What Tactic should i use?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 398K
I've got a little question to you guys:
I started a game with Boro on 10.2 and ran JP Woodys (amazing) now with 10.3 out i patched. Does the patch affect the old save tactic/gameplay wise or will it just work when i start a new game?

When u start new game you will be able to start game with new patch.

Heres my problem
I'm in my own custom superleague game with 12 other people, now we all had 100-120 million to spend
I bought in bulk and depth
However my formation and usually strong tactic for 4231 isnt working
heres my dilemna-normally I dont incorporate a targetman so basically im looking for advice how to best fit it in or indeed if someone has a nice template for it
Im playing
RB Rafinha-wingback role, Lahm LB-wingback role
Ignabeshivich and Van Buyten CB Defend
Van Bommel Deep lying Playamker-Defend-CM
SChweinsteiger/Gourcuff/Misimovic/Altintop Advanced playmaker support CM
AMC-Alex Attackin midfielder Support
Ribery AML Inside forward support
Robben AMR Inside forward support
Gomez Striker-Complete forward
anyone suggest some tactical adjustments?
Im thinking complete reshape of what i normally use to incorporate target man-crosses often from byline maybe and instead of drilled default?

Hi Guys,

Could do with a tactic for Tottenham Hotspur, Have a good squad which one the league first year but now struggling to get results in the second season.

Squad:

GK - Gomes
RB - Srna
LB - Bale
CB - King
CB- Woodgate
RM - Lennon
LM-Modric
CM-Gourcoff
CM- Hamsik/Polacios
ST-Defoe
ST- Balotelli

Don't seem to be getting the best out of any of players, besides Modric who is simply brilliant.

Notts County, starting 5th season, (4th season finished 11th in Premier League).
In brackets are the next best players in my squad for that position.
GK: Sergio Romero
RB: Andre Bikey (Used as a full back)
LB: Fabio (Used as a full back)
CB: Johan Djourou
CB: Mirel Radoi
DM: Massimo Ambrosini (Used as an anchor man)
CM: Franck Ribery (Used as an advanced playmaker)
CM: Marco Verratti
AM: Diego Buonanotte
ST: Nicklas Bendtner (Used as a complete forward)
ST: Tomas Necid (Used as a target man)

Other players in squad:
Regen GK named Dominic Stephan
Regen CB named Fabrizio Torrisi
Regen CB/DM/CM Aldo Gimenez (Only regen that is currently worthy of being on the subs bench)
Daniel Opare
Bjornar Holmvik
Lee Naylor
Marcos Senna
Nemanja Matic
Simeon Jackson (Surprisingly good for me in the Premiership)
Roman Pavlyuchenko
Roque Santa Cruz
Daniel Sturridge (usually put on if I need a good boost in speed toward the end of a game)

Currently using a 4-1-2-1-2, hoping to change to another formation to best the best out of Buonanotte and Ribery.
Unsure of who to put on the bench.
Also unsure of how to use my strikers, currently have Bendtner as a complete forward and Necid as a target man. Any suggestions?

Hi guys, new to the forum so please be nice :)

Just finished my first season with my beloved Manchester United. Finished 4 points off top, Semi-final of CL, 5th round of FA Cup and won League Cup. This is a very dissapointing season in my opinion. I reckon I should either be winning the PL or the CL, although in fairness to me Chelsea were scraping ALOT of wins and definitely deserved to win the PL.

The players seemed to be happy throughout the whole season apart from the odd player feeling like he was being treated unfairly, but the issue was always resolved. I used a normal 4-4-2 in the majority of my domestic games apart from playing Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and City where a played a 4-3-3 with two attacking wingers and 1 DMC. I did very well against the top 5 with my 4-3-3 winning the majority of my games. Although when using my 4-3-3 against smaller teams I seemed to be getting a lot of 0-0 and 1-1 draws.

I also rarely seemed to play free-flowing football. I made quite a few signings in my first summer, most noticeably bringing in David Silva. Him being the only one of my new signings I would consider in my first 11.

My starting 11 - 4-4-2

-------------------------------------VDS------------------------------------
Brown---------------Rio---------------------Vidic---------------Evra
Valencia--------Carrick/Fletcher------Anderson---------Nani/Silva
----------------------Rooney---------------Berbatov--------------------

For a home formation: Ideally I would like my fullbacks to over lap the wingers whenever possible. I would also like my wingers to attack the opposition's full backs, both cutting inside and going wide to get crosses in. I would also like one CM lying quite deep to collect the ball from the Defenders to restart play. And another CM making forward runs with the ball creating chances, both laying it off to the attacking wingers and feeding through balls to the two strikers when possible. I would also like one of the strikers to play a bit deeper than the other, collecting the ball from the attacking midfielder when need be and helping out in feeding the main striker in on goal.

Away formation: A similar formation than the home one but more cautious. The attacking CM wouldn't get forward as much and would help out in the midfield dirty work and relying on the two wingers and the strikers more to create chances. I would also l like the deep lying striker to come deeper to collect the ball, almost playing the same role as the attacking CM in the home formation. The full backs would also not get forward as much.

This is pretty much the way United play in real life which are the formations/tactics I am ideally looking for.

