What to do if you just can't win

i use the editior to make my team better and put the best players at one team ( yeah i know i cheat so what ) but no matter whos in my team or what i do i will always lose to ****** **** teams e.g. wigan -.-'

I like the fact you cheat for england and still lose. Gives me a warm feeling inside.

I like the fact you cheat for england and still lose. Gives me a warm feeling inside.

I like the fact that you so obviously despise everyone who's not playing the game like you think it should be played and still give your opinion. Gives me a warm feeling inside.

Get it?

some 1 has had a wee bit too much suger calm down

If you address me by that - nope, definitely not. But I really have problems with people that show that sort of...refusal. Especially if moderators show that kind of attitude. Sorry, but that's just a no-go as moderator.

I like the fact that you so obviously despise everyone who's not playing the game like you think it should be played and still give your opinion. Gives me a warm feeling inside.

Get it?

I was joking with the guy. You need to chill.

I was joking with the guy. You need to chill.

I was joking with you. You need to chill.

Sorry, but you're a moderator and that - at least for me - means you have to stick to a certain standard. And that doesn't include joking with someone who's so obviously ****** with the game.

Sorry, but you're a moderator and that - at least for me - means you have to stick to a certain standard. And that doesn't include joking with someone who's so obviously ****** with the game.

Says who? Anyone who knows me on this site knows im rarely serious and make tongue in cheek comments. Ill continue to be how ive always been and being a moderator wont change that. If the powers that be don't like it then they'll remove me as a moderator. TBH im not arsed either way, im not going to change for you or anyone else.

You don't know much about the mods of this site, do you? :p

So....my team plays better when I do not give any opposition instructions.

Sometimes that's the case, as giving player instructions (e.g tight mark), can result in players being pulled out of position.

Are you using Zonal defense?

Yeah sometimes you can shoot yourself in the foot. If you tell someone with bad marking (or concentration) to mark tightly they can get burned by their opposition (they might have good acceleration, dribbling, anticipation, etc). If your player isn't good at marking telling them to mark tightly is going to make it worse! I used to blindly set tight marking for all strikers/midfielders and get aggro at the match engine when my players herp a derped, but then I realized I was being a twit.

If you're going to get staff to set these for you, make sure you check what they've done the first few times and see if it makes sense or not - then you can probably just trust them after that. If you're going to set them yourself you should have good knowledge of your own players strengths/weaknesses vs their opponent. I normally only set the instructions manually for an opposition player that I need to shut down in a match - but sometimes it can be good to pick on an inexperienced player also (set closing down to always to try and hurry their passes, etc)

Or you could just not worry about it at all. Honestly, there are so many things to do in FM that you have to draw the line somewhere if you want to get through a season in a decent amount of time.

Sometimes that's the case, as giving player instructions (e.g tight mark), can result in players being pulled out of position.

Are you using Zonal defense?

Yes I am. I did instructions in the past and then read a old post by Raikan that OI were useless. They're supposedly fixed by the latest patch but for me it doesn't matter. It might be possible that my team is just far better than everyone elses'.

Hi, new guy alert! Playing manager from down under since 2001 (Champs back then). I just wanted to say that the original post is one I have the utmost belief in and applaud those that understand the intricacies of the game we obviously all love. Simulation at it finest for '13.

Regarding talk previously of the fine line between detail and speed of your games progression, I think this is a great topic in itself and I guess it comes down to what an individual wants to achieve out of playing the game. Personally, one season with a team in the second/third tier of a given league (usually British for me) generally takes me at least one month to achieve.

I have been a reader of some of the more popular "story" blogs for quite some time and can't believe some of the success (instant) and speed (couple of days) at which the seasons seem to progress for these guys. I love football and football manager and really don't want to outright deride any individual but you have to question their motives, honesty and I believe enjoyment for the game at times.

Anyhow, that's my few shards for this topic.

If you don't think you're up to this new challenge called realism,
Find me 2 teams in EPL, La Liga or Serie A that concede more goals than they get shots (on goal) vs the opposition.

Hmmm is it perhaps because averaging less than 1 shot per game is nearly impossible in professional football? Yea.. I think so.

Find me 2 teams in EPL, La Liga or Serie A that concede more goals than they get shots (on goal) vs the opposition.

Hmmm is it perhaps because averaging less than 1 shot per game is nearly impossible in professional football? Yea.. I think so.

I think there are some teams that average 1 shot a game but in fairness this idea of FM13 being 'realistic' is a crock of s... There are so many holes in this game and the fact is it, it's a GAME. I didn't buy it to be a real manager I bought it to have fun and its just not that fun anymore. I won the europa league, fa cup and finished 2nd with Birmingham but I still feel frustrated and bored by this simulator.

I seriously need some help with this game.

Having just finished my degree I finally got back to FM for the first time since 2010. Clearly a lot has changed since then!

I started my first save with Arsenal and I'm about to give up after about 30 games.

Things were going okay to begin with but have since gone horribly wrong. We have scored 1 goal in the last 6 matches, despite playing on attacking and even overloading attacking mentalities (against weaker teams). I've rotated my strikers slightly (Giroud, Jovetic, Podolski) yet none can score to save their lives.

I've constantly tweaked tactics, tried to target opponents weaknesses, kept my team's morale fairly good (considering our awful form), played mind games with other managers. Tried new tactics. My tactical familiarity levels are Fluid on everything (including back up tactics). I've changed my training focuses to attacking but thats made no difference either. Made sure every player is training in their selected and suited positions. Made sure everyone suits their roles.

My last two games were 3-0 and 6-0 defeats to Southampton and Reading, and somehow in those games we've had more possession, more shots and my defenders even got ratings of 7.5+ !!!

The game is not making any sense to me what so ever. I'm completely up for putting in the time to scout up coming opponents and tweak my tactics to suite each individual match but some of the results just seem completely ridiculous. Numerous games I've been 2/3-0 down after 20 minutes against teams with no obvious threat what so ever.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing so horribly wrong?!