Why do people still think Newcastle are a big club?

• Thread starter Thread starter alexjp123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 138
  • Views Views 11K
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a honest Newcastle fan, I admit Tottenham have been over us in the last 5-6 years, but we had our turning point around 00's. I'd rate Tottenham a bit bigger over us, but we have a better stadium and probably more loyal fans (not sure about it). As we going to the count, we probably have more fans in England than Tottenham, although I am not that sure.
Anyway, I'd rather choose Newcastle over Everton if I was a player, for the history we had, the great stadium and fans and a superb city. We're the best team in North England and best in the city, unlike Everton who in the past few years they lived in Liverpool FC's shadow (no offense, but it is true).

uh oooooohhhh....see what you've done now? hmmmm? lol

We're the best team in North England
i present to you manchester united and liverpool the two most succesful sides in english football history.all this from an 'honest' newcastle fan?

Last edited:
He probably meant North East England..

Newcastle are still a massive club just have not performed overly well in recent years. Look at Liverpool, they are one of the biggest clubs in europe yet haven't won the league in 20 years and more recently haven't even performed on par with the top 4. Just because a club isn't performing doesn't mean they aren't a big club.

Newcastle fill there stadium every week, the fans are some of the greatest fans in football.

This is from a boro fan remember.
Still Newcastle are ***** :P

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

forgot the mighty boro as well :)

5th, 5th, 11th, 8th, 4th, 5th - Positions in the last 6 years in the league. Quarter-finals in Champions League. Several participations in UEFA Cup.
We are more like a 'mid-table' stature as a club, I think, something that Newcastle and Everton still struggle in having.

5th, 5th, 11th, 8th, 4th, 5th - Positions in the last 6 years in the league. Quarter-finals in Champions League. Several participations in UEFA Cup.
We are more like a 'mid-table' stature as a club, I think, something that Newcastle and Everton still struggle in having.

7th, 8th, 5th, 5th, 6th - Consistency. Im not going to continue arguing on this subject either. That is a daft sentence. If Spurs are a mid-tabled team, and Everton and Newcastle are worse off than that, who else do you rate a "mid-table" team?

Saying "the biggest club in the city" is important for teams in London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester and so on. Not really for Newcastle...

Saying "the biggest club in the city" is important for teams in London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester and so on. Not really for Newcastle...

I was thinking about that earlier... I mean, Bradford City are the largest team in Bradford, for that matter :P

Yeah, okay, you just keep saying Newcastle are bigger than Tottenham and it is not. We went in Champions League quarter finals, Newcastle neither Everton did it, we won UEFA Cup twice, Newcastle neither Everton did it. We have a smaller stadium but it gets noisy almost every match out there and you cannot say Spurs are not big. We're clearly over Newcastle in the recent performances.

Yeah, okay, you just keep saying Newcastle are bigger than Tottenham and it is not. We went in Champions League quarter finals, Newcastle neither Everton did it, we won UEFA Cup twice, Newcastle neither Everton did it. We have a smaller stadium but it gets noisy almost every match out there and you cannot say Spurs are not big. We're clearly over Newcastle in the recent performances.

Manchester City have been over Liverpool in recent performances. Does that make them a bigger club?

No because for Liverpool it speaks the performances, but for Spurs and Newcastle, similar teams in history, recent performances speak.

I'd still say Leeds are a big club despite us being **** right now. We're on the up now though..... I hope

No because for Liverpool it speaks the performances, but for Spurs and Newcastle, similar teams in history, recent performances speak.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean...

It's like Newcastle and Spurs have the same history and people still talking about them being over us. No, it isn't, Tottenham probably are less-known in the world, but a bit, but we're bigger than Newcastle and Chelsea and City fans would agree me, as they have a poor history and they will become soon (in City case, as Chelsea already are big) some of the biggest clubs in the world.

It's like Newcastle and Spurs have the same history and people still talking about them being over us. No, it isn't, Tottenham probably are less-known in the world, but a bit, but we're bigger than Newcastle and Chelsea and City fans would agree me, as they have a poor history and they will become soon (in City case, as Chelsea already are big) some of the biggest clubs in the world.

City still have a long way to go to be anywhere near as big as Man Utd tbh. They may be absolutely swimming in money, to achieve anywhere near what Man Utd have achieved (as an example), is going to be one **** of a task.

I am not talking about City achieving the same as United as it is almost impossible, but I am saying that City will be known world wide in 2-3 years almost as much as United is.

I am not talking about City achieving the same as United as it is almost impossible, but I am saying that City will be known world wide in 2-3 years almost as much as United is.

And yet still wont be considered as big a club as United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back