Who is the best summer signing so far

Who is the best Signing so far

• Glen Johnson-Portsmouth to Liverpool(17.5mill)

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Michael Owen-Newcastle to Man Utd(free)

Votes: 55 37.4%
  • Yuri Zhirkov-CSKA Moscow-Chelsea(18mill)

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Carlos Tevez-Unregisterd-Man City(25mill)

Votes: 34 23.1%
  • Gareth Barry-Aston Villa-Man City(12mill)

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Roque Santa Cruz-Blackburn Rovers-Man City(17mill)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Antonio Valencia-Wigan Athletic-Man Utd(15mill)

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Frazier Campbell-Man Utd-Sunderland(6mill)

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Kevin Doyle-Reading-Wolves(6.5mill)

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Christian Benitez-Santos Laguna-Birmingham(7mill)

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Steven Fletcher Hibs-Burnley(3mill)

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
not on list but downing will sign for villa, he will be quality, 12 million for a 24 yr old england international
good buisness for me

Why on earth does tevez get so many votes?

I like the guy, he works hard, but 25million++ for a player that doesnt score many?

Could work out if he sets up Robinho and co consistently... Man City should stop buying strikers for a bit and get a decent central defender...

(and Man Utd should buy a midfielder :( )

Definitely Owen, proven goalscorer, cost nothing, not on ridiculous wages and ready to be a big hit this season ;)

Well the only good signing there is Tevez, the rest are overvalued ****.. Apart from Owen.. He's just ****.

Carlos Tevez Was Defo A Big Signing For Man City

Judging By Last Year

Man City Might Be Even Better

Carlos Tevez Is Gonna Be ****** When They're Not In Europe

Carlos Tevez Is Gonna Be ****** When They're Not In Europe

Tevez said they were talking about trying to win the league.. No offence, but they havn't signed anyone who has won the league before have they? Unless I'm mistaken..

Just got to say Tevez signing for man city for trophies? What did he get at United trophies, and £150K a week contract and other bit and bobs. Also Owen to United awesome business, 29 of age, proven goal scorer, and is on a £20K week contract doesn't care about money just cares about enjoying the sport he loved all of his life.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Tevez said they were talking about trying to win the league.. No offence, but they havn't signed anyone who has won the league before have they? Unless I'm mistaken..

yes SWP and Wayne Bridge XD

I Think Barry! He's an awsome midfilder.Aston Villa will miss him :(

Just got to say Tevez signing for man city for trophies? What did he get at United trophies, and £150K a week contract and other bit and bobs. Also Owen to United awesome business, 29 of age, proven goal scorer, and is on a £20K week contract doesn't care about money just cares about enjoying the sport he loved all of his life.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

yes SWP and Wayne Bridge XD

They were subs! Doesn't count :p

I would have to say as an lfc fan , wud have to b owen , although he is a bit of a traitor, but still class goal scorer

For all the people saying that Owen will score loads of goals he is slow,lazy and injury prone. Tevez is definitly the best signing and he is far better than Owen.

Why on earth does tevez get so many votes?

I like the guy, he works hard, but 25million++ for a player that doesnt score many?

Could work out if he sets up Robinho and co consistently... Man City should stop buying strikers for a bit and get a decent central defender...

(and Man Utd should buy a midfielder :( )

lol tevez wont set robinho up, he is so greedy although i think adebeyor will get some goals

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

For all the people saying that Owen will score loads of goals he is slow,lazy and injury prone. Tevez is definitly the best signing and he is far better than Owen.

lol another bitter liverpool fan, he isnt slow, just slowed down, very sharp, good positiining and his runs are immense. He just needs the service.

His only ever been at 1 world class team before and he got a bag fall of goals scoring more than ronaldo.

Torres aint the fittest player either is he lol, struggled with injuries every season so far for a.madrid and liverpool

I think owen is a pretty good signing, he was free. A bargain all the way, i reckon he can easily get 15-20 goals next season. He's a proper striker, i'd rather have him in the team then sh*tty berbatov.

i voted glen johnson cos he has 2 be a gud playr if chelsea wud consider 2 resign him but rafa has bagged a bargain cos he needs more english players in the liverpool side and he is the best english right back at the moment

I even chose him 4 my fantasy league team cos i thought he wud do well

Whoever said Owen isn't slow but slown down needs to face reality.

Owen after trying to bulk up = Slow.

And aren't Real Madrid a world class team?

Owen, hands down, even if he's injured all season it didn't cost you that much (20K a week is laughable in modern day football). Can't loose with this transfer, only win.

Can't believe Man City though buying second hand **** and thinking that they will win the league. Man U didn't let Tevez go for no reason. Santa Cruz has always been a so-so player, too injury prone. Adebayor is a good player, but very simular to Tevez and a couple of thousand other strikers. But couldn't understand that they bought Bellamy for instance. Must be the manager, why haven't they put a name in front of the group instead of this overrated welsh man (which is why they bought Bellamy).

Owen, hands down, even if he's injured all season it didn't cost you that much (20K a week is laughable in modern day football). Can't loose with this transfer, only win.

Can't believe Man City though buying second hand **** and thinking that they will win the league. Man U didn't let Tevez go for no reason. Santa Cruz has always been a so-so player, too injury prone. Adebayor is a good player, but very simular to Tevez and a couple of thousand other strikers. But couldn't understand that they bought Bellamy for instance. Must be the manager, why haven't they put a name in front of the group instead of this overrated welsh man (which is why they bought Bellamy).

It's not neccesarily about value for money in the premier league, it's more about results.

Saying Santa Cruz is too injury prone after defending Owen is really the pot calling the kettle black.

Tevez is a quality player no matter what anyone says. Everyone doubting his ability now he's moved to City is an idiot. I bet these are the same people backing Tevez in the Tevez vs Torres debate when they both signed for their respective clubs.

Tevez and Adebayor are completly different strikers, there only commonality is their ability to miss easy chances haha

TBH i think City are doing a good job in the transfer window. They are signing proven prem players and not raiding abroad. Geling is an issue but Hughes has ruled out the issue of adapting to the English style of play, i think he's been clever on that.

Zhirkov. Brilliant, brilliant buy at £18m. Absolute superstar.