What the **** is wrong with finances in this game!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But for a lot of people, I think, i don't think they would care if the finances were a little softer. It would make the game more successful.

I mean how unrealistic can these budgets get

- a realistic amount of money I think for a team like Brighton who have a 30 000 seater stadium and a fairly rich owner.

and then...

But for a lot of people, I think, i don't think they would care if the finances were a little softer. It would make the game more successful.

They should sacrifice 'realism' (it isn't realistic anyway) for entertainment. The majority of players only want to build great squads and win many things. They aren't interested in 'the real life debt crisis'- personally I just want to chill when I play the game, not get a lesson on economics

So basiclly, you want to decide how much money the club has. You want it to be realistic, but not if realism makes you have less money than you want??

So basiclly, you want to decide how much money the club has. You want it to be realistic, but not if realism makes you have less money than you want??

'Realism' no longer means how closely a game mirrors real life for the vocal minority of FM players. It just means how close it is to their perceived reality.

The day realism is sacrificed to make things easier just to build successful squads without putting the work in would be the day I'd stop playing to be honest. I'd rather do something that helps me learn more as I go along, instead of winning everything at the drop of hat a la FM 12

I want the finances to be more realistic at the moment. Harry Redknapp for example will be given way more than 8 million if he survives in the summer. But as I've thought about it more and more. I think that FM would be a far more interesting and entertaining game, for the majority, if budgets and finances were more generous (not too generous). The games would be more successful if the game sacrificed so called 'realism' and instead gave more money for players to improve their squads- which means more fun. It's a sensible idea for a business like SI to adopt.

If they continue to make the game more difficult and frustrating then they will lose customers and the games expansion will be limited.

It might stop you playing but it would bring far more players in and so SI make more of the monies.

A club gets 30 million from winning the champions league so I effectively covered my 60 million spend by winnning the champions league twice, why then I would I only be allowed 20 million in my third season?

No because you are losing about 8 million a month alone on debt repayments. Not to mention monthly wages, bonuses fees, taxes, non football cost. Have you looked at the finances screen? No wonder you cant see why you only get 20 million

Last edited:
I want the finances to be more realistic at the moment. Harry Redknapp for example will be given way more than 8 million if he survives in the summer. But as I've thought about it more and more. I think that FM would be a far more interesting and entertaining game, for the majority, if budgets and finances were more generous (not too generous). The games would be more successful if the game sacrificed so called 'realism' and instead gave more money for players to improve their squads- which means more fun. It's a sensible idea for a business like SI to adopt.

If they continue to make the game more difficult and frustrating then they will lose customers and the games expansion will be limited.

Want more money: use the editor. FM isnt about skewing core realism to get more people. But if people want that they can do it themselves with the editor. Thats why its there

Want more money: use the editor. FM isnt about skewing core realism to get more people. But if people want that they can do it themselves with the editor. Thats why its there

I'm actually surprised the editor hasn't been mentioned. Though I guess being so frustrated about one thing can make people forget it's there

So in short there isnt actually anything inherently wrong with the finances.

If you have any data issues please post them on the SI data threads

/end thread.

I'm actually surprised the editor hasn't been mentioned. Though I guess being so frustrated about one thing can make people forget it's there

Initially it was thought that there was an issue with finances. Turns out thats not the case. if he wants more money he can use the editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.