What the **** is wrong with finances in this game!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webbmt12

Reaction score
So far I have managed three teams on this game; Manchester United (BETA), QPR and Brighton both recently. At Man U I was given 60 million to spend after my first season; and only 20 million, with no excess wage budget, after my second. This was after I had won the league once and champions league twice.

At QPR after a season finishing in 10th place- respectable considering their real position- i was given only 8 million and again a limited wage budget to spend to attempt to improve the side. Bear in mind QPR spent 20 million on players after just one season in the league last year.

Finally, I took Brighton to the play- off final where I conceded a stupid goal from a cross that somehow went in to the net, and then got beat in the penalties. I thought, OK I can improve the side in the summer and push for promotion next year. Then I was given 350K and no wage budget! I mean how unrealistic can these budgets get? They're completely off par in comparison to the kind of money spent in real life. For example, Brighton spent a million in the summer and 3.8 million the year before.

Before you SI ars- lickers start saying I'm over budget or not handling wages properly (because in real life managers negotiate every contract, even staff, and handle every facet of finance- NOT) I have been under budget and cautious in every save.

Finance is just one of the many problems with this game but I dont have time to go into those annoyances we all know about but which continue to be ignored by SI. I am pitifully disappointed with this game, it's a massive step down from FM 12 and even less realistic. I will definitely be downloaded the in game finance editor from FM scout, it's the only way to ensure proper finances. I will give myself 5 million to spend with no wage excess- a realistic amount of money I think for a team like Brighton who have a 30 000 seater stadium and a fairly rich owner.

Rant over.

'The most realistic football simulation game in the world'- Bollocks.

I got 14 million with Brighton after I won the Npwr in season 1...

I got 14 million with Brighton after I won the Npwr in season 1...

I actually don't believe you. It can't just be my computer or ******** me over r something. Why would Brighton be given 14 million when I was given only 8 with QPR.

Well, did you spend all that money during these seasons ? If so, would you say that there are still lots of money in the club to finance transfer budgets as big as the previous seasons ? Are the clubs looking to earn money or loose during the season etc etc ?

The Brighon scenario is naturally a bug. If it's with he latest patch, I would contact SI as no club would have zero wage budget.

to be honest this is by far the best FM game i have played, lots of amazing little bits and bobs and i ave no probs with the ME or finances....but everyone is diff

to be honest this is by far the best FM game i have played, lots of amazing little bits and bobs and i ave no probs with the ME or finances....but everyone is diff

If it weren't for the little problems here and there it would be a great game. It just annoys me that I have to download an external financial editor, when it's updated in a few days, to enjoy it.

Well, did you spend all that money during these seasons ? If so, would you say that there are still lots of money in the club to finance transfer budgets as big as the previous seasons ? Are the clubs looking to earn money or loose during the season etc etc ?

The Brighon scenario is naturally a bug. If it's with he latest patch, I would contact SI as no club would have zero wage budget.

I joined mid season after getting sacked by QPR in my second year. I checked the previous transfers and the manager had spent 3 million and the budget has gone down to 350k. There is also 3 mil in the bank, but the way money seems to fall out of the accounts in this game i wouldn't be surprised if this went in about 2 weeks.

There's no point in me contacting SI, they won't do anything.

I joined mid season after getting sacked by QPR in my second year. I checked the previous transfers and the manager had spent 3 million and the budget has gone down to 350k. There is also 3 mil in the bank, but the way money seems to fall out of the accounts in this game i wouldn't be surprised if this went in about 2 weeks.

Ok

Hi, I'm an SI arselicker :p

There are other things to take into account aswell. Ambition of the chairman, how much he has of his own money, how much money comes into the club aswell as going out, tv money, and also how good he is financially. As gameplayers we have no idea whatsoever what happens behind the doors of a club financially-only what comes out in the press. There's going to be an absolute tonne of stuff to consider

Hope that sheds a bit more light

Last edited:

On the contrary, they do, constantly, otherwise there wouldnt be patches would there.

If you think its a bug, raise it in their bugs thread

Oh, and keep the "SI arselicker" nonsense out. I'm sure its perfectly possible to post without having to get personal and take digs at anyone.

On the contrary, they do, constantly, otherwise there wouldnt be patches would there.

If you think its a bug, raise it in their bugs thread

Oh, and keep the "SI arselicker" nonsense out. I'm sure its perfectly possible to post without having to get personal and take digs at anyone.

Only a joke and I'll try.

I agree but when the chairman has allowed previous managers to spend millions and I only get 350k there's obviously something going wrong.

Maybe the previous millions spent have impacted on this. You spent £80m in 2 seasons at Man United??? Hardly a pittance and don't QPR have a gazillion players on 50k per week plus which would impact on the transfer budget! How are these bugs?

Maybe the previous millions spent have impacted on this. You spent £80m in 2 seasons at Man United??? Hardly a pittance and don't QPR have a gazillion players on 50k per week plus which would impact on the transfer budget! How are these bugs?

I got 60 million budget after my first season winning the champions league which is the around the usual amount fergie spends every summer. Then after another season winning the champions league and finishing second I was given only 20 million with little to nothing in the wage budget which is tiny.

As for QPR their key players are on high wages but we all know that the owners are ambitious. Look at the money they spent on players like Granero and the way they've spent massive funds in fees sacking previous managers. Do you seriously think if they stay up this season Harry Redknapp will be given only 8 million to spend like I was?

Bugs are terrible mate, i hate spending money on things that don't work fully.

I got 60 million budget after my first season winning the champions league which is the around the usual amount fergie spends every summer. Then after another season winning the champions league and finishing second I was given only 20 million with little to nothing in the wage budget which is tiny.

As for QPR their key players are on high wages but we all know that the owners are ambitious. Look at the money they spent on players like Granero and the way they've spent massive funds in fees sacking previous managers. Do you seriously think if they stay up this season Harry Redknapp will be given only 8 million to spend like I was?

United do not spend 60m every summer. Bear in mind we are carrying very heavy interest payments on debt.

Redknapp will have money, but also needs to offload players too.

That said, if you do think its a bug definitely bring it up. They'll either agree with you, or explain why it isnt and how it works. Either way you will get some kind of answer. They will probably ask you you to upload their save

Yeh but they would never give him a tiny 20 mil after winning the champions league. Anyway, I'll bring it up sometime soon, obviously it's driving me mad.

United never spend that much in summer and are paying interest on huge debts, can't expect to get 60mil every year if you spend it every time, that money just doesn't get replaced.

As for QPR so what if they spent big once? Doesn't mean they'll keep throwing wave after wave of money at the club, 8mil transfer budget for a team on fairly high wages and struggling to finish above relegation is pretty good going.

Like Mike said, they'll probably ask you to upload the save for them to have a look themselves but honestly I don't see the issue.

If you were in my shoes you would see the issue. I WON THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TWICE.

I agree but when the chairman has allowed previous managers to spend millions and I only get 350k there's obviously something going wrong.

The chairman takes into account your reputation, how long you have been at the club, etc. So although they should obviously have more than that - it does show why their is a difference between you and the previous manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.