What Tactic Suits My Team?

lol i think they are to afraid to ask on a fm 10 one becuase they think someone will close it ^^)

Hi everyone,

I just bought FM09, it's the first FM I ever played. So u won't find a bigger noob. I thought: let's start easy, so I choose Man City. I bought me a nice team (as I've read in many threads here), but the tactics department is not easy to learn. Can someone help me with a good tactic to start with, on which I can work further to adapt them to the specific needs of my team? Thanks a lot!

My team:
GK: Given / Hart
RB: Srna
CB: Dunne
CB: Richards / Kompany
LB: Bridge / Mamadou Sakho
RM: Wright-Philips / Ireland
CM: Palombo / Johnson
CM: Veloso / Elano
LM: Zhirkov / Petrov
FC: Vagner Love / Sturridge
FC: Cardozo / Robinho

Hi everyone,

I just bought FM09, it's the first FM I ever played. So u won't find a bigger noob. I thought: let's start easy, so I choose Man City. I bought me a nice team (as I've read in many threads here), but the tactics department is not easy to learn. Can someone help me with a good tactic to start with, on which I can work further to adapt them to the specific needs of my team? Thanks a lot!

My team:
GK: Given / Hart
RB: Srna
CB: Dunne
CB: Richards / Kompany
LB: Bridge / Mamadou Sakho
RM: Wright-Philips / Ireland
CM: Palombo / Johnson
CM: Veloso / Elano
LM: Zhirkov / Petrov
FC: Vagner Love / Sturridge
FC: Cardozo / Robinho
why not buy fm10 instead lol oO)

anyway, i highly recommend this few tactics. do give them a shot

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f59/best-football-on-fm09-new-tactics-t19874.html (1 of my favorites)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f59/tylerbode-tactic-amazing-results-t13524.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f59/brian-clough-tactics-version-2-t16630.html

hope these help. :D

Thanks, I will try them this evening! I bought FM09 because it was cheap, and I wanted to try it first before I would buy the new (and more expensive) version :)

I just start playing with AV and i don't know which tactic will best for my team.

Last edited:
I need a tactic for my first season with man. city.
GK Given
LB Bridge/Lescott
CB Hangeland
CB Touré/Lescott
RB Richards/Touré
LM Robinho/Jotevic
CM Barry
CM Van der Vaart/Ireland
RM Walcott
ST Tevez
ST Adebayor/Bellamy/Santa Cruz

hey i need help with a tactic for peterborough united. im in the championship and fighting relegation :'(

A Very Good Atletico Madrid Tactic

Hello,

I've been playing FM2009 again for 3 seasons now. I've found very good players, saved money and made very good transfers, I think I have a very good squad that can and should be able to dominate the league even though Barcelona FC. and Real Madrid is there. But my managerial abilities go as far as acquiring good players and I feel I suck at tactics and Training.

Anyway, here is my squad, 2 different tactics that i think might work and coach suggestions etc. I'd very happy If you guys can help me out for building a better tactical approach for my team.

Thanks in advance.

I've just started with hoffenheim, i dont plan on selling anyone and with my 1.7 mil i wont be buying anyone who makes a huge difference,

what formations do you recommend?

I have Barca but i have sold Ibra and bought Villa and mariga

hi can u help me im using wolfsburg
player is
fw : dzeko martins grafite smolarek
mf : gentner misimovic josue santana dejagah ziani wolze hasebe kahlenberg munteanu
df : otamendi pekarik ricardocosta madlung barzagli alvim riether schafer brunosilva simunek
gk : benaglio lungjr

now im using
gk
dr dc dc dl
dm
mr ml
amc
st st

can u give me another better tactic?
thx

Hey, looking for a tactic for Tottenham in the 10.3 patch, here is my squad-

Untitled-3.png

Also looking to buy Van der Vaart soon.

hi,
i'm lookin for a good tactic that suit my team, inter milan ..

I usually prefer 4-1-2-1-2

my squad :
gk: julio cesar
micon - samuel - nicolas otamendi - santon \\\\\ sub : renan, sakho, neven subotic, fazio

cambiasso sub : veloso

hamsik - - - - gourcuff \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ sub : montolivo

rakitic \\\ sub :jovetic

dzeko -- aguero \\\\ sub :balotelli

i need to create a good instructions for the 2 central mids, rakitic,dzeko, and aguero ..

thanks alot

Hey!

At the moment, i'm managing Blackpool in Premier League in the first season. But it's not going very well. I don't really know how i should play, but right now i'm playing a 4-4-2 with this line-up:

Paul Rachubka

Neal Eardley - Steven Caldwell - Silvestre - Stephen Crainey

Gary-Taylor Fletcher - Jakob Poulsen - David Vaughan - Charlie Adam

Brett Ormerod - Marlon Harewood

Suggestiong?

Need help for the perfect Tottenham

Hey I'm currently playing with tottenham and apparently I'm having hard time to score against many teams like PAOK and Preston. I was expecting scoring like maybe 3-0 or 4-1 from them but i was only able to get 1-0 and even a 0-0 against PAOK.
My line up is:
GK: Gomes
FB-Right: Rotation of Gareth Bale and Vargas (put in Automatic)
FB-Left: Glen Johnson (put in Automatic also)
CD: Dawson, King, Bassong (Corluka if all three are injured)
CM: Huddlestone
AMF: Palacios
Winger Right: Lennon
Winger Left: Modric or Bently
ST: Defoe is a must and usually the rotation of the second striker is crouch and Keane

If you, it's also a good thing to give advice on the roles of the player that i had put above and maybe if there is need to change just tell me. Here are some screenshot of my team bellow.