''White'' Pele - Wayne Rooney??!!

I really don't know which is idea that Wayne Rooney is new Pele. If you see Rooney's performance on World Cup you will realize that Rooney isn't near even to Pele's knees. I understand that Roo had a tough season, but all players did. I hope that he can lead England to 2nd round. Your thoughts?

two bad games doesn't make him a bad player. Rooney himself im sure would agree he has been ****. White Pele is more of a Manchester United nickname as he was on form last season rather than an England nickname.

Whats with all your threads about England :S

I've only seen United fans brand him as the 'White Pele' :S

It's just a song.
Don't think anyone thinks he's as good as pele.
He is a top player but like most/all of the england players he's having a shocker.

people need to remember, England isn't a one man team, Rooney isn't to blame that we didn't win last night or last saturday, yes he has been poor and yes hes comment last night was uncalled for but **** sake get off his back, i dont see posts starting up about how **** lampard has been, how **** lennon's final ball is etc.

rooney is rubbish and one of the most over rated players in english football (england only)

Never knew he was ever compared to Pele, he is nowhere near that level and whoever said that as someone said was high or drunk. He is still a top player though and everyone needs to stop critiscising him and get behind him.

pointless thread. rooney is a top class player who is off form and playing very badly, like most of the england side

/thread

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

im so ******* sick of the tribal nature of england fans, as soony as something goes wrong we go back to slamming players from rival teams. grow up up they were all rubbish. i dont see a thread about every single player

should really be asking why isn't joe cole getting a look in?

and op why do you keep opening threads about england. there is one thread already we dont need more. or do you just feel the need to take a pop at england?

yer i do think its a Man Utd thing which is fine. Chelsea fans call Terry captain, leader, legend but im sure england fans wouldnt go along with it lol. Look i actually agree with what Alan Hansen said earlier his either 1 of 3 things.

1: His Injured
2: His feeling the media/fan pressure
3: His worn out by the long season he had at Man Utd( in other words he will be awful for the remainder).

and just to add i never agree with Hansen so im dissapointed i had to lol.

rooney is rubbish and one of the most over rated players in english football (england only)

That's a load of bullshit.

His performance for Manchester United last year takes a **** all over your post.Rooney is world class and is just on really poor form at the moment.