city iv brought couple of players in any help would be greatfull......

For Football Manager 2010

Please give details of which team your using,what players are in your squad and your prefered formation and style of play.
hi,

I need help. I am quite new player. I manage West Ham, and I don't know which tactic I should use?
could you please give me some tips?

regards
Marcin

man untided tactic im getting skinned and they always score early an then at the end

My Man Utd Squad Need Tactics...

Alryt guys Ill Give You My Squad And Usual Tactics..

Please Can You Give Me Some Pointers, Doing Well Just Conceding Too Many And Don't Really Know Who To Use As My Main Playmaker.

I Play....

4-2-3-1

GK: Akinfeev
RB: Santon (Richards)
CB: Ferdinand (Vidic)
CB: Terry (C)
LB: Evra (Marcelo)
MC: Gerrard (Anderson)
MC: Kaka
RW: Cristiano Ronaldo (Ronaldinho)
LW: Messi (Marquinhos)
AM: Lodeiro (Silva)
ST: Villa (Rooney)

Lodeiro is a 'Wonderkid' and playing so well so got him in instead of Silva

I also Have Aguero, James Beattie (Good Poacher and 'Sometimes' supersub) Owen (Naff) Ananidze (young) and Kompany.

I know its an edited database you don't have to tell me.

Would just like advide on how you guys would play this team. Also how to improve.