Luarez

Reaction score
View attachment 361243

Who Needs Mourinho?

In recent times Chelsea have established themselves as one of the biggest forces in English Football, the last two decades have seen Chelsea experience their most successful period, winning no less than 15 major trophies since 1997.
The club also have a reputation for chopping and changing managers, there has been 10 different managers in 13 years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Start Of Something Special

View attachment 361242

When first speaking to the board they seemed to think that qualifying for The Champions League was a realistic target for the season ahead, However i strongly disagree with their thinking as with a few quality additions to compliment the likes of Hazard and Mata then we will easily challenge the Manchester Clubs for the title.

View attachment 361250

Will follow this, not seen a decent Chelsea story in a while. Interesting to see where you spend that nice transfer kitty and whether you keep faith in the 'old guard'!! Good luck mate

Will follow this, not seen a decent Chelsea story in a while. Interesting to see where you spend that nice transfer kitty and whether you keep faith in the 'old guard'!! Good luck mate
Thanks mate :) 72m to spend isn't too bad is it XD

Splashing The Cash

View attachment 361496

So i was given a generous £72m to spend, however we also had some fairly expensive deadwood which helped us to bring in some money to further boost our already hefty transfer budget.

Here's the players that left the club during the Transfer Window...

View attachment 361528
View attachment 361527

We basically had three main outgoings for this window...

Fernando Torres - With Lukaku, Ba and also the fact that i was looking to bring in another striker in meant that i saw Torres surplus to requirements.

Michael Essien - He hasn't been a regular for years now, also to add to his problem he's injury prone. Therefore i looked to move him on and the fee i received wasn't too bad

John Obi Mikel - I see him as a very poor player, if i would've kept him then his value would of dropped due to lack of appearances. So i decided to cash in on him.

Total Amount Received - £40.5m
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was looking to strengthen three positions during this window, Forward, Right Wing and Central Midfield. This is how i got on...

View attachment 361559

Erik Lamela - We lacked a quality natural right winger, Lamela fit the bill perfectly as he's very technically gifted and can also cut-in and provide us with a few goals.

Robert Lewandowksi - He was transfer listed by Dortmund, i fought off FC Barcelona to bring him. He's a natural finisher and will score goals for fun in this team with Hazard, Mata and Lamela supplying him.

Thiago - He has bags of potential, like Lewandowski he was also transfer listed and i though the asking price was fairly good, he's basically a replacement for the aging Lampard.

Total Spent -£71m

I feel that this was a good transfer window, although looking back i should of brought in a defensive midfielder but that can be easily resolved in January, any suggestions?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hitting The Ground Running

View attachment 361809

Pre-Season was fairly simple, i experimented with some different lineups and tactics and eventually found the best starting lineup and my preferred lineup, here it is...

View attachment 361810

Even though i experimented with the lineups and tactics the results were still very positive, although the opposition weren't really all that.

View attachment 361811

Last edited:
Don't know why one of the images is over-sized as i set it to be the same size as the others...

very good update like the layout try to give youngsters like Chalobah & Ake game time both good players for the future and can play CDM i think but you could sign Javi Martinez David Luiz Luis Gustavo or Iilkay Gundogan i reccomend Martinez and Gundogan there my favourite CDM

very good update like the layout try to give youngsters like Chalobah & Ake game time both good players for the future and can play CDM i think but you could sign Javi Martinez David Luiz Luis Gustavo or Iilkay Gundogan i reccomend Martinez and Gundogan there my favourite CDM

I loaned both Chalobah and Ake out i think, thanks for the suggestions though!

I've updated my second post with Pre-Season results and the tactic i'll be using for the season ahead.

I'll try to write the next update before the Uruguay vs Italy match tonight...

Start As You Mean To Go On

View attachment 362205

August 2012

August only consisted of three matches, however there was a chance to claim the first piece of silverware during my reign in the UEFA Super Cup.
I believe instilling a winning mentality into the squad is key to being successful.
The opening two fixtures in the league were not easy but they were games we should definitely be looking to win if we intend to challenge for the title.

View attachment 362210

Southampton vs Chelsea (18/8/2012) Barclay's Premier League

View attachment 362209

Playing Southampton away is a tricky fixture for any club, this also being my first competitive match with a team fully not yet comfortable with the tactic being played. However we came away with the win and it pleased me to see that we were creating a lot of chances and we could and should of scored a lot more.Looking at the negatives we also conceded quite a few chances but thankfully Cech was on top form
Man Of The Match - Peter Cech

Chelsea vs Newcastle (25/8/12) Barclay's Premier League

View attachment 362211

We completely dominated possession but once again we were wasteful in front of goal, luckily Lewandowski scored a 20 yard curled finish to give us the win.
Our keeper just like last match was in top form as he pulled off a double save from Papiss Cisse in the dying minutes of the match to ensure we got the win.
Man Of The Match - Robert Lewandowski

Chelsea vs Munich (31/8/2012) UEFA Super Cup

View attachment 362218

We held our own against arguably the best team in Europe at the moment which is definitely a sign of huge potential, Lewandowski also shown during this match how important he is going to be for us with the winning goal in the opening minutes of extra-time.
Man Of The Match - Robert Lewandowski

We couldn't have wished for a better start to the season, two wins from two in the league and we also claimed our first piece of silverware against very tough opposition. Here's the league table and also the group in which we have been drawn for the Champions League...
View attachment 362234

View attachment 362241
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super 7's And Player Of The Month

Just a little feature i'm going to use throughout this story, this is where i will identify players who have achieved a match rating of 7.00 or over which is good form in my opinion.

So here are the players who have gained entry into the the Super 7's this month...

View attachment 362258

So my Player Of The Month will not just be who has achieved the highest average rating, i will take into consideration many different things, such as goals,tackles, assists, and even how they have reacted once the team has gone a goal down...

This month's award was mainly contested by two players, one being a goalkeeper and the other a striker. However the fact that he was still settling into the team and managed to score two match winning goals for the team meant that the Player Of The Month for August was...

Robert Lewandowski

View attachment 362261

By the way, if you have any suggestions on how i could improve this story please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Great layout, i've been a guest on here for a while and this is one of the best stories i've seen in a while

Last edited: