Why do people still think Newcastle are a big club?

• Thread starter Thread starter alexjp123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 138
  • Views Views 11K
Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't, but they will be considered as a big club.

You forgot what you were arguing about? You weren't arguing that they were a big club, but that they are a bigger club than Newcastle, remember?

You forgot what you were arguing about? You weren't arguing that they were a big club, but that they are a bigger club than Newcastle, remember?
Stop playing, it was a subject about City, can't you read?

You contradict yourself too often to prove valid a point.

It will take a long time for anytime team to be known worldwide as much as Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man Utd.
I agree with you, but as people were asking me that City are bigger than Liverpool, I answered. There's not point in telling me what I was arguing for.

And yet still wont be considered as big a club as United

Exactly. Citeh will buy their trophies rather than building like SAF has over the past 20 years. The amount of ManU players in the first team(ex-players too) that stepped up from the Academy makes them a bigger club also.

Also, Citeh have had some top players come through the academy(Ireland, Johnson, Barton to name three), but the list is huge for Utd(Beckham, Scholes, **** etc.....).

It doesn't come down to just trophy wins, support, academy and such all play a factor.

Not an argument, debate. ^^ Posts like that cause arguments, some people on the site just like a good healthy debate.
Changed the word argument to the word debate. I hope all is forgiven, and to give my opinion to this debate, Newcastle are one of the biggest clubs in the country for the reasons mentioned numerously in the thirteen previous pages of this thread.

Stop playing, it was a subject about City, can't you read?
Yeah, okay, you just keep saying Newcastle are bigger than Tottenham and it is not. We went in Champions League quarter finals, Newcastle neither Everton did it, we won UEFA Cup twice, Newcastle neither Everton did it. We have a smaller stadium but it gets noisy almost every match out there and you cannot say Spurs are not big. We're clearly over Newcastle in the recent performances.
No because for Liverpool it speaks the performances, but for Spurs and Newcastle, similar teams in history, recent performances speak.

Obviously it wasn't, forgot what you wrote already? :S

Obviously it wasn't, forgot what you wrote already? :S
If you cannot read, get the **** outta here, firstly I mentioned Tottenham are bigger than Newcastle. Then someone came and asked me about City performances are above Liverpool's and if they are a bigger club than Liverpool. So I just said Liverpool history is way better than City's, while Newcastle's and Spurs' are similar and recent performances are speaking who's better.

And obviously they are not over us. Where did you got this idea from? Tottenham have been successful both in Champions League and UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) and, unlike Newcastle, we were twice in CL but we always procreed into knock-out stages.
We won UEFA Cup, which Newcastle and Everton didn't. On the European plan, we're way the better team.
Now, Everton won several titles during '70s-'80s and I guess they lead the race in this, but Newcastle? They won it two or three times in raw (don't remember well) during 1920s and nothing else there.
They haven't won so many FA Cups or League Cups as we did.
And about the stadium... Is Sunderland a big club? Mostly of you will say now, yes, they are, so you can defend Newcastle, but no, Sunderland are not a big club, they are a second-half team table and although they have a big stadium, it doesn't count nothing, but national.
I am not sure how used is the term of Newcastle, but Tottenham are known in world a bit, that's sure.

anyone whos had players like asprillia and shearer, with that stadium and fanbase is a big club imo :)

Why? 52k Stadium and possibly the most loyal fans in the world still after all the **** that has gone on at the club

Just because they ain't in the chase for the League or in the Champions League doesn't make them a small team. They are a team building up to become a Big Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back