Mlarmour77

Reaction score
he regulary gets 4 or 5 goals a game against me?...iv tried man marking him..injuring him..etc..he just scores for fun

4 -5 goals in ONE GAME?! O.O
Who do you play as? What goals (placed shots, headers) does he normally score?
Who do you have as a GK and CB?

I agree he is a beast My Man City side won the league this season by 18 points and he scored 7 goals in 3 games against us and was league top scorer with 32 goals, he is just too good, maybe they thought he had a lot of potential to do well when he came to arsenal but he never backed it up, but still he wasnt this good in last years game so i dont know why he has become awesome

He seems to be seriously overrated in this year's version, reminds me of Vagner Love couple of FMs back.

He seems ridiculous. Compare his stats to Falcao and he really isn't that far off...
He was leading scorer in the prem in my save with 36 goals in 33 games.. really?
Oh, and then there's Messi with 17 goals in 36.. hmm

LOOL, im arsenal and he's absolutely a beast
for the past 3 seasons, he's played about 55 matches a season and scores about 60 :')
He scores hatricks on a daily basis 8).
hes really amazing in the game haha

What was pace in FM12, now it's balance and strength. He has very good stats, that's why he's so good.

hes so good because his stats are based on last season when he was top goalscorer in the french league playing for title-winning Montpellier
[h=1][/h]

He had 18 in 37 and 9 assists for me in the 12-13 season.(Mainly because I preferred Podolski who was *****).
He's only had 13 appearances this season but scored 7 because he's become injury prone with 2, 6 week injuries right after another,followed by a 3 week groin strain.

Last edited:
People saying he's overrated... Top scorer in L1 last year and 16 goals 10 assists this year, not exactly bad for his first season.

People saying he's overrated... Top scorer in L1 last year and 16 goals 10 assists this year, not exactly bad for his first season.

This. He's not overrated at all, he's a good technical player (like most french players) and he can use every part of his body to score. For your first season in a struggling club, 16 and 10 is pretty good considering he was playing alongside someone who had a point to prove and a contract to negotiate, which generally makes a person get serious goaleye. (Walcott)

Next season he'll shine properly, after adjusting to the pyshical side of the english game vs the french.

His hair is also awesome.

This. He's not overrated at all, he's a good technical player (like most french players) and he can use every part of his body to score. For your first season in a struggling club, 16 and 10 is pretty good considering he was playing alongside someone who had a point to prove and a contract to negotiate, which generally makes a person get serious goaleye. (Walcott)

Next season he'll shine properly, after adjusting to the pyshical side of the english game vs the french.

His hair is also awesome.
Nah. Let's get real here. First, I like Olivier Giroud a lot, his hair as well. I've followed Ligue 1 (Allez OL) for several years now, and sure Giroud was very impressive in the past two seasons with Montpellier, especially last year. I agree that he's a complete attacker, and a natural goalscorer, which is a quite rare skill in today's football. But Ligue 1 is miles apart from Prem, and for that high a level his abilities are pretty limited. That's why he doesn't get much starts for France either, although they really don't have an international-level forward at the moment (Karim is sadly really off his form). So I would be very surprised to see your prophecy fulfilled next season, although if Benzema is equally lost, France may have to go into Brazil with Giroud as their neuf.

And just to point out that those 16 goals are in all competitions, and Arsenal a struggling club?? Michu has 16 goals in the Prem this season, but oh yeah, Swans won a cup... :D

Nah. Let's get real here. First, I like Olivier Giroud a lot, his hair as well. I've followed Ligue 1 (Allez OL) for several years now, and sure Giroud was very impressive in the past two seasons with Montpellier, especially last year. I agree that he's a complete attacker, and a natural goalscorer, which is a quite rare skill in today's football. But Ligue 1 is miles apart from Prem, and for that high a level his abilities are pretty limited. That's why he doesn't get much starts for France either, although they really don't have an international-level forward at the moment (Karim is sadly really off his form). So I would be very surprised to see your prophecy fulfilled next season, although if Benzema is equally lost, France may have to go into Brazil with Giroud as their neuf.

And just to point out that those 16 goals are in all competitions, and Arsenal a struggling club?? Michu has 16 goals in the Prem this season, but oh yeah, Swans won a cup... :D

He isnt overrated. Arsenal in game are just better at using him that Arsenal IRL, and dont tend to have the same issues in game as Arsenal IRL. Ligue isnt miles apart from Prem. Look at his actual attributes, they are nigh on exactly where they should be.
16 Goals and 10 assists in 26 starts and 14 sub appearances, considering Arsenal inconsistencies.

Although not really the point. The point is about his individual attributes.

Last edited:
He was the same in FM12. I Signed him in my game and he was great, Yes he has stats that are a little bit better but he is basically the same. I would say he was better in FM12 as you could train him better

Just like to point out that 32 goals and assists combined in 35 starts isn't too shabby for your first season in England...

I think its more a case of other Arsenal players being overrated by the researcher, and the FM version of Wenger splashing unrealistic amounts of cash

I think its more a case of other Arsenal players being overrated by the researcher, and the FM version of Wenger splashing unrealistic amounts of cash
Out of interest, who apart from Giroud in the Arsenal squad would you say is over-rated?

Ramsey. He always turns out to be a player on which City or ManU spend 40 mil. Not too bad for a bench warmer.

Last edited: