Why Steven Pienaar is as good as anyone..

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 5K
Technically gifted player who obviously developed his ball control at Ajax. He's certainly improved as a player from his time at Everton, I can only see him moving to a bigger club soon seeing as he's getting on a bit now.

Very good player. Wouldn't go as far as saying he's 'as good as anyone' though.

Pienaar is a quality player, I've always thought it, hence why Hes always in my fantasy team but to say hes as good as anyone is a bit much. Hes very good but nothing near the likes of Messi and Ronaldo

Technically gifted player who obviously developed his ball control at Ajax. He's certainly improved as a player from his time at Everton, I can only see him moving to a bigger club soon seeing as he's getting on a bit now.

Very good player. Wouldn't go as far as saying he's 'as good as anyone' though.
I would say he is quite comfortably as able as Malouda or Kalou.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Pienaar is a quality player, I've always thought it, hence why Hes always in my fantasy team but to say hes as good as anyone is a bit much. Hes very good but nothing near the likes of Messi and Ronaldo
No of course, I meant more refined within the creative midfield players in the Prem.

I would say he is quite comfortably as able as Malouda or Kalou.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

No of course, I meant more refined within the creative midfield players in the Prem.

Kalou's a bit of a wierd example :S I'd say hes better than Kalou tbh.

Not sure about Malouda, and arent they different players? Malouda is mroe of a winger where as pienaar plays of the striker in a more central role?

Would you have him in your side Roonaldo?

I think that we have enough quality in midfield. His style of play suits Arsenal yet I can only see him joining Spurs or go abroad

I think that we have enough quality in midfield. His style of play suits Arsenal yet I can only see him joining Spurs or go abroad
Well I for one think he's better than Park, Giggs, Scholes at the present moment in time.

Well I for one think he's better than Park, Giggs, Scholes at the present moment in time.

I disagree with you here. Scholes has been one of our best players this year and Park and Giggs are big game players. But the main thing is that Pienaars' role is more in the hole behind the striker. Scholes is more of a deep lying playmaker and Giggs and Park are either on the wings, in the hole or free role

Bold statement.

Two legends of the game. :S

I'd say hes better than Park though.

i Agree will make another club very happy when he leaves for free!

Plus darren bent sice signing for sunderland is constantly a goalscorer.... quality player IMO

Bold statement.

Two legends of the game. :S

I'd say hes better than Park though.
Hence why I said at this present moment in time, I would have Pienaar in my side anyday, you'd do well to argue a case for either of them over Stevie.

I don't think it's Pienaar wanting to leave, he has said on numerous occasions that he is happy at Everton, I think his agent is the one who is putting him against signing the 70K-a-week deal.

He has been doing all the talking recently aswell. His agent is probably wanting a huge payment or something from either Everton or a "richer" club.

When we first signed Pienaar, I thought he was going to be Osman's understudy, because he didn't offer much in his first 4 - 5 months, but then he started playing were he is most comfortable, and his work rate improved a considerable amount. He is also starting to add more goals in his game too. He is also very underated. I can't play him in Everton team on FM11, coz Billy is rated better than him, for some absurd reason!

Hence why I said at this present moment in time, I would have Pienaar in my side anyday, you'd do well to argue a case for either of them over Stevie.

Well Scholes is a deep lying play maker, excellent this season. Last season he was played in the hole against Arsenal, worked like treat.

I will have Giggs and Scholes any day. Giggs and Scholes comes up with moment of brilliance in big occasions and they have done it for 2 decades and still doing it.

Last season Giggs was excellent against City at OT and Scholes scored 93rd min winner when everyone thought match would end in draw. Scholes just dictates tempo of our play. As a Everton supporter you feel Pienaar is good enough, but he can make a bench, not starting 11 with ManUtd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, City for sure.

I like him, this is nothing against him. He is hard working, technically good player, but when you need moment of inspiration or winning mentality, Giggs and Scholes over him any day.

I think he'd be a great player for Man Utd at the moment, but I think he'd be a fool to leave Everton after all they have done for him. He's always had ability, but Moyes has got the best out of him over the last few seasons. Class player, and everyone loves a hard worker ;)

Thank you hilly completely agree, so underrated how an earth Billy Bollocks is better than him I'll never know. I just think he's realised quite how good a player he is and that if he signs another contract that will see him into his 30's and he might not win or play in the finals he should be playing in.

Very good player IMO.

As Mike said, his (almost winning) goal against us at the Emirates last year was class. Have always admired him, and tbh I'd have him as a left sided player at Arsenal. Technically gifted, hard-working and a product of the Ajax Youth Academy he has all of the important 'Arsenal' attributes.

Love watching him at Everton though, and think he should stay.

Do think that "as good as anyone else" [In the PL] is a little much though.

Very good player IMO.

As Mike said, his (almost winning) goal against us at the Emirates last year was class. Have always admired him, and tbh I'd have him as a left sided player at Arsenal. Technically gifted, hard-working and a product of the Ajax Youth Academy he has all of the important 'Arsenal' attributes.

Love watching him at Everton though, and think he should stay.

Do think that "as good as anyone else" [In the PL] is a little much though.
Ok fair enough, I just hate it when someone like VDV comes over plays 5 games and everyone talks about him, when I seriously don't think he's any better than Stevie P.

Ok fair enough, I just hate it when someone like VDV comes over plays 5 games and everyone talks about him, when I seriously don't think he's any better than Stevie P.

TBF van der Vaart has the reputation and has already scored 5 goals for the club.

Pienaar is a fantastic player, not taking anything away from him. Can see Redknapp going in for him, even though we have no need for him :S

TBF van der Vaart has the reputation and has already scored 5 goals for the club.

Pienaar is a fantastic player, not taking anything away from him. Can see Redknapp going in for him, even though we have no need for him :S
That's what I mean, VDV has done ace since he joined, but he probably won't keep it up for the whole season, yet I'd bet you my house that Pienaar will.

That's what I mean, VDV has done ace since he joined, but he probably won't keep it up for the whole season, yet I'd bet you my house that Pienaar will.

VDV will get more plaudits though as he is a goalscorer, Pienaar im sure is more creative as he doesnt score many goals?

VDV will get more plaudits though as he is a goalscorer, Pienaar im sure is more creative as he doesnt score many goals?
No but I think people saying he plays behind the striker are wrong, that's Cahill's position hence why he scores more goals, Pienaar plays LM or CM and links up brilliantly with anyone around him. His first touch, and ability to leave a player standing is immense.

Back