What Team Should I be? - FM 2014

Looking for a team in Championship with good young players, maybe potential wonderkids that could well transist to EPL if a promotion was won.

Mate a lot of the teams in Championship have a LOT of history, despite being lousy now.

I’m looking to do a Home-grown Challenge and trying to decide on a team. Want one with pretty good facilities but not looking to be one of the best teams.

A few teams I’m thinking of are:

RSC Anderlecht (Belgium)
Racking Club Genk (Belgium)
Malmo FF (Sweden)
FC Skonto Riga (Latvia)
Stade Rennais (France)
AO Skoda Xanthi (Greece)

I’m open to suggestions too :)

Bibao would be quite good as you can only sign Basque players. Once you get them to a level of Barcelona and Real you can poach the best youngsters

Mate a lot of the teams in Championship have a LOT of history, despite being lousy now.

In LFC update Leeds have

Byram
Mowatt
Cook

Birmingham have a couple on Jan update that look settled to me in my early period in the prem

Brown
Dermai Gray
Callum Reilly
Hancox

I wouldn't call any of them wonderkids but youngsters with potential to be able to compete in a good Prem side in the future

I’m looking to do a Home-grown Challenge and trying to decide on a team. Want one with pretty good facilities but not looking to be one of the best teams.

RSC Anderlecht (Belgium)
Malmo FF (Sweden)
FC Skonto Riga (Latvia)
Stade Rennais (France)
AO Skoda Xanthi (Greece)

Anderlecht is the best choice out of all of them purely because of the beasts you have in Tielemans and Mitrovic who go onto dominate the world if you can keep them that is... Real and others will come calling frequently to say the least.

Stade Rennais and Genk are pretty cool too. Stade and Genk have good facilities and players you can bring up. In addition to this, not a lot is expected of you apart from a Europa League spot in the league or a high to middle table finish. Having said that, the league is quite tricky due to the top 7 sides being of similar strengths. Ekangmene is one of the promising Genk players to look out for. Axel Ngando and Paul Georges Ntep are two bright youngsters in the Stade Rennais team

RSC Anderlecht (Belgium)
Malmo FF (Sweden)
FC Skonto Riga (Latvia)
Stade Rennais (France)
AO Skoda Xanthi (Greece)

Have had two amazing saves with Malmö, since I'm from Sweden, and I can strongly recommend them. You've got some decent talents and great facilities, and Allsvenskan is pretty tight with several potential titel contenders.

I managed to win the EL with them first season, even tough they don't have that many starplayers. Qualify to CL first season and you'll be financially dominant and can buy pretty much anyone you want from the other swedish teams.

Downside is that the swedish league is played March-November, so you might lose players in the middle of the season to european clubs. Otherwise, as I said, I can really recommend them!

Cheers mate.

Looking for a fun save in England on the summer transfer update.

Any ideas?

Good team on LFCMarshall's update, lower/middle top division side, or second division side with a chunk of money and won't be too difficult to get them promoted/into europe.

How much do middlesborough get?

Good team on LFCMarshall's update, lower/middle top division side, or second division side with a chunk of money and won't be too difficult to get them promoted/into europe.

I just started one, they get 4m but the chairman is TIGHT-POCKETS!

I like the signings that Hull have made this summer so I my first game on FM15 will be with them. Makes a change from me being the team I support for the first game every time :)

I'am looking for a team I can start my long career with. I little team that is easy to win and gain rep with.
I want to start little and build my self up to a big and great team.

Preferred League:Europe

Financial information: Some money to play with

Using LFCMarshalls update.

Last edited:
I want some advice on what sleeping giant I should do a fantasy save game with. I want it to be easy and basically just give my team higher rep, wage and transfer budgets and bring some sleeping giant back to life. I don't want to start a long term save right now as there is not long until FM15 will be released and just want to do one fun save.

My ideas for a sleeping giants are teams like Deportivo La Coruna, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Pro Vercelli, AS Saint Etienne among others.
Which team should I pick? I'm very interested in a Deportivo save at the moment

I'am looking for a team I can start my long career with. I little team that is easy to win and gain rep with.
I want to start little and build my self up to a big and great team.

Preferred League:Europe

Financial information: Some money to play with

Using LFCMarshalls update.

Wolfsburg start with 8 million and have a few good players :)

I want some advice on what sleeping giant I should do a fantasy save game with. I want it to be easy and basically just give my team higher rep, wage and transfer budgets and bring some sleeping giant back to life. I don't want to start a long term save right now as there is not long until FM15 will be released and just want to do one fun save.

My ideas for a sleeping giants are teams like Deportivo La Coruna, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Pro Vercelli, AS Saint Etienne among others.
Which team should I pick? I'm very interested in a Deportivo save at the moment

Pro Vercelli sounds the most interesting out of them all

Leeds are extremely difficult, if you like a challenge, pick them

Ok, so a few seasons ago i did a save with Hercules in La liga when they had Trezeguet. Although i didn't do great i really enjoyed the save.

So my question is can anyone think of a team (europe) that is in the top league in their country but one of the weaker teams in the league but they have one/two STAR players. Like Hercules had Trezeguet and that was about it.

Obviously people opinion will differ on star players but just some suggestions would help?

I was thinking Leicester with Cambiasso.