Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

who is the best deep lying forward (support)?

Reaction score
who is the best deep lying forward (support) in terms of stats?

Reaction score
I just ran a quick filter based on:

creativity
strength
passing
dribbling
first touch
long shots
technique
decisions
off the ball
teamwork

which are probably the most important attributes for a DLF with a support duty. Ronaldo has all these attributes over at least 15 bar teamwork. Rooney has most of them, so I'd say those two are the best. Higuain, milto and Tevez all have at least 13 in these attributes so they are probably good too.

EDIT: Rooney's PPMs suit this role too. Messi's lack of stength is a dissapointment but other than that he is suitable.

But if you want to be less picky, the most important attibutes are passing, creativity, strength, decisions, off the ball, teamwork and dribbling in my opinion

Last edited:
Andre Villas Boas <3
Reaction score
Rooney. All day long imo.

Reaction score
Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Van Persie. Rooney is the best though.

Reaction score
Dirk Kuyt. Played him up front with Torres in a deep lying support and he scored loads and got nearly every assist everytime Torres scored.

Staff member
Reaction score
Dirk Kuyt.

Seriously, try it I promise you won't regret it. I can assure you'll he get 20+ goals a season.

Reaction score
In my Barca save, I play villa and Tevez as deeplying forwards. Tooooooooo sick.

Reaction score
You might be really suprised by this but its probably raul who's at schalke now, just check his stats.

Reaction score
Rooney, Tevez, Rob Van Persie, Hulk all do a beastly job for me and Berbs though he is not as skilled as the first 4 mentioned