Who's the Premier League's Most Improved Player?

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 6K
Nani, many of the United fans wanted him out and from last jan he played so well but this season he is way too important than anybody would have thought of.

Lucas: Same like Nani, he has improved really well.
Elmander
Smalling
Walcott

As a Sunderland fan, Phil Bardsley and possibly Keiron Richardson have to be up there.

Chris Baird

From Zero to hero :)

From the OP, I'd choose Djourou but I agree with Bardsley and Richardson comments.

Mine would be as follows:
1: Gareth Bale...was a half-decent player with potential last season but he wasn't getting the games but this year he is ripping it up with his consistant starting place.

2: Samir Nasri...like Bale had plenty of potential last season and again like Bale is a world class player this season ( MY player of the season over Bale becuase I'm an Arsenal fan ;) )

3: Daniel Sturridge...i think he is who most people have forgotten about, he was unheard of this year but has completely won games for Bolton and has been their 'on loan' hero!

4: Joey Barton....now i used to absolutely hate Barton's guts but this season he has played some nice football most of the time and with Nolan pretty much runs Newcastle's midfield, also he seemed to have calmed dwon abit.

5: Al-Habsi...Last season he sat on Bolton's bench week in week out but this year he has established himself on loan as Wigan's first choice. The question is will he go back to Bolton or stay at Wigan....I'm guessing Wigan ;)

I don't think anyone 'having laugh' everyone seems to be discussing improved players and Lucas is high on the list, but you're a blue it's expected you'll slate him.

Really? Your actually stating that about me, considering your description is "i am a biased ****". No need for you to slate me for my own opinion, this is a forum, its an open discussion.

Not sure how Sturridge falls under this category myself, how can you have improved when there was nothing to base an opinion on in the first place? If he was never played then surely there was nothing for the player to improve on? for all you know he has had this in him the whole time, but never been allowed to show it as Chelsea have never played the lad. Now he has been given a run of starting appearances you can finally see what he has to offer. Why they bought him and then decided to let him rot on the bench is beyond me, considering there were a few clubs at the time who would have loved to have him. They could of at least loaned him out sooner to give him some game time. Sorry if I am going a bit over the top but I think it is a case of Chelsea holding him back from showing what he can do rather than him improving.

All United players? ...

He is a United fan..

Really? Your actually stating that about me, considering your description is "i am a biased ****". No need for you to slate me for my own opinion, this is a forum, its an open discussion.

Considering a pretty large percentage of the thread have named Lucas as one of the most improved, I fail to see how I am being biased. You were the one being biased, you never even backed your statement up, you just asked us if we were 'having laugh'..

He is a United fan..

Considering a pretty large percentage of the thread have named Lucas as one of the most improved, I fail to see how I am being biased. You were the one being biased, you never even backed your statement up, you just asked us if we were 'having laugh'..

It was my own opinion, something that i am entitled too. Therefor i was stating that i didn't think he had improved much. Anyways, im not trying to start an argument on here over something this stupid.

Back