Votes: 27 24.5%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 10 9.1%

• Total voters

Kylo

MAAAATTT DAMMOONNNNNN
Reaction score
Fellow Managers,

As a City fan, the only thing i think about when watching football is whether or not we will get fourth place. The race for fourth is probably the closest ever, with only a few points from the favoured teams. The race is currently between Tottenham, Liverpool, Manchester City and Aston Villa.

Tottenham are 4th at this current time and are playing Stoke away this weekend, a tough fixture. Tottenham are close favourites for the spot, although have a fixture list in the coming months of Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City. Although, Tottenham's topscorer Jermaine Defoe is injured with a torn hamstring,

Tottenham - Next Seven Fixtures

Stoke (Away)
Fulham (Home)
Portsmouth (Home)
Sunderland (Away)
Arsenal (Home)
Chelsea (Home)
Man Utd (Away)

Liverpool would usually grab the fourth place without competition, but a very poor start to the season leaves them currently 5th and playing Manchester United this weekend, a game that is said to either make or break Liverpool's bid. With Gerrard and Torres back in the sqaud, they are set to give anything for the fourth spot, lets not forget thats what the manager promised.

Liverpool - Next Seven Fixtures

Man Utd (Away)
Sunderland (Home)
Birmingham (Away)
Fulham (Home)
West Ham (Home)
Burnley (Away)
Chelsea (Home)

I hope that it will be Manchester City of course. WIth a few tough games left such as Tottenham and Manchester United, the only thing that will be a disadvantage would be motivation. Adebayor is set to return to the sqaud, with Bellamy and Tevez in fine form. Given released a statement that fourth is crucial and would hopefully motivate the sqaud to give it everything. City are also unbeaten at home in the League, with only 5 losses over the whole season.

Man City - Next Seven Fixtures

Fulham (Away)
Everton (Home)
Wigan (Home)
Burnley (Away)
Birminham (Home)
Man Utd (Home)
Arsenal (Away)

Aston Villa are probably the sneaky team in the race, i forgot to notice that they have 2 games in hand over Tottenham, and are currently 7th just 1 point behind City. Although, a few key players are injured. Villa are currently drawing 2-2 to Wolves, the game is also being played at home. I'd recommend you to watch the game, its very entertaining.

Aston Villa - Next Seven Fixtures

Sunderland (Home)
Chelsea (Away)
Bolton (Away)
Everton (Home)
Portsmouth (Away)
Hull City (Away)
Birmingham (Home)

So, who would you bid to finish fourth? Please add your vote to the poll and comment, discuss and state why you'd bid this team to finish in the champions league spot.

Current League Table - http://www.premierleague.com/page/LeagueTables/0,,12306,00.html

Hope to see votes and comments soon, feel free to discuss the issue, don't go off topic or spam,

Thanks,
FourFourTwo

Last edited:
I really hope city, and I think it will come down to the last game of the season, or close to... with City its never a case of typical city over a period of months, rather than typical city taking each day as it comes - i.e beating chelsea away one week and drawing at sunderland the next. We may just be too inconsistent for fourth.
Tottenham, on the other hand, while having a squad that isn't as good as ours imo, have a solid foundation and a really good manager, they play good football and have good players. Real candidates, and my pick for fourth this year. Villa are plucky but i don't believe their strong is good or consistent enough. Liverpool I don't think have good enough morale in the squad and are inconsistent also but if they make a real push fourth could be there's.
So my pick is spurs but its brilliantly tense and really this debate has been going on for ages, no one knows what's gonna happen, so I say lets sit back and enjoy it!

There already was one of these I think, not that long ago either, about a month ago infact. - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f18/who-to-get-on-4th-t30530.html

Oh, I searched around for ages. Can this thread be kept open, as a more up to date one? Sort of like the 'Who WIll Be Champions 09/10?' one that had already been created, moderators decided to keep it as a more up to date poll. Sorry anyway. (A)

Votes are close though. oO)

Voted for Villa, because I want them to as they've spent the least and brought through players like Agbonlahor.

But overall, anyone but Man City, I absolutely hate the way they've bought themselves to the top, and the others deserve it more probably, although Spurs have spent a bit.

I dont think villa will at all, too small a squad, still in the fa cup, "massive distraction" after the disappoint in the league cup final.

I have voted for liverpool, because i think at any moment they can turn the corner and switch on the style we all know they have!

i was unsure about manchester city and tottenham but i dont know why :S both of them have MORE than enough quality to do it! Just can't see it for some reason :S

dont have any real reason for it, just gut instinct. although it would be nice for a different team to break the top 4 for the first time since Everton beat liverpool to it a few years back

I hope it will be spurs but with our last 3 games I don't think we'll get it

liverpool for me they look like theve still got the better squad than the rest now torres is back and the scum have lost defo.

I am going to count Villa out, they always seem to fall away towards the end of the season, although I would rather they got it than Spurs or City. So I reckon it is between Liverpool, Spurs and City. Looking at them fixtures it is going to be vital for Spurs and City to drop a few points if Liverpool have a chance. Oh and we must beat United tomorrow.

Cannot see Liverpool getting it to be honest, they seems to have 1-2 good games and then just play dreadful, a la the Wigan result. Im not sure if we've got what it takes to overhall City and Tottenham but if we play well in our last games then its still deffinately possible it's a very exciting end to the season.

Fulham obviously. ;)

I'd agree if we were talking about the Europa League, the Premier League is just an un welcome distraction to our participation in Cups at the moment :'(

I think Tottenham will get 4th now, as much as I hate to say it, we can always watch them fail in CL next season though XD

We have to play with Portsmouth (sure victory), Sunderland (we can beat them), Arsenal (good enough a draw), Chelsea (we have a small chance of beating them, but would be good a draw), Man Utd (good enough a draw), Man City (we can win, anyway, vital match), and with Burnley (a win).
In total, 15 points, good enough to secure 4th place.

We have to play with Portsmouth (sure victory), Sunderland (we can beat them), Arsenal (good enough a draw), Chelsea (we have a small chance of beating them, but would be good a draw), Man Utd (good enough a draw), Man City (we can win, anyway, vital match), and with Burnley (a win).
In total, 15 points, good enough to secure 4th place.

A tad optimistic, seeing Spurs fixtures now, I want to withdraw my previous comment, the only pretty much garunteed wins there are Burnley and Pompey. Sunderland have hit a bit of form now and Darren Bent will be well up for it. You will be very lucky if you manage draws against Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal.

I really want to be optimistic, there's something who tells me we will fail. -_-

I think we really need Huddlestone, Defoe, Lennon and Woodgate + King in these moments, even Dawson has some good performances.

tottenham will bottle it in the last3 games it will be liverpool or city . aston villa just dont have the quality of the other teams

Back