who is the worst player ever to play for one of the big 4 clubs?

• Thread starter Thread starter Roonaldo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 5K

Who's the worst

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most of you wont remember some of these names but i do:

Man Utd: Ralph Milne,Massimo Taibi,Clayton Blackmore,Peter Davenport

Chelsea: Dave Beasant,Robert Fleck,Jason Cundy

Liverpool: Torben Piknik,Paul Stewart,Mark Walters (basically every Graeme Souness signing was ****)

Arsenal: Glen Helder,John Hartson,Pascal Cygan

Most of you wont remember some of these names but i do:
Liverpool: Torben Piknik,Paul Stewart,Mark Walters (basically every Graeme Souness signing was ****)

more or less spot on with that, i've been going to watch liverpool for nearly 30 years now and during the souness era i maybe missed 4 or 5 games home & away in all competitions, he did make a couple of decent signings though in mark wright & rob jones, he also gave mcmanaman a regular place in the side (think he made his debut before kenny resigned though?) and gave fowler his first pro contract

paul stewart was probably the worst of the lot, think we signed him for £2.3m which was a lot considering alan shearer moved from southampton to blackburn at around the same time for £3.3m, there were also as you mentioned Torben Piknik & Mark Walters (although i remember him scoring a couple of important goals against auxerre & the mancs) plus the likes of Julian Dicks

dalglish made a couple of howlers just before he resigned, david speedie who started off well with a goal at old traford on his debut then 2 the following week at anfield against everton and jimmy carter who the last thing i remember of was souness sending on as a sub at chelsea then taking him off again about 30 mins later, he was never seen in a liverpool shirt again and was sold to arsenal for around £500k

since then we've signed the likes of sean dundee, erik meijer, mark kennedy, kvarme, abel xavier, igor biscan, bruno cheyrou (the next zidane according to houllier) anthony le tallec and diouf who've all probably been worse than anybody benitez has signed

Andrea Dossena - 7m
Robert Snodgrass - free
Dossena was absolutey destroyed by Snoddy

glad to see djemba djemba and taibi topping the poll.

fergie never gets it wrong, my ******* ****!

time to retire old man and let mourinho come back to the prem.

Last edited:
Back