Why Steven Pienaar is as good as anyone..

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 5K

Stann

please stay StevieP! <3
Reaction score
I personally have been singing his praises for the last two seasons now, watching the lad week in week out. I am yet to find a player more consistent, more hard-working, more technically able, yet so loyal to a club, which let's be honest he is much bigger than.

Pienaar entering his 4th year at the club, another of Moyes' bargain deals has become a huge favourite at the club and has helped the Blues establish themselves as contenders for Champions League places year in year out.

The Bafana Bafana star is going on 28 this year, and it is becoming increasingly aware that being "contenders" for Champions League places, is no longer satisfactory. With sides such as Champions League winners and finalists Inter Milan and Bayern Munich interested in him earlier this summer, Moyes has had a struggle keeping hold of him. Tottenham also became very hot on the trail of the South African, offering something close to £13M plus Kranjcar if my memory serves me well. However the Toffees have been doing all they can to get Pienaar to sign a new contract offering close to £75k a week. This is very rare at Everton and it shows the intent on keeping such an important player.

Everton are often talked about as a defensive, solid team, but with the likes of Pienaar and his superb flair, first touch, dribbling and finishing ability I think those ages are long in the past. Arteta has been called Everton's stand out player by many, but as has been the case for a while now Pienaar is quite definitely the stand out unsung hero.

Here is a short video of some(and I emphasise some) of the geniuses work.

YouTube - Steven Pienaar // Evertons Magician //HD//

He's a un-sung hero, if he is refusing to sign a contract, maybe he wants a shot at winning some trophies, can't really blame him.. Because nothing against Everton, but they're not going to win anything.

I can assure you that we never made a 13m + Kranjcar bid for him. Dont be silly.

CJ knows all...

Steven Pienaar is a fantastic and intelligent player to watch. The goal he scored against Arsenal last season in the snow was a brilliant goal - any other player would have tried to slot it past the keeper or avoid him to score an open goal, but the chip showed why he is clever.

I forgot you knew everything... oO)

:)

It's obvious really.

Redknapp said that they made an ENQUIRY, but nothing more.

Redknapp loves Kranjcar and always says that he's a great player and Pienaar is not worth 13m + Kranjcar

So there.

:)

It's obvious really.

Redknapp said that they made an ENQUIRY, but nothing more.

Redknapp loves Kranjcar and always says that he's a great player and Pienaar is not worth 13m + Kranjcar

So there.

And if Redknapp said he had *** with a Donkey would you believe him?

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/0...nge-deal-redknapp-offered-pienaar-for-crouch/

It was Crouch, if you read properly, I quote, "if my memory serves me right".
Crouch and Kranjcar sound similar.

Pluse whether Harry likes Niko or not he is wasted sitting on your bench.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Can we not turn this into a Spurs conversation please.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/0...nge-deal-redknapp-offered-pienaar-for-crouch/

It was Crouch, if you read properly, I quote, "if my memory serves me right".
Crouch and Kranjcar sound similar.

Pluse whether Harry likes Niko or not he is wasted sitting on your bench.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Can we not turn this into a Spurs conversation please.

Sorry, I just didn't believe the kranjcar thing as I had never seen it. Thats All.

Thanks Danny :)

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

There's a difference between liking a player and playing him. A player might be a nice guy but doesn't mean he plays

If you read the rest of the article it says about how he's in his plans and he will be playing.

I thought this was about Pienaar :O

Back to Pienaar. I think he's a terrific player. Although he doesn't score many goals he gets a lot of assists. His dribbling ability and work rate is top class.

Back to Pienaar. I think he's a terrific player. Although he doesn't score many goals he gets a lot of assists. His dribbling ability and work rate is top class.
Would you have him in your side Roonaldo?

Back