Who Should I Buy/Sell?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6K
  • Views Views 817K
just started a new game with man utd, usin mr houghs final unbeaten tactic, what players to sell and who to buy? cheers :D

just started a new game with man utd, usin mr houghs final unbeaten tactic, what players to sell and who to buy? cheers :D

With the 4-1-2-3 Unbeaten, you probably need a strong CDM to break up play. Carrick, Hargreaves and Fletcher can do the job but pick up a strong one. Someone like Rossi or Lassana Diarra can work. Re-train Valencia as a central midfielder. He can pick it up pretty fast. And I don't know if Nani can be retrained as a striker or not. I would assume you'd have to sell him because you have no place, really.

nanis on his way i think, lots of people are interested, think il try and get a hold of diarra and im on the verge of signing mata :D, didnt think about retrainin valencia as a centre mid, cheers !

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

were do you reckon mata plays best? im playing him upfront with rooney and berba, rooneys the only one who seems to be scoring goals though !

Play berba as a deep lying forward witha support duty he was scoring a few goals for me :) Buy Dzeko or someone upfront? Mata is a LW i think isnt he?

heyy guys i know this may seem a big ask but i am new to fm and today i bought 2010 and want to manage my home town of Hartlepool but the media prediction is only 18th and i would like to have some success with them i am unsure of the budget as im writing this on my mums laptop as mine is recharging but i imagine it will be no where near 1 million maybe half a million tops for a league 1 team and i was wondering if you have any formations or players that would be great to buy for me to start a climb in leagues and if you have any ideas of players to sell from this club i would give more info if i was on the game but unfortunatly im not at the moment thanks for any help

:)

heyy guys i know this may seem a big ask but i am new to fm and today i bought 2010 and want to manage my home town of Hartlepool but the media prediction is only 18th and i would like to have some success with them i am unsure of the budget as im writing this on my mums laptop as mine is recharging but i imagine it will be no where near 1 million maybe half a million tops for a league 1 team and i was wondering if you have any formations or players that would be great to buy for me to start a climb in leagues and if you have any ideas of players to sell from this club i would give more info if i was on the game but unfortunatly im not at the moment thanks for any help

:)

JP Woody's 4-2-3-1 Tactic :)

Click on this link to follow my Hoddesdon to Reading Story

From Hoddesdon Town to Reading - FM-Base - Football Manager 2010 (FM10) Forum - Players, Tactics & Cheats

Im Newcastle United in my second season and i was just wondering who i should sell?
Or even buy if you think needed to do so, all opinions are welcome 8-|

Hello again,

Just finished my second season with Blackburn and reached CL (3rd in Premiership). I have 15M transfer budget and about 160k available for wages. Just wondered, who would you recommend me to sign or sell. I will offload Grella, also had Leon Osman on loan and he did a decent job. I really need a good AMR, but is there any area I should definetely strengthen ? Zhirkov is also available for loan - considered him to toughen the left flank.
Opinions are welcome - thank you! :)
blackburn.jpg

hi guys,

ive just started as celtic, they have given me a transfer budget on 2 million, but i sold hinkel nd bought in one player.

my budget is 3 million and my wage budget is about 20,000 under, im about to sign scott robertson from dundee for 1.8 million, what do u think of that signing?

but i am in need of a centre back for less than 1 million hu will ask for wages of 7,000 or less

any ideas?

cheers

I am West Brom, I would just like to raise funds for the January window by selling players.

Last edited:
need decent and cheap players for hartlepool a league 1 side not sure on positions but want to challenge for atleast mid table as the media prediction is only 18th

Hello again,

Just finished my second season with Blackburn and reached CL (3rd in Premiership). I have 15M transfer budget and about 160k available for wages. Just wondered, who would you recommend me to sign or sell. I will offload Grella, also had Leon Osman on loan and he did a decent job. I really need a good AMR, but is there any area I should definetely strengthen ? Zhirkov is also available for loan - considered him to toughen the left flank.
Opinions are welcome - thank you! :)
blackburn.jpg

First of all mate, congrats on finishing third :)
Is that tactic one of yours, or have have to downloaded it off this site?
For AMR you could try Eduardo Salvio?
I would also look to offload one of your strikers and bring in a better/younger one?
Maybe sell some not needed players?

First of all mate, congrats on finishing third :)
Is that tactic one of yours, or have have to downloaded it off this site?
For AMR you could try Eduardo Salvio?
I would also look to offload one of your strikers and bring in a better/younger one?
Maybe sell some not needed players?

Thank you, it was a surprise from the start.. my men just kept on going and didn't really have a "out of form" period :) I only struggle in the cup games (League Cup ended with the first match against Southampton) and it was quite similar in the first season. Actually I've tried two tactics from this site and changed them a little bit according to the opponents. My own knowledge isn't very good yet, but hope to improve in the future! I tend to play with this tactic against lower reputation sides and against superior side I use one striker up top. I don't know.. I actually like these strikers, Adriano's been a beast (although his stats has dropped quite much this season), Kalinic is young and quite good in my game and Seleznyov doesn't complain with the substitute role. I want to add some younger striker as I tend to play more and more with two strikers. Also I like to keep a tight team 20-22 men..
About Salvio.. I can try , but the scouts are saying that he has no intention joining me at the moment :)

Im Newcastle United in my second season and i was just wondering who i should sell?
Or even buy if you think needed to do so, all opinions are welcome 8-|

Sell Ameobi, Routledge, Tozer and Austin. How much budget have you got?

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

hi guys,

ive just started as celtic, they have given me a transfer budget on 2 million, but i sold hinkel nd bought in one player.

my budget is 3 million and my wage budget is about 20,000 under, im about to sign scott robertson from dundee for 1.8 million, what do u think of that signing?

but i am in need of a centre back for less than 1 million hu will ask for wages of 7,000 or less

any ideas?

cheers

Try kyriakos papadopoulos. It's tough to find players asking for wages below 7k.

All are season 2010/11:

Team Managing: Chelsea
Team Selling: Napoli
Player: Marek Hamsik
Offer: £15.5 million + clauses
(potential fee rising to £17.5)

Team Selling: Ajax
Player: Gergory van der Wiel
Offer: £12 million + clauses
(potential fee rising to £15 million)