What languages can you speak?

sure you can speak portuguese "olá" just joking XD

i speak english, portuguese and a bit of french and italian
i can also say some words (not randomly) in japanese and german

I haven't been speaking it for ages, I have an excuse :p

Only 2 fluently Afrikaans & English. I also know some ASL & Spanish.

English. I studied German for 2 years, but I forgot most of it now :S

English and Cockney. (Well, I know a little, I'm a bit of a lemon squeezer.)

English, Hindi, Bengali, French (somewhat) and bits of Gujarati, Kiswahili, Marathi, Tulu, Kannada, Punjabi...

Now...How many of THOSE have you heard of? ;)

Where you are from?

i'm from kolkata...but i lived in nairobi for most of my high-school years...now i'm back in india (karnataka) for engineering :)

i'm from kolkata...but i lived in nairobi for most of my high-school years...now i'm back in india (karnataka) for engineering :)

Where do you stay in Karnataka? I'm in Bangalore..

English, Spanish, French, Italian, some German and a little Swedish(this thanks to an ex-gf)

I speak Irish(main language) also fluent in english, french, spanish, italian and polish. Also speak a little russian and german.
Only speak english on here as its easier for everybody else.

English, Polish, and basic Dutch. Had a German course in school as well. Let's just say it didn't do the world of good for me. ;)

Scouse, English, basic Spanish, basic Italian and basic Turkish.

Bilingual in English and French, speak Spanish and currently learning Albanian

English and I'm good at Spanish, having learned it in schools and lived in Spanish-speaking countries, but I should be better. Is it me or are almost all the multi-lingual people in the thread from countries outside the UK?

English and I'm good at Spanish, having learned it in schools and lived in Spanish-speaking countries, but I should be better. Is it me or are almost all the multi-lingual people in the thread from countries outside the UK?

There is no need for UK or US people to learn new languages as English is the worlds business language.

There is no need for UK or US people to learn new languages as English is the worlds business language.

First of all I'd disagree, although English is currently the world's business language being multi-lingual is very practical in business. Not to mention Chinese will be more important than English soon. More importantly, there are other reasons to learn a language. Even though Spanish isn't "useful" for me in my career in any way, I'm very glad I'm more than proficient in it and can speak/write it very well. Understanding young people is really difficult though, and when they're talking amongst themselves I'm pretty lost. That I didn't do a better job learning it while I was in Argentina (I was a lazy stoner at the time) is one of my biggest regrets in life and is a reason I may return one day.