What the **** is wrong with finances in this game!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I got promoted to the prem with cardiff they give me 4m and 25kwage budget? Although I did sell some players to get extra cash

I signed some great players out of that so it's quite surprising what you can do with little amount of money I finished my first season 9th!

You do not get an increased transfer budget as a reward for winning the Champions League (that would be your wage packet). The transfer budget is an amount of money the board give you to help you achieve your objectives.

If you've won the CL two years in a row, what on earth do you need another £60m for?

5 million for a championship side is very unrealistic! look at the net transfer spends of all clubs in the championship 90% of clubs dont spend more than £350k and about 40% make profit from selling players!

I dont see the problem here with brighton failing to be promoted so they give you 350k and no extra wages. Pretty normal for a team who need to pay off a new big stadium and havent had any premier league money. Its not like they go around splashing the cash irl and im guessing that is to do with paying debts regarding the stadium ect. Simple dont be brighton if you want money to spend instead of being them and complaining you have no money and the game is broken :S
Since when did man u spend 60 mill each summer have they ever? If u spend more one season your budget will be effected for the next surely or should man u have an endless pot of gold unlike real life?

This is pretty straight forward:

1) You spent like £60m a season for two years! United can't sustain that sort of spending considering they spend the majority of their money on loan payments and wages. Stop spending or sell a player, SAF doesn't spend £60m a year! The only thing you need is to stop spunking away money!

2) QPR have the 7th highest wage bill in the league! It is crippling to have such a high wage bill when they are such a small club with a terrible stadium. No wonder they aren't able to give you much to spend in the second season! Cut your wages down and you will see you should start to make money, and in the long run you will receive higher transfer budgets due to the increase in TV money. How you can describe QPR's budget as 'limited' is beyond me.

3) You're Brighton.. What do you expect? In real life, Brighton spent £0 this season, last season they spent £0, & the season before that they spent £1.3m ...And yes they have a fantastic stadium but a lot of that money goes towards paying the debt off! No idea why you would expect them to be given a £5m budget.

Stop blaming the game for your poor financial management.

I was having the same issues on my Hull season, I had around about 350k for transfer and about 10k wage. Major issue being was had a projected balance of 3m and it was going down every month.

It seemed very hard to maintain your finances in the game as I was losing a lot of money and it seemed it was either; get promoted or go in debt.

I completely agree with Aannddyy. I think the game is more realistic than the last one. And it's not always realisme we want in a game. :)

Does anyone know if the financial fair play rules are taken into account the game? Because this may also be a cause I'm don't know if they have but brightons income won't be that high so that would explain that also qpr will hermorrage money with that wage budget then with united they have a big wage bill and the loan repayments. These of course will be factors only if FFP is taken into account in the game

I would say that the reason for this " issue" is just that there is a differenece between what the user wants and how the game actually works.

Does anyone know if the financial fair play rules are taken into account the game? Because this may also be a cause I'm don't know if they have but brightons income won't be that high so that would explain that also qpr will hermorrage money with that wage budget then with united they have a big wage bill and the loan repayments. These of course will be factors only if FFP is taken into account in the game

There have been new additions to take into account the financial crisis, new world regulations that sort of thing. Can't remember exactly how in depth they go though

1.) Ok he spends closer to £40 million when he needs, sorry I got my facts wrong. If Man Utd won the Champions league twice, surely they would allow him a much bigger budget to buy quality and sustain their positions. What annoys me is that even after winning the Champions league, there was only 20 Million in the bank and money was falling out of the club at a ridiculous rate. It's as if sponsors, ticket sales, tv deals and owner investment do not have any effect.

2.)QPR have a large wage bill, buts thats because they want to become a large club like the other big teams. The owners will continue to spend big and invest in the club if they survive this season- we all know that. The money I was given didn't reflect real life and if I asked the board to invest in junior coaching or the academy they refused.

3.)You're right Brighton spent nothing this season, possibly because Poyet didn't need to, but the year before they net spent 3.8 million- look it up. Why would they give me virtually nothing to improve the defence- after older players leaving and getting to the play off final- it simply makes no sense and it annoys me as a customer when they don't fix it.

Stop blaming players for a **** game.

My 'financial management' is perfectly fine, I'm consistentlyunder budget and don't overspend on players, I go with the budget like real managers. Regardless, since when has the manager been responsible for financial management. Never. The board and chairman are always responsible for signing the players managers want and deciding on the wage packet.

I was having the same issues on my Hull season, I had around about 350k for transfer and about 10k wage. Major issue being was had a projected balance of 3m and it was going down every month.

It seemed very hard to maintain your finances in the game as I was losing a lot of money and it seemed it was either; get promoted or go in debt.

My projected balance kept going down and down and down, even though I wasn't doing anything in terms of spending and the club was stable with attendances and whatever.

You really need to look at United's finances. We only have 42 Million in the bank in real life. Therefore if you are spending at that rate you will inevitably get a smaller budget. The sponsors do have a massive effect, you would be in major trouble without their huge revenue (which is exactly how it is for us in real life). CL money is already accounted for by United, you need to be getting to the last 16, just to "break even" I continually get massive budgets because i dont actually spend all the money, I usually make a net transfer profit.

The owners have to also let players go because they are crippled by the wage bill, Redknapp has said this himself. They already let Dyer go this window.

A club gets 30 million from winning the champions league so I effectively covered my 60 million spend by winnning the champions league twice, why then I would I only be allowed 20 million in my third season?

They should sacrifice 'realism' (it isn't realistic anyway) for entertainment. The majority of players only want to build great squads and win many things. They aren't interested in 'the real life debt crisis'- personally I just want to chill when I play the game, not get a lesson on economics.

They should sacrifice 'realism' (it isn't realistic anyway) for entertainment. The majority of players only want to build great squads and win many things. They aren't interested in 'the real life debt crisis'- personally I just want to chill when I play the game, not get a lesson on economics.

Then play City/PSG/Chelsea I.E teams without huge debt repayments.

that'll take the fun it of it and no where near how football is doing in the finance point of view...

They are only trying to cut the wage bill because they are struggling and fear relegation, which will cripple them anyway. The main reason they are letting Dyer go is because he is useless, like SI. ;)

I actually don't believe you. It can't just be my computer or ******** me over r something. Why would Brighton be given 14 million when I was given only 8 with QPR.

Wages at 75%, 2 good cup runs and just lucky I guess, They did cancel a scheduled training ground upgrade which might be a reason for the extra money. BTW I am Dutch so it is in euro's

Why should I be restricted to those teams because of false finances with other teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.