If anyone could help me out here, I would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

I need a good tactic for my Juve team. I'm in my secon sesson and i'm not doing very good.
I use this line-up:
Buffon - De Ceglie, Sakho, Chiellini, Opare - Diego(MC), Marchisio(MC) - Giovinco(AML), Camoranessi(AMR) - Amauri, Aguero.
Someone can also tell me what roles are best for my players.

have you tried my tactics? i´m getting pretty good results with them.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/very-good-tactics-t32455.html
Cheers mate!
Your 'tridente' tactic is great!
Here are my games played with the tactic:

MURCIA 3-0 Almeria
Villareal 3-2 MURCIA
MURCIA 2-2 Sociedad
Racing 0-0 MURCIA
MURCIA 3-0 Cadiz
Osasuna 1-2 MURCIA
MURCIA 2-1 Athletic Bilbao
Valladolid 1-2 MURCIA

I don't use it when facing giants, as I choose to be defensive.

Thanks mate.
You save me from relegation...

Cheers mate!
Your 'tridente' tactic is great!
Here are my games played with the tactic:

MURCIA 3-0 Almeria
Villareal 3-2 MURCIA
MURCIA 2-2 Sociedad
Racing 0-0 MURCIA
MURCIA 3-0 Cadiz
Osasuna 1-2 MURCIA
MURCIA 2-1 Athletic Bilbao
Valladolid 1-2 MURCIA

I don't use it when facing giants, as I choose to be defensive.

Thanks mate.
You save me from relegation...

i´m glad you like it.
if you have any sugestions on how to improve it please share it with me, i would really like to hear them.
i use it either with strong teams or weaker ones and i get good results with either of them.

Last edited:
hey guys,
im using liverpool and nearly won everything..

fitst season:

reina
G.johnson Carragher Agger Insua

Mascherano Aquilani

benayoun gerrard babel
Torres
won EPL, Carling and Runner up at Champions League (lost to Real Madrid)

second season i changed the formation

Akinfeev
G.johnson Carragher Skrtel Insua

Mascherano Gerrard
Marin Afellay
Morimoto Torres

now im leading EPL, motimoto score 20 from 23 games
Torres scored 20 from 26 games..

sold agger and reina to city because they want new challenge

When using fm 2010 before the 10.3 patch my Wigan team were great. I would tell them to get ball foward, play it wide and pass to feet or even shoot on sight. This would work very well until i tried to use it in the 10.3 patch it simply doesn't work. My team would win 3-0 maybe 4-0 and the odd time conceed a few goals but now im losing like 3-0, 4-0 etc.I would like help to find a tactic that would suit a Wigan team looking to play free flowing attacking football if possible.

Squad:

GK- Chris Kirkland
Def- Melchiot/ Bramble/Caldwell/Figueroa
Def Mid- Diame or Scharner
Midfield- Mccarthy/ Nzogbia out wide
Att Mid- Gomez
Strikers- Rodallega/Moreno or Scotland

It's a 4-4-2 diamond but with wide players.

Last edited:
What tactics to use for my Chelsea team? I using now 4-5-1 but i'm not happy with it.
GK - Cech;
DR - Srna; DC - Demichelis; DC - Terry; DL - Kolarov;
MC - Essien / Obi Mikel; MC - Kaka
AMR - Cole; AMC - Gourcuff; AML - Zhirkov;
FC - Fabiano
I need a tactic with mid wingers because Zhirkov is to good to let him out of the team (last season he had 24 assists). I prefer a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 tactic because my midfielder are really good but I'm open to any idea :). Please someone help me!

What tactics to use for my Chelsea team? I using now 4-5-1 but i'm not happy with it.
GK - Cech;
DR - Srna; DC - Demichelis; DC - Terry; DL - Kolarov;
MC - Essien / Obi Mikel; MC - Kaka
AMR - Cole; AMC - Gourcuff; AML - Zhirkov;
FC - Fabiano
I need a tactic with mid wingers because Zhirkov is to good to let him out of the team (last season he had 24 assists). I prefer a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 tactic because my midfielder are really good but I'm open to any idea :). Please someone help me!

Would you like to be spoon fed with an actually tacticfile or do you want suggestions on what formation to use and what roles to implement on some players ?

Would you like to be spoon fed with an actually tacticfile or do you want suggestions on what formation to use and what roles to implement on some players ?

Can you do that for me please?
My team is further up on this page, if you can be bothered to look.

Can you do that for me please?
My team is further up on this page, if you can be bothered to look.
The spon or the hints ?
I know it is, its in my quote ;D

Anyway, I only use the classic mode and sets of tactics and in my thread, there is a wide 4231 that should be really good for this team.

im yeovil town... all original players, cant get any form of solid performances in...8k budget..nt much to work with...i need tactics bad! help! before i lose my mind!

Need help with Celtic . First season won the league and done well in Europe , now into second season I'm struggling for results and don't seem to be getting the best out of my players , especially my midfield
I play a 4-2-3-1
GK : Boruc
DR : Razvan Rat
DL : Diego Renan
DC : Andiry Rusol
DC : Gary Caldwell
DM : Ognjen Vukojevic
DM : Ki Sung-Yong
AMR : Aiden McGeady
AML : Angel Di Maria
AMC : Simon Vukcevic
ST :Arouna Kone/Jonathan Cristaldo