ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
As the demo is out and the full release is just around the corner, may aswel get things started. Ask others for advice here with information like for example:

The league you prefer
The finances
Facilities for training/youth

And anything else useful you can think of

I need help to decide which team to be once the full game is out tonight, I don't want to do the usual with Man Utd or Real Madrid or even with Southampton..

I want a long term save with a team with decent foundations, Greuther Fürth for example in Bundesliga 2.. good facilities and not expected for promotion first time around, giving time to build, I don't know what their finances are like but I am assuming they aren't pretty... Any ideas? Literally willing to go in ANY league as I intend to have no coaching badges and Sunday league manager experience wherever I choose to go... I'd prefer to be in Europe though!

Cheers in advance
grin.gif

I need help to decide which team to be once the full game is out tonight, I don't want to do the usual with Man Utd or Real Madrid or even with Southampton..

I want a long term save with a team with decent foundations, Greuther Fürth for example in Bundesliga 2.. good facilities and not expected for promotion first time around, giving time to build, I don't know what their finances are like but I am assuming they aren't pretty... Any ideas? Literally willing to go in ANY league as I intend to have no coaching badges and Sunday league manager experience wherever I choose to go... I'd prefer to be in Europe though!

Cheers in advance
grin.gif

Look at my above post for some inspiration! (yes i'm promoting it hard ;P)

So im just wondering who be for a second be . I am already going a fantastic save with Arsenal. Where i have shipped out the ageing players and brought in solid worldclass youngsters and reshaped the defence. I am thinking of either AC Milan, Dortmund, Liverpool, Fiorentina Or Sevilla. Who do you recommend i be? Thanks

Cheers in advance
grin.gif

If you're going with no coaching badges and sunday league then you'll need to go to like the conference or something. Any team bigger than that and you'll struggle hard. Bundesliga 2 may even be too high to start with nothing. Best thing to do it find a club and get the game to set your abilities based on club.

So im just wondering who be for a second be . I am already going a fantastic save with Arsenal. Where i have shipped out the ageing players and brought in solid worldclass youngsters and reshaped the defence. I am thinking of either AC Milan, Dortmund, Liverpool, Fiorentina Or Sevilla. Who do you recommend i be? Thanks

I feel a Dortmund, Milan, or Liverpool save would end up very similar to your Arsenal save mate. Looking at the same players all the time. Fiorentina or Sevilla may be better/different.

I'm personally going to play the following.

Main save: Bolton Wanderers/Feyenoord
Second Save: Arsenal (will likely be main save when I fail with the above :( )
FMC Save: Madrid/Barca/Bayern (only if there is a way to fix Germany in FMC)

But I also want to try Roma and Marseille out.

Cheers in advance
grin.gif

You could try Braga or Guimares in the portuguese 1st league, although you will need some badges. Without them only the lowest divisions are for you....

In FM13 and 14 I've got really invested in saves starting in Chile and Colombia respectively. Part of the fun was learning about the clubs I was playing as and about the countries in general. I suppose what I'm looking for is a second division team maybe in Argentina or elsewhere in South America, just not Brazil.

In addition to that I'm going to be start my first save as the team I actually work for: Queen's Park in Glasgow. I wonder if any of you have done a save either with Queen's or with any other amateur team looking to punch above their weight and if you have any pointers to help me get the most out of a side who will most probably be at a disadvantage to the teams around them. I suppose I'll be fortunate in that Queen's have a fairly decent youth system and have a large amount of revenue that can potentially be spent on youth facilities upgrades, but I wonder if the high-pressing football I like to implement will be possible with amateur players.

Milan and fiorentina are good challenges, ftina got a very good squad

English Sky Bet league 1 (good chance of promotion)
Good Finances

Any 3rd division team in Europe, not in England/Germany/France.

a Team outwith the top league's or in a slightly obscure league?

Promotion favourites in a 3rd division of one of the top ranked 15 leagues

Try the Turkish champions Fenerbahçe for a challenge. Ageing squad, some money to spend and a powerful striker group. Biggest challenge will be the Fgn limit tho.

Hi i am looking for a challenge in the english game either in league 1 or 2 that i can put my own stamp on the team
I dont mind if they do not have any money to spend or have a ok youth squad
any suggestions would be helpful

thanks

Martyn

Hi i am looking for a challenge in the english game either in league 1 or 2 that i can put my own stamp on the team
I dont mind if they do not have any money to spend or have a ok youth squad
any suggestions would be helpful

thanks

Martyn

Charlton Athletic is a great team to go with. I don't know if they're in SBC or L1/L1, but either way you can't go wrong with 'em. Took the team for a spin in FM14 and ended up promoting them to EPL and then became HC at Arsenal :D

They are in the championship and i am.looking lower down and now even in the conference with the same thong as i like a challenge but thanks for the suggestion

Crawley Town in League One is where I started, mid-table squad and finances are harsh but it's a really good challenge! Doing well with them at the moment.