Why did Giggs choose Wales instead of England?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDude

Banned
Reaction score
Ryan Giggs would of been amazing for England and would of played in multiple World Cups, plus maybe with him England would of won the World Cup for sure. So why did he choose to play for Wales instead of England, it seems like a really ridiculous decision to me.

Because he was born in Cardiff.

Maybe because he considers himself welsh, and therefore hatesthe English? And is patrotic

because at the age he was when he chose Wales maybe he didn't think he would be good enough to play for England? what I heard anyways.

plus he is born and bred Welsh.

He would have had to wait for English nationality, I think that is what whoever the England manager at the time was...Glenn Hoddle maybe

Because he is Welsh and he'd be hated If he choose England, I'm sure.

because at the age he was when he chose Wales maybe he didn't think he would be good enough to play for England? what I heard anyways.

Yeah thats what I heard, its disappointing that he didn't have enough confidence in himself at the time to take on the challenge if its true.

What he said

Basically the same as asking "Why support Bolton when you could support Manchester United?".

Maybe he didn't want to play for the better team, but the one that meant more to him and the one he had the closest links to.

He chose Wales because he is Welsh oO)

He isn't English, never has been and never will be

He chose Wales because he is Welsh oO)

He isn't English, never has been and never will be

No that is not correct, he played for England school boys when he was younger so obviously his plan was to play for England, I don't know what it was that made him change his mind.

GIGGS FOR ENGLAND IS A MYTH

Ryan Giggs never was eligible to play for the senior English international team just schoolboys.

Wikipedia said:
Contrary to popular belief, he was never eligible for the full England team (eligibility at the schoolboy level depends solely upon the location of the school)[36] he has stated that he would have chosen to play for Wales anyway. He was however eligible to play for Sierra Leone, through his paternal grandfather.

Its in his autobiography as well

Last edited:
its hardely fair making it into cricket style where england get to take the irsh and welsh players. isnt he welsh? how can he play for england? was his mum english?

No that is not correct, he played for England school boys when he was younger so obviously his plan was to play for England, I don't know what it was that made him change his mind.

I'm not sure, but maybe he was living in England at the time, making it easier for him to get to the home games and training?

Are you going to start another pointless argument or are you going to just shut up and accept the fact that he played for Wales because he was born in Wales.Representation of the country that you were born in?

Like KingEric's reference to Wikipedia,he was never eligible to play for England,therefore wouldn't of had the chance anyway.

Last edited:
Are you going to start another pointless argument or are you going to just shut up and accept the fact that he played for Wales because he was born in Wales.

Harsh..

All he did was ask a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.